PDA

View Full Version : Ok so how did it begin.

cdkelsi
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
This is just another one of those things that makes me think why, how, and all that. I mean what was it that one day a boy and I started to think or feel or act like a girl and then say hey I want to put that skirt on or who I wish I could wear those heels!!!!
How and why it all begins I am not sure nor will I ever.
All I know is that when I was 11-12 I was playing around in my sisters room and one thing led to another. She had these awesome looking tan cafe boots that just had me wondering....so I went for it. I got them on and loved how it felt so of course I went to try other things out. The thing that really got me was a satin floral skirt she had with a matching top....wow...I loved how it felt looked and all. God I wish I was smaller. I really do believe that if I was about a 2 feet shorter that I would have gone down the road of no turning back along time ago and did what I had to become a woman outright.

Ok enough babble. What did it for you???

kateyliz
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I have no idea how it began because I can't remember a time when I didn't have these feelings. Hugs, Kathy

TGMarla
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Oddly enough, it started out for me with an "Ugly" contest. It was homecoming, I was in 7th grade, and there was this contest to see who could look the most gruesome. We had a family friend who was able to show me about stage makeup, and I let my imagination do the rest.

And I had this great idea: I would use pantyhose to make my legs look like the skin was peeling and falling off. I'd cut flaps in the hose and let it hang off my legs that way. My mother assured me that it didn't work that way, but I wouldn't listen. I was 12 years old, and I knew everything, after all. So I tried it, and it didn't work. Go figure. But I sure liked the way pantyhose felt on my legs! I tried it again after that, and again, and again. Soon I was hooked, and trying on other items of feminine attire. Now look at me. I'm a hopeless crossdresser.

I blame it on everyone else, of course! :tongueout

By the way, I didn't win the contest. I came in 2nd because another guy used scotch tape and axle grease to make it look like he'd put his eye out. Nasty!

Lidia_tv
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I always wanted to have a sister...never had one, though.

nekrina
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
My mom left for USA when I was 10 (I'm originaly from Slovenia, Europe).
Maybe I felt like I missed a woman's presence around the house and her closet was still full of her clothes and shoes which haven't been used for so long.
I guess that kinda pushed me into it, but I could be wrong.

Ruth
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
It's funny how people think that particular events pushed them into CDing. I think it's there in your head from the beginning. Something always triggers it, but that same trigger would not work on another person if the CDing behavior was not there.
I don't think there was a particular 'trigger' event for me. I had the urge for as long as I can remember, and it was just a case of seeking out the opportunity

bah-bah-bobbie
08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
It's funny how people think that particular events pushed them into CDing. I think it's there in your head from the beginning. Something always triggers it, but that same trigger would not work on another person if the CDing behavior was not there.

If people could accept that simple truth, the "why an I like this" threads would be cut in half.

Back on subject; I remember playing with fingernail polish when I was 3 maybe 4. I don't know why, I just wanted to paint my nails. I asked my grandmother who let me use her polish if there was something wrong with me, because boys don't do that stuff. She assured me no. But my long time love has been high heel shoes. Especially open toe. Every oppurtunity I got when noone was home or even wrapped up in a tv show, I would try on every pair of heels in the closet at least once each. It took over twenty years for my dressing to progress beyond that.

tricia_uktv
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I can remember putting on my Mothers stage dress (ridiculous) when I was four, I can remember swapping coats with a girl friend when I eas six. I can remember ... But I can't actually ever remember any real male longings. Funny world?

Phyliss
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
After my Mother "passed" when I was 9 my dad kept her clothes in her dresser for the longest time, kinda like a shrine to her, ( he loved her so much). I missed her terribly and the proximity of her clothing and "dusting powder" became my "trigger"
The first time I finally summoned up the courage to actually reach into her dresser and touch something. I felt almost an electric shock as my world changed in that mioment, and I just KNEW I had to try on something.

Alice B
08-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I have no idea. Just started all of a sudden a few years ago.:daydreaming:

susan2010
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't remember the very first time, but I was irresistably drawn to my sister's petticoat when I was 4 or 5. I just had to put it on whenever I could get away with it.
Susan1974

onowic
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
It began just this past couple of months for me, and for the first time last night I went through the wife's side of the closet (with her permission of course) and tried a few things on. It was only for a few minutes, and I didn't stay in any one outfit very long, and I didn't know if I "matched", but I didn't feel ridiculous like I was afraid, or perhaps hoping, I would.

I know that growing up I would be hit with bouts of "girl envy", but there were definate "glad I'm a guy" moments as well. I was never into the rough boy play but I was also sick and on the frail side as I kid and was definately the smallest kid on the block so being on the losing side of the battle seemed a good enough explanation for me as to why i wasn't like "the other guys". I was also my "mother's kid", but that wasn't neccssarily as great as it sounds since she was more of a career oriented, over-achiever type woman than the nurturing mother kind. Looking back I really can't see an effiminate role model in my life, per se, but I do remember feeling like I could belong in the "girls club" too, if I was just allowed in.

Why now? I THINK it's becausee recently work, extended family, and general life pressures seemed to rain down on me at the same time. Things were hard on my SO as well, as we'd just gone through the final stage of pregnancy and had our second child. Even my hobbies, distinctly guy hobbies, seemed to turn on me. There were so many peak highs, like my son being born, and then crashing lows with extended family and work, that I was on an emotional roller coaster and alot of it was out of my control, which is REALLY hard for a guy. The past year has been really hard on me, but I was living through it. Then things got more on an even keel with the family and my SO entered the happiest, most perfect time of her life (her words) and while things were better work was still killing me with stress. That's when, even though I was happy for my SO and it felt good that I was a big part of providing that safety and security for her, I was hit with jealousy as well.

Since I work from home I have a front seat to the life of a stay-at-home mom, and since I'm here and can help in a pinch I get a pretty good taste of it as well. I looked at my career and even though I consider myself successful and better off than I expected or could have hoped for, I seriously analyzed myself and the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that I was TOTALLY SCREWED by my "assigned" gender role. Now that I've had both experiences, I would pick "stay-at-home" over "career", as long as I had the security of a great partner of course.

Since I became the "man" I am because that's what I was supposed to do, and if I had known and was giving a choice in the matter and it was "ok" I think I would have opted for the other gender role, it pretty much snowballed from there into a rexamination of my inner self, I guess. I still want to be the husband and father, and while I would LOVE to tell my career to go to hell and stay home and raise the kids that really isn't possible. However my SO has helped me to open up personally and emotionally since almost the day we met (we didn't do that in my family) and I now feel there is more to me than what I have made of myself following the standard gender program.

SOOO... long story short (I know, too late... ) I'm seeing if this will do anything for me. I think I've mostly gotten over the initial fear and guilt and I am encouraged, although I hate what I'm doing to the wife. We'll just have to see how it goes.

carhill2mn
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
When I was about 8 yrs. old, I tried on one of my mother's silk blouses. It fit me like a dress! I loved how it felt. I soon found her satin wedding dress and strappy high heels and I was hooked!

docrobbysherry
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
A neighbor moved, and left several boxes with us to take to Goodwill. The neighbor was a "she", and just about my dress and shoe size! I looked thru the items she left, in case there was something my wife or daughter could use, and so it began----:o

Jilmac
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I've mentioned in numerous threads how it all started for me but I'll say it again because you are a relative newbie and probably didn't see any of my previous threads.

I started at age 7 on a dare from a cousin. He dared me to put on a girls panties and dress. I was scared but did it because even at that young age I wouldn't turn down a dare. I loved the way the panties felt against my skin and when I saw how pretty I looked in the dress, I thought how lucky girls are that they can wear pretty dresses.

I had three older sisters and plenty of girls clothes to experiment with and so for another eight years I would try on various items of my sisters' clothing. When I was 15 my second sister died in a freak accident and in my grief I wore her clothes to be with her spirit. Wearing her clothes put me into a whole different state of mind, I could cry and not be ashamed. I wasn't held to some expectation that boys were considered weak if they showed emotion.

I have been dressing ever since, mostly in the closet because of disapprovals of others. I'm 63 now and out of the closet and proud that I can dress in either male or female clothes and be comfortable with myself.

matilda
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I was about 12 and shopping with my mother. we went into the ladies department and she was looking for some bras. I was captured right then and there. When ever I went into a store from then on, I had to walk through the womans setion and check out the bras and lingerie. I was about 16 when I started experimenting with my sisters and mothers lingerie. I stopped for years, but always had the urge, especially shopping I couldn't help but walk through the womans departemnt and check out the bras and lingerie. Now at age 57 I have started wearing what i want. My wife mostly tries to ignore what I do.

bah-bah-bobbie
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
...and for the first time last night I went through the wife's side of the closet (with her permission of course)...However my SO has helped me to open up personally and emotionally since almost the day we met (we didn't do that in my family)...although I hate what I'm doing to the wife. We'll just have to see how it goes.

If you don't mind my asking, how is the wife dealing with your issues? She sounds very supportive and open minded but your last line raises the red flag.

A neighbor moved, and left several boxes with us to take to Goodwill. The neighbor was a "she", and just about my dress and shoe size! I looked thru the items she left, in case there was something my wife or daughter could use, and so it began----:o

Many a yard sale I have scoured hoping for such a treasure trove.

I was about 12 and shopping with my mother. we went into the ladies department and she was looking for some bras. I was captured right then and there. When ever I went into a store from then on, I had to walk through the womans setion and check out the bras and lingerie.

My mom liked my opinion and said I have a good eye for color, so she would not go shopping without me. She was a carreer woman which I guess explains why I look at the casual and business dresses and of course shoes. Also department store ads in the sunday newspaper during winter and spring hollidays. No better time to find sexy shoes and frilly dresses.

jackie_p
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
For me, it was after my father remarried and I had access to my
step sisters things. Her cheerleader outfit was just too cute and
way too inviting to not try on. I'm sure I had the feeling before
that but trying on that first outfit around 8 or 8 years old was my
hook. Wish I could still get into that outfit...LOL.

whitelace
08-04-2008, 11:18 PM
There were so many signs and signals I received as a child all pointing towards my obvious obsession with the feminine form, from my pencil renderings of models in lingerie, my collection of special items IE clothing accessories ,perfumes , magazines anything that hinted femininity I treasured. One particular incident which stands out from childhood was a beautiful summer day when no one was home. I came out of the shower with one towel wrapped tightly around my touche the other wrapped around my head the way I had seen women in the movies do ,,,the little wiggle walk came natural and I felt totally wonderful . I was completely aware of the gift and thrilled at the same time, I'm thinking I was between 10 & 12 yo.
I lived not far fom NYC and by time I was 16 I personally adopted the streets as my own parade ground the rest is history or should I say "herstory"
anyway i enjoyed sharing this with you all hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

dawn-sussex
08-05-2008, 04:19 AM
My first experience was also my earliest memory - when I was 4 years old, my sister dressed me in her tutu, and when my mother saw me told my sister "not to do it again as he might want to do it more!"!
My next memory of dressing was when I was 13 when we visited a YHA holiday camp, and I got hijacked by a group of the women to dress up as Cleopatra for an Egyptian themed evening! Did I enjoy it? What do you think!
That awakened my interest and when we got home I remember putting on my sister's bra and two piece suit. I continued to dress in secret until I got married, when it stopped for some seven years.
When my wife got pregnant with our second child she went off sex, and so I bought her a nice bra, french knickers and stockings and suspenders. She said she didn't want to wear them and when I tried to persuade her she said "if I liked them so much why don't you could wear them?" That's when the old feelings came back, and 28 years later, they are stronger than ever!:o
So here's to the next 28 years!

Angie G
08-05-2008, 04:42 AM
I found some things it the attic where we lived a five family house. @ age around 12 and tried them on that was that.:hugs:
Angie

gagirl1
08-05-2008, 05:09 AM
well, the first time was when i was about 10 or 11 trying on a pair of my mom's stockings. i liked how they felt, and did it a couple more times, but that was that until about a year ago. i was going to get my little sister her first thong for her 16th birthday but decided i would try it on, see what all the fuss was about. needless to say i loved it and wore it almost every day. fast forward a year to my grandfather's death. it hit me like a ton of bricks that life is too short to be unhappy or afraid to try new things. so i started doing research, found this forum, and it's been downhill ever since.

oh, and my sister got these really gross yellow xxxxL granny panties for her birthday instead. they were a hit.

stevie b
08-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Simple for me, I believe I was born this way. Now I have accepted it I looove it:daydreaming:
xx:daydreaming:

Rachaelb64
08-05-2008, 06:52 AM
I always felt 'different' with me its was 12/13 but I do remember playing dress up earlier than that, it did help my best friend at the time was a girl who lived across the road.

StephanieH
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
For me, 4th grade boys' beauty pageant at school. I won that sucker too. We dressed as girls that morning at school, wigs, dresses, the whole works, and we kept our outfits on all day - that was truly the day I can point back to and say, "yep, that was it."

Take care and God bless! :D

darla_g
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I was 13 and discovered all my mom's things while i was left along. I wrote a nice essay on this and will have to link to it.

Nikki K
08-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Professional opinion suggests that it all started when my mother left (age 4) and I grew up in a house full of girls (2 sisters) who got all the attention. I figure I must have already had a predisposition but from age 8-9 I started raiding my step-mother's closet and the rest, as they say, is history.
Forty years on and I have one foot firmly placed on each side of the line. I'm neither one, nor the other, just a blend of the two trying hard to find balance and equilibrium.
Now I just need to convince a few other people that this is OK!

Carly D.
08-05-2008, 10:05 AM
It was a small start for me.. what?? I'm not sure.. I can't remember the trigger.. it was likely the same thing as now.. I love high heels and pantyhose and what pantyhose looks like and what hose can do for the legs (changing the shade) and heels are my first love but can't really have one without the other in my books... so for me back in the way back machine; started with being in my parents closet and my older brother and I would be playing this dress up game and one time I tried my moms clothes on... simple..

onowic
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
If you don't mind my asking, how is the wife dealing with your issues? She sounds very supportive and open minded but your last line raises the red flag.

So far she's doing ok with it I guess, and she is being supportive. I gave her the opportunity to call it off when we first started talking about it but she wouldn't do it, she isn't that kind of person. Still, it is hard on her, she held back at first but this past weekend she let out her feelings and I mostly listened, and some of it hurt. Basically, from what I can gather, she is afraid of losing her man. I've tried to assure her that is not the case but I can understand the feelings are there and it hurts me to know I am hurting her. Support and tolerance is one thing, acceptance is another, and embracing it is further away still.

Her cheerleader outfit was just too cute and way too inviting to not try on

I so completely know what you mean. If you are a guy and you have any inclination or jealousy over women's clothes the cheerleader uniform has to run a close second to the wedding dress. My SO was drill team though and for some reason they were never fond of the cheerleaders as a group so I can't ever see that particular outfit being welcome in the house.

For me, 4th grade boys' beauty pageant at school. I won that sucker too. We dressed as girls that morning at school, wigs, dresses, the whole works, and we kept our outfits on all day

OMG! I've NEVER heard of that! Not only would that never have occured at my school but my father would have yanked me right out of there if it had! I do feel a pain of regret not having a similar experience when I was very young but luckily my daughter has my eyes and face so I can vicariously live through her. She does seem to be starting out as a real girly girl too!

Donna tv
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
1st of all I believe we are were born with our quest to be feminine. Like some others here I think I have a post or 2 about how all started. I still enjoy thinking about it especially like now when I do not have the oppertunity to dress I can at least write about it. I am an only child, having a Dad who always worked 2 jobs, naturally I became closer to my Mom. Thinking back to when I was probably 5 or 6 maybe younger I developed this tremendous pleasure of simply touching that little satin edge that was sown on the ends of blankets. Could not explain why I loved it but even both my parents were well aware that I had to have that satin strip on my blanket. As I grew older I can remember my Mom knowing how much I loved satin , giving me a lavender satin comforter I think she had received as a wedding gift, lets just say I was in heaven. Growing older I had a fasination for the white linen dressy gloves that the women wore back then and of course the high heels both of which my Mom had plenty. Every chance I had I can remember sneaking in her closets and drawers slipping the gloves on my little hands and my feet into her heels and how wonderful those things made me feel. Thats how it started for me and from then on what seemed to be the normal thing of playing with other boys and doing boy things which I thought was ok, with some of my friends having sisters , I had this jealousy that I wanted to playing with the girls and their girly things and I knew it was just not acceptable. To this day I still am in awe of women and can only imagine it's like to be one .:daydreaming:

skirting
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
The first time I can remember was around 6 years old and trying on some high heels (actually in the closet :) ) and got caught and laughed at by my mom. I think I was just wanting to be taller. I passed it off as just playing in the closet since i was just standing in the shoes.

Later I discovered panties and bras and would experiment with them when I could (before a bath or when home alone).

The defining moment was when I was around 13 and home alone for an afternoon and realized "I can try on clothes, not just underwear when nobody is here". I went up and found a nice dress, took of just my shirt and put it on over my pants and boys underwear. I didn't want to take everything off in case someone came back too soon. I tried pushing the pants legs up so under the dress so I couldn't see them but it was too short to work (dress was above the knee) and that was uncomfortable.

So I lifted up the dress, undid my pants and took them off. Now in just a dress and boys underpants, the feeling of freedom and release from the bunched up pants was wonderful. I was hooked for life.

The next time I took off everything first and put on a dress and panties. Then I heard the garage door going up and I was just a blur changing back so fast. I didn't get caught but it was very close. Heart rate probably hit 200.

brandic
08-05-2008, 12:50 PM
At age five, my favorite game was "dress up" with my friend Olivia down the street. She was older than me by about a year, and her clothes all fit me. She had the cutest, frilliest things. When her father caught us, he called me a pervert (before my balls had even considered dropping) and forbade his daughter playing with me.

At puberty, I started wearing Mom's bras from the laundry hamper while I masturbated. It's been a long, strange trip from there.

PaulaPts
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I cannot ever remember not wanting to be a girl. Even when I was very little I would put on things from my mom. I can only remember how wonderful that felt. To this day I feel much more 'normal' as girl. I cannot say for others but for me, inside, I'm a girl. All the man things over the years have just been a form of denial.

ann stef
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Dirtied my last play clother playing i the local creek. Had to wear my older sisters dresses, or stay in my room all day. The next wash was 2 days later. I wore the dresses in the house and played with my sisters. It was fun that I never forgot.

Elysia
08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
I was 9. I could not resist slipping on a blue silk nighty that my mom had left hanging in the bathroom. It felt great.

katrinacd
08-06-2008, 12:35 AM
When I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade, I was helping my best friend roll papers for his route when a neighborhood kid passed by on his bicycle. My friend mentioned that this kid liked to dress as a girl and did so every year at Halloween. I was immediately fascinated by the idea that a boy could enjoy dressing as a girl and became even more so when I saw this kid at school on Halloween all dolled up (he looked amazing). For some reason, it never occurred to me that I would want to be such a boy, but a few years later curiosity got the best of me and I tried on a pair of my mother's pantyhose. Been hooked ever since.

TeriAnn
08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
The first time that I remember was when I was about 5 or so. My Mom hung her stcokings over the curtain rod in the bathroom to dry and I got curious one day and tried them on needless to say I loved the way they felt on my young legs. After that I ask my Mom if I could wear her shoes, they where red leather and lots of straps and must have been made of real leather because they had a smell about them that made me not want to take them off. My Mom and Gradmother thought I looked cute but when my Dad saw mw the s--t hit the fan. It was a long time before I got the ability to explore my feelings again.
When I was old enough to be on my own Katie bar the door cause I went all out and now I have everything I need to be the girl of my dreams . I have no regrets and I would do it all over again.:heehee::heehee:

carolinewalker_2000
08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
I guess a whole lot of us discovered our feminine side with the onset of pubity!

KereeAnn
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Parents, especially mum wanted a girl and got me. Played with dolls as a small child and raided mums wardrobe from an early age, I`m sure she must have known but never said anything.Ladies I`ve known in adulthood have all said they like my fem side, although I didn`t share my secrets with all of them.

Patti Remick
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi
Ill repost an earlier reply of mine to a similar post:

Ive been a CDr as far back as I can remember. I am the youngest of 3 with 2 older sisters that were 6 and 7 years older than me. My father travelled a lot on business and was away from home for days and even weeks at a time. When I was about 7 my mom went back to work full time. My mom always considered me a very 'grown up' little boy and felt I could take care of myself at home after school until my older sisters, and eventually she, got home. So from the time I was about 7 (c 1965) until well into my early teens I had plenty of afterschool 'home alone' time (this would be anywhere from 3-6 hours depending on when I got home and when my sisters did as they were very involved in aftershool activities). And for a young CDr our home was a paradise. My mother was a total pack rat (probably from growing up dirt poor herself) and kept almost all of my sisters old clothes from when they were younger. So I was home alone in a house filled with tons of perfectly fitting girls clothes. My father even had built a huge walk-in closet in our basement for my mother and sisters to keep their clothes in! My sisters had so much stuff - dresses, skirts, blouses, jumpers, even their old shoes! I wore their panties, tights, vests and training bras, and pantyhose. I wore almost everything of theirs that I could and by age 9 or 10 I was one of the best dressed little CDrs you could ever meet. Complete outfits head-to-toe, inside-out! And this was the 1960s and girls clothes were GIRLY. One of my sisters even had some wigs (she obviously was experimenting with her own looks) and they were just the icing on the cake for this little CDr. There were even ballet outfits and some skating dresses. I dressed almost daily from age 9 to about age 14 in perfectly fitting and age correct little girls clothes!! I am sure this is the reason for my preference for little girls and girls clothes, as opposed to womens clothes, today (I can and do dress my age but prefer the younger -much younger - look). Eventually my sisters grew older and moved out and eventually most of the clothes were gotton rid of. I was never 'caught' or anything but certain events would lead me to speculate that my sisters and mother may have suspected something - Im just not sure. I was always very carefull to put things back the way they had been in closets, drawers, etc., but doing this so often I never could be absolutely sure I covered my tracks. I think my best allie in stealth was the fact that my mother and sisters were so involved in their own lives they did not have time to really see what I was doing. To this day nothing has ever been said. I look back on that time in my life with both joy and sadness. Joy in what I had and sadness that I would never have it like that again.

Love and hugs to all,
Patti Remick

Bev06 GG
08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I was about 12 and shopping with my mother. we went into the ladies department and she was looking for some bras. I was captured right then and there. When ever I went into a store from then on, I had to walk through the womans setion and check out the bras and lingerie. .

Ok so Im not a Cross Dressers but I am a Crossdressers mate. We went shopping the other day for clothes for me and for Jay, we spent ages looking around all the pretty spring colours in the womens section. Then we went into the guy section to get Andy a pair of work trousers. OMG what a come down, it was so drab I couldn't believe the contrast it almost made me feel depressed.. So I can relate to what matilda just said. If I was a guy I would most definitely be a Cross Dresser.
Bev

MargoLE
08-06-2008, 03:41 PM
How about making Bev06_GG an honorary Crossdresser, anyone with me on this?

Jaclyn NM
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
When I was extremely young (maybe 5 or 6 ), I remember being facinated with my mom's high heel shoes, and I woundered what it would be like to walk in them. Well, I soon found out, because at every opportunity, I would put a pair on and walk around in them. And then a some point, I decided to try on her garter and stockings along with the heels, and it was instant ecstacy. As I grew older, my desire to dress in womens clothing only grew stronger, and I have no regrets. It's a part of me, I love it, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

ChanDelle
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I guess I'm sort of an oddball as I think I started by playing with my mom's jewelry at about 3 to 4 years old. I loved putting on her earrings (clip and screw ons) and necklaces. Especially the heavy earrings. Back in the 50s, very few women had pierced ears. It wasn't until much later that I tried other items, but I do believe it was jewelry (mainly earrings) that got me going.

Of course when I first saw a woman with pierced ears, I was absolutely fascinated and thereafter wanted pierced ears myself.

ChanDelle

Toni_Lynn
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
[SIZE="3"]For me, 4th grade boys' beauty pageant at school. I won that sucker too. We dressed as girls that morning at school, wigs, dresses, the whole works, and we kept our outfits on all day

:cool: Oooooh! I am so green with envy! Oh how I wish that my grade school would have done something like this!

It seems that there are so many beginning points for me, like beginning of chapters in a book. I don't recall if I told about this before, but in grade school, grade 3 I think, I began playing trumpet. While the second level students had their instruction, we beginners were left to mess about. The boys all went out into the school yard for some rough-housing, and I did what I usually did, which was stay to myself and read. I had to pee, so I went up to the second level from the cafeteria, where we rehearsed. No one was around, and there it was .. the girl's restroom! It took less that a second for me to decide to used that restroom instead of the boy's facilities. I remember being nervous yet all smiles about the step that I had taken. That was the first 'gender' thing that I remember doing, and I knew then and there that I'd much rather be a girl.

I further remember going to a circus with my dad a year later and asking 'if there was a magician could I volunteer to help him in trick', in the hope that he would turn me into a girl.

Hi
their old shoes! I wore their panties, tights, vests and training bras, and pantyhose. I wore almost everything of theirs that I could and by age 9 or 10 I was one of the best dressed little CDrs you could ever meet.

:cool: Again total envy! My sister was too young, so I had to buy my own training bras. That remains one of my fondest memories -- buying my first Teencharm training bra in 1971 at age 13. I oft wonder if I was the only boy back then who had his own Teencharm and Teenform training bras. It amazed a woman that I know who is working in a history of the training bra that I actually owned a Teenform Pretty Please, and that I have fond memories of it -- as fond as those of any other girl, GG if you will.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Lidia_tv
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
How about making Bev06_GG an honorary Crossdresser, anyone with me on this?

I second the motion :thumbsup:

CD Susan
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
It all started for me at the age of 5 when I started kindergarten. There was a girl in my class that would sometimes where a frilly yellow dress. Oh how I loved looking at her in that yellow dress. I remember asking my Mom if I could wear a pretty dress like that. She told me no and explained that boys do not wear dresses. I could not understand this and this is when I started being curious about girls clothes. I had 3 sisters and secretly started wearing thier clothes. That was 55 years ago and the desire to dress up has never gone away.

Clarissa Stevens
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
There were so many signs and signals I received as a child all pointing towards my obvious obsession with the feminine form, from my pencil renderings of models in lingerie, my collection of special items IE clothing accessories ,perfumes , magazines anything that hinted femininity I treasured. One particular incident which stands out from childhood was a beautiful summer day when no one was home. I came out of the shower with one towel wrapped tightly around my touche the other wrapped around my head the way I had seen women in the movies do ,,,the
little wiggle walk came natural and I felt totally wonderful . I was completely aware of the gift and thrilled at the same time, I'm thinking I was between 10 & 12 yo.
I lived not far fom NYC and by time I was 16 I personally adopted the streets as my own parade ground the rest is history or should I say "herstory"
anyway i enjoyed sharing this with you all hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

You know, I love this site. Also this thread. This brings back so many memories of things I used to do. I just couldn't remember. I remember taking a shower and exiting with a towel wrapped around me from my armpits down and one on my hair. just like mom. THANK YOU WHITELACE FOR BRINGING BACK THIS WONDERFUL CHILDHOOD MEMORY. My mom was very open with her nudity around the house. I even tried to wash my "pears" in the same fashion as she washed her "peaches".

My parents used to play bingo. Guaranteed house to myself from 6pm-10pm. If they went to canada, near midnight before they returned. In high school I decided to shave my legs one night. They maybe got the car into the street and I was in the tube. HAHA. I only got up to my knee when I figured that I needed some clippers, they we didn't own. I wanted to continue to keep them shaved but didn't. I really felt ashamed, and didn't have this support network for help.

If we had the internet 20 years ago, I would have had a different life. I would have become 95% woman!!! With shopping, Friends, and that would have been it!!!!

Claire:daydreaming:

Bridgette T
08-08-2008, 10:25 AM
The first thing I ever remember wearing was a pair of my cousin's panties. She is about 6 months older than I am, and she and I wanted to take a bath together when we were about 4 or 5. My aunt made both of us wear panties in the tub, to cover our privates. I think that was what lit the very long crossdressing fuse.

In third grade, I dressed as Robin Hood for halloween, and of course wore green tights. I proceeded to wear them all winter long. My parents questioned it once they found out, and the tights simply disappeared.

Fast forward a few more years, and it was into mom's makeup and such...

renee k
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Well for me it was my mom's shoes. She'd let me try on her new heels. Then there was Halloween when she and her sister and some friends of her's dressed me as a girl. That plus frequent visits to her closet was all I needed to be hooked.

Huggs, Renee

victoriamwilliams1
08-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I was the dressing stand in for my cousin at the time we where the same height and when she got a new dress I would be the one to stand in for the fitting since she did not stay with us.

Michelle_in_tights
08-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I started by trying on my sisters knickers at 12 and getting a big rush. Quickly discoved my mums tights were a real turn on and there was no turning back. Funnily enough I've never been into knickers since!

PaulaPts
08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
For me probably at birth. I cannot ever remember not wanting to be a woman. I tried to deny it in college, overcompensating and all. But I always had the feelings. After years of denial I finally realized that deep down I'm a woman.

curse within
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't really remember a beggining, I am not saying there wasn't one of course there was. I do recall a lot of times as a small boy maybe 4-5 years old haveing urges to wear my little sisters clothing. I recall when I did I wasn't smart enough to know it wasn't right for a boy to do that and my mom would catch me. I guess at the time I didn't know I was doing anything wrong but I now remember my step father later forceing me to wear my sisters clothes as punishment for haveing worn them earlier that day, he would make me stay outside in the front yard so all can see me.

Genifer Teal
08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
It is all about the shoes. I was so intrigued how women could walk in such impossibly high heels, I had to find out for myself. I quickly mastered them. Walking around the house didn't do it for me. I wanted to go places in them and wear them all nite. I was more comfortable doing this enfemme. It helped that I was also fascinately by female impersonators. How could a man look so convincingly like a woman. Now I love the attention I get when I am out.

Gen

Celeste
08-13-2008, 09:44 PM
For me it started when I would stay home on sick days,I was about 14 or 15.Having the whole day to be alone was great.At first it was just a bit of make up and one of my mothers wigs and then after seeing the transformation and getting a little buzz going,I would go further each time.I still obtain the very same rush now that I did then,only now I get high on just the cding.

balletboy
08-14-2008, 10:20 AM
For me it was tights.I was a child when women and girls started abadoning stockings and suspenders in favour of tights and pantyhose.For an aroused bly it was far easier to try on a pair of my older sister's tights than to struggle with a girdle and stockings.Besides it was possible for boys to openly wear tights if they attended ballet classes whereas I couldn't think of any circumstances where a boy could openly wear stockings.From secretly trying on my sister's tights I soon progressed to persuading my mother to send me to ballet classes (not as difficult as I had imagined) and soon I was able to wear black tights and a black leotard in a safe suportive environment.Ballet classes resulted in concerts and ballet recitals where I was able to wear very feminine tunics, womens blouses and white tights.Very Very girly and feminine!!

Dragonfly
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Ive never worn feminine clothing before last week. I never considered wearing my sisters or my mothers clothes. The thought never occurred to me.

For me, the trigger was roleplay gaming. Yes, the piece of paper, pencil and silly shaped dice type. Very early on I realised that I was absolute pants at playing male characters - I didnt really understand the male mindset - and instead always focused on playing female characters.

It started to occur to me that I should have been female. I have few 'masculine' mental traits and many more feminine ones. In my fantasies, sexual and otherwise, I imagined myself as female - imagining myself as a male Never satisfied me.

And then I came across anime... (cue collective moans from the more mature audience ;) ). All the girls in anime seem to be so adorable and cute...absolutely perfect in every way. I never liked them as a focus for sexual fantasies, but almost wanted to be like them. But fantasy is as far as that ever went. I still see myself as mentally and empathically feminine or at least androgynous.

Crossdressing only occurred to me last week. I know Im far too fat and ugly for it to be funny anymore, but at least wearing feminine clothing I can feel and expand upon what I consider to be the girly part of my persona. Only a few months ago, even attempting to CD would have been impossible as I lived at home with my physically disabled parents. As much as I hate to lose them, and will always miss them...now I am much more at liberty to try new things. CD is one of those things.

Other than that, I can only say that I stopped growing up at 25 and have been regressing ever since ;)

Cristi
08-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd always been jealous of my two older sisters' dresses and other clothes as far back as I can remember. But (other than being dressed as an old lady for halloween once by my mom when I was about 5) I never acted on it until I was 7 or 8.

My first experience was with pantyhose. I don't think it was really from a desire to crossdress, but more out of curiosity. I'd see women wearing them and wondered what they felt like so stole a pair out of my mother's drawer.

Well, from there my next thought was 'That was fun, but usually when girls where pantyhose, they are also wearing a skirt' so I went off to find on to see what THAT was like. Once I had a skirt, pantyhose and a girl's shirt on, I was hooked. I spent HOURS walking around, sitting, and just watching the skirt move around my legs and feeling how it brushed against my nylon-enclosed legs as I walked or sat.

After that very beginning, I moved on to opaque tights and more skirts/dresses. I was very fortunate to have two older sisters, plus my bedroom had private access to the attic, where ALL the old clothes (or out of season things) were stored in plastic bags. I was able to spend hours digging through the bags finding treasures such as school uniform skirts and jumpers, denim skirts, body suits, outgrown bras, garter belts (this was the early 70s) and even fancy party dresses. I even found a ballet 'tutu' from when one of my sisters had been taking dance lessons :D and polyester waitress dresses from a howard johnson's restaurant from when one of my sisters had an after-school job there.

One of the saddest times of my life was when I finally outgrew my sisters' wardrobe but still didn't have the confidence to buy my own things.

It took years for me to move from just skirts and tights to dressing fully... for some reason, I didn't really have any desire to wear a bra, forms, makeup or jewelry until decades later.