PDA

View Full Version : Femme Calling Cards

Beth-Lock
08-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Anybody have a femme calling card? I just made a nice one today. It is so easy with the computer programs now. It has a drawing, my name, (omitting last name), and my phone number, to my femme cellphone. It was fun to do, and will be something to put in my wallets, in my purses, which are now fairly empty of that sort of thing.

Michaela
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
back when I djed professionally I used to only put my name "DJ Kayla" on my cards and the ad's in the local publications said the same...

outside of my professional life though I dont really have the chance to bother having calling cards and such so I never really thought about it

trannie T
08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Nice idea, I was given one by a girl at a group meeting but until now had not considered making my own. The biggest thing will be to keep them seperated from my business cards.

whitelace
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey that's a very fine idea indeed, Beth ,but how about we take it a step further and have some fun creating are own CROSSDRESSER CARDS ( like baseball cards)
be the first kid on your block to own them all lol Lets see mine would be white & lacie and in the shape of connecticut.
Actually all kidding aside I think your idea is a good one I'm just in one of those silly moods hugs ....lacie

TG-Taru
08-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Made one many years ago.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=423&pictureid=3038

I used a photo as a background and drew a vector image on top of it, and used that for the card.

deja true
08-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I made some as an after-thought just before I went to Chicago's Be-All. Glad I did, too.

About a third of the others there had cards, too!

Met so many nice people, but the cards were really the only way to remember everyones name and be able to stay in touch!

Beth-Lock
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
You could make them a differenet size and/or shape to keep them separate! In addition to simply designing them so you could cut them down, smaller, there are other fairly standard sizes than the regular business card size, the so-called #88, (because 88 can be cut from an old fashioned, full-commercial-sized piece of card).

I like the ideas expressed. Drawing on top of a photo certainly made a good card image for Taru. There are options in GIMP, (which is free), and other programs around, for modifying a photo to make it look like a painting, and other special effects in various programs.

About lace, that is not necessarily impossible. I think some craft stores sell a little machine to make the edges of paper fancy, perhaps even like lace, as in a doily.

Christen3042
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Here's one of mine...
If my use of the logo is a problem, I'll remove it.

Sally24
08-05-2008, 05:54 AM
I've made several versions of my card. It comes in handy at events like First Event and when meeting people out at clubs.
Got to update this and make a new one soon though!

Beth-Lock
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Yesterday I made some masculine calling cards, but used a very different color of card stock, so i won't be getting them confused. I think now, what I thought of as my femme card, was really more unisex, and next I should work on a really feminine calling card. Today I got a nice silver-coloured business card case, engraved with my first name on the outside. That ought to add a bit of class!. Shortly I will try and get a copy of my unisex/bigendered card to post here, though it may be hard to render it in .jpg.

Sandra Dunn
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I have 2 types, one for Sandra and one for the support group. Just very flowery and no photo.

debbeelee1
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
You girls have some great cards! I belong to a group called Pink Essence and most of the girls have cards too. Thanks for reminding me to whip some up!

Niya W
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Has a few

RobertaFermina
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I do not, but now that you opened my mind to this Fabulous Idea, I soon will !

:rose: Roberta :rose: