PDA

View Full Version : Why some GGs don't wear a dress

sandra-leigh
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
At a party last night (crossdressers and friends thereof), I caught part of a conversation. The host was remarking to one of the GG guests that the host had not often seen the guest in a dress; she was wearing one yesterday evening. The GG (a lovely young black woman apparently from northern Africa), replied that when she was young, her family had often made her wear a dress even though she didn't want to, and that now that she was in Canada and had a choice about what to wear, she usually preferred not to wear a dress.

(I hadn't met her before, so I don't know what her more usual attire is: jeans like the friend she was with seems most plausible.)

Yes, I am one of the people who enjoys seeing dresses and skirts on women, and Yes, I do have some share of the disappointment that several people have expressed that relatively few women are opting for such clothing these days -- but hearing of circumstances like this helps keep fresh in one's mind why freedom of expression in clothing is important.

Amy Hepker
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
It really is a shame more GGs don't wear dresses, most don't unless they are going somewhere, like to work or out for the night.

Michaela
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I think it's great when women dont wear dresses skirts etc... I dont mind a boyish lady and think it's great :)

I simply wish it was possible for m2fers to come out the same way.

not that it matters. it would probably make crossdressing less special for M2Fs so I guess it is good that it isnt a 2 way street

vivianann
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I too like to see GGs in a dress, however GGs have the right to wear pants whether they are womens pants or mens pants, I dont think it is a shame GGs dont wear dresses because then it might be considered a shame that GMs does not wear pants. I am happy that we can wear dresses and the GGs can wear pants if they so choose to. I had GGs tell me the reason they dont wear dresses is because they dont like when the wind blows their skirts up and men trying to look up there skirts, those kind of things make them uncomfortable when wearing a dress.
Let the GGs have there freedom to wear pants, and I like the freedom to wear dresses, it is a two way street for everybody involved.:2c:

Tina Dixon
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh I think they wear them when they want and have the place to, I mean why all ways wear one? It's not the old days when thats all they wore, they now have rights and do things now a days that being in a skirt or dress just makes no sense.

Nicki B
08-03-2008, 06:10 PM
After a while, you may discover you often feel safer out, wearing pants, just like many genetic women do..

Plus, IME, pants can often be significantly cooler than skirts and hosiery? :strugglin

TxKimberly
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Call me crazy, but I think more women ARE wearing skirts and dresses in the last few years. I see a lot of young ladies out and about in cute sun dresses that I wish like hell I could wear.
I dunno, maybe women shied away from the skirts and dresses a bit in the feminists movement but now some are coming back to them for the same reasons we like them - their cute and comfy and pretty!

brendaisagirl
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
This GG wears them around the house, it is cooler than pants. Cold weather it is pants most of the time. I had to wear them all the time as a child, so I do not wear them all the time now.
In pants or a dress I'm still the same girl.
Brenda

vivianann
08-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I find wearing dresses is cooler than wearing pants even with leggs shear energy hosery. I like seeing GGs in pants also because it makes their buts look sooo cute.:D

Tina Dixon
08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
After a while, you may discover you often feel safer out, wearing pants, just like many genetic women do..

Plus, IME, pants can often be significantly cooler than skirts and hosiery? :strugglin
Must be why we don't see hosiery on women that much any more?

Michaela
08-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Call me crazy, but I think more women ARE wearing skirts and dresses in the last few years. I see a lot of young ladies out and about in cute sun dresses that I wish like hell I could wear.
I dunno, maybe women shied away from the skirts and dresses a bit in the feminists movement but now some are coming back to them for the same reasons we like them - their cute and comfy and pretty!
hi crazy :) im kayla :p :heehee: sorry had to :p

I agree... skirts and dresses are in and have been for a few years now fashion wise... not that tomboyism is out, but more that it isnt so exclusive any more... I looooove fashion and I am always happy with what direction it is going... I think all those people who decide what is going to come next do a good job of figuring out what we all want to come next :)

I find wearing dresses is cooler than wearing pants even with leggs shear energy hosery. I like seeing GGs in pants also because it makes their buts look sooo cute.:D
:battingeyelashes: without a doubt, proper jeans are the best for a booty!

Must be why we don't see hosiery on women that much any more?
perhaps... although I personally prefer a nude leg. on myself and on other women I think it just seems softer and more provocative :D

Jodi
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I have a gg friend that works at a high end womens clothing store. She told me that they have sold more dresses and skirts this spring and summer that they had sold in the prior 3 years combined. Yes, skirts and dresses must be in right now.

Jodi

bah-bah-bobbie
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I think it's great when women dont wear dresses skirts etc... I dont mind a boyish lady and think it's great :)

I simply wish it was possible for m2fers to come out the same way.

not that it matters. it would probably make crossdressing less special for M2Fs so I guess it is good that it isnt a 2 way street

I've never considered a woman wearing pants "boyish". A woman is still sexy and feminine in a pair of jeans, a feat none of us can accomplish which is why I stick with dressses. And I think Vivianann is right. Jeans can accent a womans butt and thighs but a skirt or dress downplays that aspect of thier beauty. Even dress slacks don't show off that part of a woman the way jeans do.

There was a couple comments about hose. I love them. I love the way they feel on me, and I like the way they look on GG's. Especially contrast ensambles like white hose with red or black shoes. Hosery seems to highten the natural beauty of a womans legs. I would like to hear some GG's oipinions on wearing pantyhose as they don't seem to let ones legs breathe as well as they should.

Emily Anderson
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM

Cooler in what sense of the word?

ReineD
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree with TxKimberly. Styles definitely moved towards the more feminine with all the cute little sun dresses this summer, and I think the trend will continue into fall with more body hugging sheath dresses. Think Audrey Hepburn.

I have taken to wearing more skirts since being with DH. If she can show off her legs, so can I! :D I also want to dress in a way that he finds appealing! :<3:
:hugs:

jennifer41356
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM

this is true in Dallas, i asked a female co worker at the retail store I work ands she said that skirts and sun dresses are in this season, but not to offend anyone, I like whatever makes some look nice:D:D:D

Michaela
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
A woman is still sexy and feminine in a pair of jeans, a feat none of us can accomplish which is why I stick with dressses.

not exactly... back when I was in shape and wore jeans they often made my rear end look quite alright :p

Think Audrey Hepburn.

:daydreaming::love: no need to suggest, I cant help but to think audrey hepburn I just love her ever so much! :daydreaming:

Sarah Doepner
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I've been traveling a little this year and it seems that in the downtown areas of some cities I see more women in skirts and dresses than in some others. Is it a regional thing? By the way, it seems that San Diego was the highest on the list and during the day and early evening in Las Vegas it was the lowest.

Kendra (Tx)
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I love seeing GG's in dresses too...I've chatted with a lot of them who have said "it's too much trouble" to wear a dress...stockings, or shaved legs, shoes and other accessories...it's much easier for them to pull on a nice fitted pair of jeans, a cami ( maybe with a cute blouse tied at the waist ) and slip on some sandals or maybe even a pair of sneaks...I for one feel like..If I'm going to be dressed as a woman, I'm going to wear a nice dress, or at least a skirt with a nice top...My "evil twin" always wears pants and I want to be as 180 degrees from him as I can...Besides...I love the feeling of a breeze on my legs ( espcially in the hot Summer like we are having now here in TX ;) )... Don't get me wrong..there's nothing wrong with a GG in a nice pair of "Rockies" showing off her shape...Sometimes I wish I could wear Rockies..I may reconsider my feelings towards pants...:)

http://kendra954.com

Cristi
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I agree with the original post that the reason so many women resist wearing dresses, skirts and hose is that they were FORCED to as young girls. My wife was forced to wear dresses and tights as a young girl and now hates them. I've heard many women tell the same story... being forced to 'dress up' in what they considered uncomfortable clothes when all THEY wanted to do was go outside and play, or even worse yet forced to wear school jumpers and tights every day of the year. No wonder the LAST thing they want to do when it is over is to ever wear a skirt again!

If you want to make somebody hate something (even something that has no real negative value in itself) all you have to do is force it upon them against their will often enough. Heck, you could probably even make me hate Ben and Jerry's ice cream if you MADE me eat it three times a day for a month!

My bet is that if girls were given equal access to skirts or pants but were never pressured to go either way, they wouldn't have this aversion to dressing up that many appear to have now.

Michaela
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
las vegas is a hard one to judge because the culture is so different from area to area...

if you mean the strip then thats a matter of how far the tourists are wiling to go... if you mean henderson, summerlin, or the southwest that is pretty much subburb area and is only mildly following of the trends yet vegas burb fashion is always behind by at least a couple of years so you will prolly see the skirts really hit off there in tweny ten or eleven... if you mean the inner city or north east then there is a little more of a local feel and it really depends on how the neighborhood goes...

Reba Kay
08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I have always said, my wife wears the pants it our family. Witch is fine by me, because I get to wear the dresses.

Melinda G
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
They'll wear a dress when they are trying to get your attention! :D

Michaela
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
They'll wear a dress when they are trying to get your attention! :D

I cant blame em :p so do I! :heehee:

Beth-Lock
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Perhaps my great-great-great.....great grandfather complained in the late Roman Empire, that guys stopped wearing togas except to get married in or buried in. Of course college party animals did revive the toga for a while, for special celebrations. Maybe in a hundred years time, sororities will discover that a dress party, will be as much fun as a toga party.

justmetoo
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
This GG wears them around the house, it is cooler than pants. Cold weather it is pants most of the time. I had to wear them all the time as a child, so I do not wear them all the time now.
In pants or a dress I'm still the same girl.
Brenda

I'm pretty much the same way (except I'm a GM and in pants or a dress I'm still the same guy :D )
Although, for me a skirt with tights works in winter... :daydreaming:

I have heard plenty of GGs say they had to wear dresses or skirts when they were young and that's one reason they don't wear them so much now.

In the end, though, GGs should have as much freedom to wear what they want without snarky or negative comments as we would like to have.

emmicd
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I think most women like to dress for comfort and also to showcase their femininity. Most women are proud and excited with being feminine and I believe really do enjoy wearing cute sun dresses. I would also say many women love wearing their little black dress too!

I also believe that a woman would not generally wear a dress every day of the week.

Women like choices and I believe many women are very comfortable in slacks, jeans and pantsuits too.

For me as a crossdresser/TG I prefer feminine clothing and I could get into wearing dresses every day. I would probabaly be considered a girly girl!

emmi

Michaela
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I think also jeans and a nice blouse is just more apropriate at times... both of CD's and GGs...

trannie T
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Of course women wear pants, they don't want to be mistaken for being crossdressers.

Bev06 GG
08-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Of course women wear pants, they don't want to be mistaken for being crossdressers.

Tee hee that is so funny., although I suspect having long hair is more conduscive to people thinking your a tranny.
Its strange though isn't it how the dress is considered more feminine than trousers or jeans. Fashions come and fashions go, but there was a point in time when most young women wore trousers all the time. So could we say that the definition of feminine dress had changed all be it temporarily, and it was then more feminine to wear trousers. I wonder how many CDs followed suit, I doubt very many.
For me trousers are much more practical in the winter and dresses in the summer. Although as nicky B has already pointed out we probably feel less threatened and vulnerable in trousers because we are more covered up.
Bev

Karen_Ski
08-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Tee hee that is so funny., although I suspect having long hair is more conduscive to people thinking your a tranny.
Its strange though isn't it how the dress is considered more feminine than trousers or jeans. Fashions come and fashions go, but there was a point in time when most young women wore trousers all the time. So could we say that the definition of feminine dress had changed all be it temporarily, and it was then more feminine to wear trousers. I wonder how many CDs followed suit, I doubt very many.
For me trousers are much more practical in the winter and dresses in the summer. Although as nicky B has already pointed out we probably feel less threatened and vulnerable in trousers because we are more covered up.
Bev

I agree with you Bev, even when en femme I feel less vulnerable in slacks or jeans than I do in a dress. Even shorts or a skort offers more "protection" than a dress. Also there are many situations where slacks or jeans are just more practical such as the grocery store on Saturday morning, the hardware store, or just running errands around town and getting in and out of the car 25 times!

I think the issue here runs deeper than most of us want to admit to. We view femininity with attire. While that is a part of it it is as much or more inside us. It is how we move, how we act, how we feel. So many whine they don't feel acceptance or they don't pass, well I say try to fit in don't try to pass! If one goes to the local mall and watches what the GG's are wearing at a particular time one might better understand. I went to a local mall yesterday afternoon after church. I first stopped at home and changed from my 4" heels to some slingbacks with a 2" heel yet leaving on the dress I wore to church. I fit right in as many of the women were there after church with their families or alone. Yes I saw women in slacks, heaven knows a lot of women wear slacks to church these days, yet all were very feminine in appearance. Perhaps we all need to understand what femininity is and learn to be feminine in slacks or jeans and embrace all levels of ourselves!

Satrana
08-04-2008, 05:04 AM
I agree with the original post that the reason so many women resist wearing dresses, skirts and hose is that they were FORCED to as young girls.

If that were true then we would expect to see an equal aversion in men to pants since we were all forced to wear them during our childhood and the crossdressing rate in men should be at least 90%. Also if you visit cultures where mature women still routinely wear skirts and dresses you will not find any aversion to wearing them as adults. Such a statement would really only be true for tomboys who hated skirts and dresses in the first place during their childhood.

The aversion we see now is a Western cultural product of 1. militant feminism which decried classical femininity as a negative scourge; 2. the body image problems that many women have which results in them hiding and downplaying their body shape; 3. the overwhelming media coverage of teenage fashion and the association of feminine dress only with the young and the beautiful; 4. fashion trends where women do not want to be ridiculed for not wearing age-conscious outfits.

Lidia_tv
08-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Back at the college, I had this GG friend who was MISERABLE when she had to waetr a skirt or a dress. She herself could not find a rationale for that, but avoided these items at all costs. However when she couldn't, and had to wear them, she was always cranky: On the other hand, I just adore both dresses and skirts

Cary
08-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I too like to see GGs in a dress, however GGs have the right to wear pants whether they are womens pants or mens pants, I dont think it is a shame GGs dont wear dresses because then it might be considered a shame that GMs does not wear pants. I am happy that we can wear dresses and the GGs can wear pants if they so choose to. I had GGs tell me the reason they dont wear dresses is because they dont like when the wind blows their skirts up and men trying to look up there skirts, those kind of things make them uncomfortable when wearing a dress.
Let the GGs have there freedom to wear pants, and I like the freedom to wear dresses, it is a two way street for everybody involved.:2c:
Same here!:):2c:

CaptLex
08-04-2008, 09:50 AM
If that were true then we would expect to see an equal aversion in men to pants since we were all forced to wear them during our childhood
I think quite a few men have an aversion to ties for that reason.

TGMarla
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I wonder how she'd feel about it if she hadn't been allowed to wear dresses while growing up, and then had the option available to her later?

RylieCD
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
It may be that they were forced, I was forced to wear a school uniform when I was younger, which included dress pants, dress shirt, and tie, and I detested it. For other GG's it may just be a comfort thing. That is why many of us choose the skirts vs pants.

I find it appaulding that I see us saying it is a shame that GG's dont wear dresses or in a previous thread it was labled as a waste to their body. I dont see the GGs saying the GMs should be in a three piece suit.

Yes I do see that more GGs are opting for the skirts and sundresses this summer, even my SO (who would rather have pants, and NO THAT DOES NOT MAKE HER A FTM!!!:Angry3:) has opted for the shorter style :D.

SO lets not start fighting with the GGs on what they wear, they are beatiful with who they are. Thank you GGs for putting up with us, I know it can be difficult. (for us too)

DemonicDaughter
08-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't think wearing a skirt is any sexier than wearing pants. I think its the complete ensemble that is considered sexy. I mean, moo-moos are considered dresses and I can't find anything sexy about those. I mean, let's face it... a truly sexy person could wear a tent and you'd still find them attractive.

jo_ann
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't care if women don't wear dresses, I just don't like it when they almost NEVER wear dresses. It's sad to think sometimes I'm in dresses more than my wife

emmicd
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
To me wearing dresses is the very essence of femininity.

Just view a pretty girl in a pretty dress and you generally are captivated by her beauty.

Even if she wears jeans she is very captivating!

emmi

Satrana
08-05-2008, 03:22 AM
I find it appaulding that I see us saying it is a shame that GG's dont wear dresses

I don't see anything appalling about someone expressing their preference for one type of outfit over another and wishing others would dress more often in a manner which they feel pleasing. It only becomes an issue if people become judgmental that wearing or not wearing certain clothes means something more than the personal preference which everyone is free to express.

Satrana
08-05-2008, 03:28 AM
I think quite a few men have an aversion to ties for that reason.I find men usually want to avoid ties because they don't want to have something constricting their necks. I have never myself heard any guy (non-CD) say they dislike ties because they were forced to wear them as a child.

Sara Jessica
08-05-2008, 08:42 AM
A woman is still sexy and feminine in a pair of jeans, a feat none of us can accomplish...

Unfair to say none of us can accomplish this. I happen to be able to pull this off quite well!!! Naturally I might add.

I love seeing GG's in dresses too...I've chatted with a lot of them who have said "it's too much trouble" to wear a dress...stockings, or shaved legs, shoes and other accessories...it's much easier for them to pull on a nice fitted pair of jeans, a cami ( maybe with a cute blouse tied at the waist ) and slip on some sandals or maybe even a pair of sneaks.

Been there, done that. Sometimes for all day outings I'll take along a few outfit choices, the fav being what I call casual chic during the day (jeans, cami top, heels or sandals, whatever) and then something a bit more dressy for the evening. However, more often than not, I find myself saying "must I really change into a dress/skirt/whatever???" which of course used to surprise me. Why? Because even two years ago I'd never imagine having that mindset. But the more I get out, the more I'm liking to be a casual girl. And taking that into the evening with others who are TG kind of shows that we too can be cute, casual, fun and even a bit sexy without thinking we have to dress it up to the nines.

onowic
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
My SO used to wear dresses and skirts, mostly for work, and when she got home she was quickly out of that outfit and into the comfy clothes, almost always sweat pants and a comfortable top. Not that she is a homemaker, I only see her get dressed up if I take her out. But I was always T-Shirt, jeans and tennis shoes ALL the time, being a no-collar worker, so I never had any right to complain.

My limited experience with a skirt is that there are pros and cons to them just like everything else. They are definately cooler, but they are more of a hassle doing basic things like sitting down and getting in/out of the car.

As far as women not wearing them now because they were forced to, there are certainlly women who feel that way and I think we can all appreciate that point of view.

CharleneT
08-05-2008, 12:03 PM

:laughing:

:lol:

:lol2: !!!!!!!!!!!!

that's great !!

C.

ashlee chiffon
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
dresses and skirts are work to wear for most women and not the sensuous movement about the legs that they are for xdressers. For us the outfits define femininity...but with that definition comes more careful movement, accessories,makeup,sitting postures, color coordination, cost *purchasing and cleaning*, etc. I'm perfectly content with skirts and dresses from a nice thrift store I frequent....but most of the women there are in the pants section as in the big department stores. Where we wear them to relax and be about the house, women wear them for special occasions and to dress up and go out. I think what we have in common with them is liking to show off our legs and what better way then in a dress!
Women are just as sexy in nice pants and tops as dresses and skirts, but most xdressers look better in dresses and skirts then pants *personal opinion, here*. Besides, whats the fun in wearing pants? :idontknow:

Wife Kay
08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
My SO used to wear dresses and skirts, mostly for work, and when she got home she was quickly out of that outfit and into the comfy clothes, almost always sweat pants and a comfortable top. Not that she is a homemaker, I only see her get dressed up if I take her out.

I still love skirts. I used to wear them almost all the time because of my weight. (My huge ass and hips looked a lot better in a skirt than in pants.) Now I have pants that look fine and for running after the toddler...it helps to not be tripping on a skirt. I have NO IDEA how women used to do it...

Hmmmm...I could use some new clothes come to think of it. Honey can I have the credit card?

Onowic's Wife Kay

onowic
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Honey can I have the credit card?

You have all the credit cards already! Let's quit cheating on our diets and then we can go on a shopping trip together! I do miss our shopping trips we use to go on when we were dating.

ann stef
08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
down here in hot Fla., most women don't wear dresses or skirts. At church on Sundays maybe 20% will dressup. This is the only time that I can dress up andd blend in with the crowd.

Empress Lainie
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Ever wonder why there is no female crossdresser site?

Because they are ALL crossdressers, but no one cares.

We in our tg group shamed our female facilitator into only wearing skirts on Mondays for our meeting.

She is well aware of the double standard of society re crossdressing.

sandra-leigh
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Perhaps technically this quotation should go in Media, but I think it fits better here:

Aug 5, 2008

JEANS ON THE JOB?

A recent University of Wisconsin- La Crosse study shows people take almost 500 more steps and burn 25 more calories on days they wear jjeans to work, Oxygen magazine reports.

Genifer Teal
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't care if women don't wear dresses, I just don't like it when they almost NEVER wear dresses. It's sad to think sometimes I'm in dresses more than my wife

Have you ever told her this?

kayrb
08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
From the way I've researhed the dress issue the evolution has been a long an twist'n road! Depending on the geographic location, on the planet Earth, dresses or more appropriatly garments resembling dresses have been worn by both male and females.

The basic attire for ancient Egyptian workers was a simple loincloth. Men of the upper class wore a wrapped skirt that somewhat resembled a kilt over the loincloth. This skirt was called a shenti. By 2800 BC the shenti was knee length; by the 1700s BC some shentis fell to the ankle. By 1100 BC men wore a close-fitting shenti and a fuller long one. During the reign of King Tutankhamun (1333-1323 BC), the shenti had a triangular projection in front. Cloaks or capes were draped over the shoulder. For shoes, the Egyptians wore sandals of leather or rush (a stiff marsh plant) fastened with a thong and a strap across the instep.

Women wore a long sheath dress called a kalasiris, which extended to the ankles and was held in place by one or two straps over the shoulders. Later, some of these dresses had sleeves sewn in. The kalasiris followed the outline of the body, but it was probably not as form-fitting and sheer as represented in art.

I could continue but I do not want to loose my audience! Besides I think you get the PICTURE. These 'attire mores' have exisited in all cultures at all times.

Fast foward to 2008........and M2F's, F2M's, TV's, TS's, CD's LMNOP's.

STYLE is a mix of personal appeal and social acceptance. Otherwise loin cholthes @ lunch and mini-skirts @ work would be frowned on at best and pink slipped at worst.

On the other hand I think my legs and fanny suit me in tight jeans over bottom padding (opps the secerts out) but I also luv a pencil tight skirt with suntan hose and 4" heels.

OMG I am starting to 'pant.' OOOOOH he/she? made a pun with pant. I would don this attire with the gurls but not at the construction job site.

Therefore, it mabe 'in style' and 'appropriate' but it may not be your style or appropriate! :eek:

Janet Bern
08-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Recently I have purchased 2 pairs of womans pants. I did this in order to blend when I am shopping and going out to malls and lunch during the day. Wearing trousers takes a lot of the fun out of being a CD however I do blend in a bit better. Is it possible that women will stop wearing skirts and dresses and the only ones in dresses will be CDs?

Michaela
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
if pants take the fun out of dressing then you need some better pants/jeans! :heehee:

terrigurl
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I saw a very attractive GG the other day at Baskin Robbins, and I complimented her on the pretty dress she was wearing. She thanked me, and told me that "it was simply too hot to wear pants!" I saw her point. Personally, I don't think I look very feminine in pants, so I choose to wear skirts and tops, or dresses most of the time when I get dressed up.
The other day, when I went to a salon for a makeover, I had the operator take pictures of me in a skirt, in pants, in a miniskirt, and, finally, a swimsuit. She told me that she thought the pants looked good on me so maybe I'll change my mind about pants.

Terri

jo_ann
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Have you ever told her this?

Of course, but she hates wearing them. She's not comfortable in them (but she's also a tomboy at heart), and dont' even get me started on hosiery. She'd rather stick toothpicks under her nails than to wear sweaty pantyhose.

Cristi
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I find men usually want to avoid ties because they don't want to have something constricting their necks. I have never myself heard any guy (non-CD) say they dislike ties because they were forced to wear them as a child.

I think the more apt comparison would be that some men are being 'forced' to wear a tie to conform to a certain ROLE for many different reasons (mosty work related). I'm in this situation myself. My job requires me to wear a tie every day. Before having it, I wouldn't mind 'dressing up' once in a while in a nice tie and jacket for a special occasion, but now putting on a tie is the LAST thing I ever want to do. The first thing I do when the clock strikes 5:00 is take off the noose!

So perhaps this is the best comparison. There are many women who were/are being forced to wear these clothes either as young girls or today by their jobs. Instead of being able to enjoy them, they now feel about the clothes the same way I feel about a tie and jacket... something that I can't wait to get out of.

And, like many women and dressing up, I WILL put on a tie when not at work if I feel like the rare occasion calls for it, but it is never something I enjoy doing.

Joni T
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I put this very question to my wife awhile back. She said that wearing dresses and skirts makes a woman feel infinately more vulnerable. I guess that's a legit gripe.

victoriamwilliams1
08-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I have seen an increase in skirts and dresses, it is a seasonal thing.

patti
08-16-2008, 07:59 AM

Like you Vivianne - I also enjoy women wearing pants, especially while I am wearing a skirt and pantyhose. Being married to a Tomboy makes it pretty much me being the one in the Family wearing the skirts...and I LOVE it!

Patti

patti
08-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Of course, but she hates wearing them. She's not comfortable in them (but she's also a tomboy at heart), and dont' even get me started on hosiery. She'd rather stick toothpicks under her nails than to wear sweaty pantyhose.

And for all of us guys Lucku enough to be married to Tomboys...let's assure that WE are the ones in skirts and dresses and Especially Silky Pantyhose...and let our women enjoy us being Pretty for them. It is Time for the Women to wear the pants while We wear the Skirts and other pretty things!

Patti:)

Deidra Cowen
08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I am seeing more and more GGs in dresses...especially the young 20 to teen age bracket. So its coming back in style. Even lesbians who really never had on dresses at the clubs are starting to wear them again. But heck I luv wearing capri pants and a sexy little top...I understand why the GGs like those or jeans they are fun too!

Denise01
08-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I am seeing more of a trend to women and girls wearing skirts and dresses this summer, than I have for a while.
Up here in the north, during the winter slacks are more practical for the cold weather, ( stops the cold winds from blowing up ones skirt ) but then during the winter months, when we see a lady wearing a dress or skirt during the day, it is more often the dress code for where they work.

When I am on vacaiton, I am Femme 24/7. When travelling and in and out of the vehicle, i will wear slacks as they are more practical, and one blends in much better with the rest of the ladies that are travelling.

When i stop for the evening, if I go out for dinner or shopping, will most always wear a skirt or dress, as I find that I am more comfortable having worn slacks all day.

I too agree that depending on where we are as to what we wear, as in a lot of cases, we are less vulnerable wearing slacks than a skirt or dress.

Always a woman at heart.

Denise :):):):)

Billie Jean
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
They'll wear a dress when they are trying to get your attention! :DAmen to that. My ex put on a dress one afternoon before I got home and it got my attention right away. Billie Jean P.S. It was a hot little black mini dress and she was fine looking anyhow.

Melissa A.
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm what my therapist calls a "second level transexual". Someone who didnt really know for years what she was, as opposed to those ts's who knew from the get-go what they needed. For decades, I thought I was a cd. And I almost always wore skirts or dresses, especially if I was leaving the house. It makes perfect sense. Those who can't be female all of the time are almost certainly going to try to put as much of an accent on their femininity as they can, when they get the chance to dress. GG's, on the other hand, even girly-girls, take their femininity for granted, in many ways. It's always been a part of who they are. They know they can look just as good in jeans or shorts and a cute top. Unless it's really hot out, pants are more comfortable, make one feel less vulnerable, and leave one free to wear sneakers(I know, some women do wear sneaks with a skirt).

Now that I live about 50% of my life presenting as a woman, and am working my way to 100%, I find myself wearing pants and jeans most of the time. This didnt happen overnight, and I'm not sure I can explain it completely. I think of myself as a woman, and I really just want to be an every-day, average female. Jeans help do that. I still love a cute skirt or summer dress, and will wear them occasionally. Especially if it's hot out. Most of my skirts are of the very casual variety, anyway, made for wear with a t shirt or equally casual top. Having said all that, however, skirts ARE definitely more in fashion and seen much more these days than a few years ago. And I think they do brighten up the world.

P.S.- Pantyhose was invented by the devil! Yay for bare legs!!!

Hugs,

Melissa:)

susan fuller
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
I agree with most of you that the ladies were forced to wear dresses and now are glad to have the freedom to wear pants. My SO is one of them. She rarely wears a dress so I enjoy them for both of us. I feel great in a dress and wear them as much as posssible and am happy for my wife when she is wearing her pants.