PDA

View Full Version : I am so conflicted

PrettyGiGi
08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I want to be a girl. I AM a girl. Society will not accept that though. I am so frustrated.

Jenna Lynne
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I want to be a girl. I AM a girl. Society will not accept that though. I am so frustrated.
Some portions of society will not accept it. Other portions will accept it very gracefully. "Society" is not a monolithic entity (though it may seem that way at times).

How about reframing it like this: "I want to be a girl. I AM a girl. The bullies will not accept that though. I am so scared of the bullies."

Does that help put it in perspective?

It's certainly true for me that some bullying when I was in high school made the whole process of coming to terms with my gender identity much, much harder. I too looked at it as "society" for a very long time.

What makes the bullies crazy is when you refuse to be bullied! Stand up for yourself! Spit in the bullies' eyes!

***Jenna Lynne***

Ásfríðr
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
sokay though, theres pockets, put yer hands in. theres certainly a substantial pillar of society that will remain rigid in its damned ignorance! - breathe - but there are plenty of decent folk. its too horrid to think of everyone as the same sort of cretin, and easy too, but people surprise you. often
x

trannie T
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Look around this site there are many success stories here.

emmicd
08-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Dear GiGi

I bet you are pretty!

Try not to be so hard on yourself. You are not alone. There are many others here who feel the same way you do. You need to evaluate your situation and also be true to yourself. You also need to seek some form of counseling and evaluation on the scope of your gender issues. there are many content crossdressers who marry and raise families and for the most part live normal lives. There are various degrees of Transgender. You need to see where you feel you are. If you suffer from Gender dysphoria then there are a lot more considerations you need to be aware of. If you truly feel you are a girl you really need to seek medical counseling and support groups to find others experiencing what you are. You need to also integrate your crossdressing to fit your gender so you can find a level of comfort. Typically M-F TG/TS individuals must live full time in the gender they identify more with which naturally is as a woman. You also must seek medical attention which might include HRT and the doctor/therapist you seek must prescribe to the Harry Benjamin standards of care.

This is a long road which may be filled with uncertainty and requires a lot of dedication, courage, love and support.

Those who are truly TS feel they have no choice.

You must do a lot of soul searching in the process and realize it is ok to have these feelings.

Good luck to you as you find your way. We are all trying to find our way.

emmi

Bev06 GG
08-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Hi GiGi,
To be honest with you if you are TS then the acceptance level goes up rapidly. Most of society can sympathise with someone who feels trapped in the wrong body. The people who get the least sympathy are the CDs and that is down to lack of understanding. Whilst most people would sympathise with a TS and atleast try to understand their predicament, they just dont get the CD perspective and tend to think that they are all perverts.

Whatever your situation though GiGi try not to get frustrated girl. There are lots of minority groups who suffer discrimination for one reason or another, you just have to get your strength from your own community so that you can hold your head up outside of it.

I am a practicing Christian and you wouldn't believe the flack I get from time to time. I dont try and force my beliefs on any one but if I'm asked I will share them. I have to say in one of my jobs a few years ago I came up against pure hate, so much so that had to leave in the end because I couldn't bear to face the perpetrators any more. That was a few years ago and I doubt if I would run away now because as a consequence of it I am a much stronger person in myself.

Chin up GiGi and be proud of who you are and let those who are too narrow minded to understand get on with their lives. They deserve our pity more than anything else because one day they might just have to face their demons on a personal level and that will knock them for six.
Take care
Bev