PDA

View Full Version : A tg/cd obcession with 50's style pinups?

Michaela
08-04-2008, 11:46 PM
is this something that is common or is it just TommiTN and myself :)

there is an almost sweet and cute sexiness in the genre of art and be it rockabilly chicks with their thick bangs and ponytail or the big beautiful smile on a woman in a skimpy dress at the bar... there is something special about the old pinup look :daydreaming:

I wish I could be that pretty... and I know that no matter how far I go I will never be that pretty (which I know many GG's do as well) but something about it... I just idolize the whole imagery of it all :c9:

is that just me? or do other girls feel attached to the style of visual art as well?

docrobbysherry
08-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I often try to capture the 40's and 50's looks of the classic screen beauties of those times. Growing up, I thot they were SO beautiful!

However, I'm clueless as to what rockabilly is. I never watched He Haw. Lol.

justmetoo
08-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't call it an obsession, but I do like pin-up art, too. Bud Plant Books sells a good variety of pin-up books, past and present. :daydreaming:

yms
08-05-2008, 05:36 AM
How could you not love this stuff!

Personally, nudity to me is boring (duh), so the pinup artists of the forties and fifties appeal to me because of their attention to fashion and clothing.

I've used quite a bit on my web site for that reason.

http://www.yvonnesplace.net/yvonne/makeup.jpg

stevie b
08-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Just love the style and artwork, Wish I could have the look, so femmine and sexy.
xx

brandic
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
If I could be made into such a creature, I would give up almost anything.

CowGurl Rachel
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I am really drawn to the pinup girls as well. When I start getting some $$ coming in, all of it will be going to pinupgirlclothing.com!:heehee:

Rachel

Deelite
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep count me in, i love Elvgren artwork, and i have a slightly small crush on Dita Von Teese (who does'ent!) also lets not forget the original Betty Page too.

The reason i love it so much, is because the look is so feminine, it kind of encapsulates how we all feel, and want to look.

Luckily a lot of current fashion is being inspired by 40's and 50's design and we can take advantage of that in the shops!

I have for a long time wanted a tattoo and its a Elvgren i want, but its finding the artist who can do it justice!

phoebe61
08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I 2 LOVE THE 50,S / ROCKABILLY LOOK THE PENCIL SKIRTS AND THE FULL SKIRTS PONITAILS OR MARILYN MONROE HAIRSTYLES
PS DOCROBBYSHERRY ROCKABILLY IS VERY EARLY RAUCOUS FORM OF EARLY ROCK N ROLL OF THE 1950,S
LIKE A MIXTURE OF ROCK N ROLL WITH HILLBILLY
DONNA:battingeyelashes:

Annora
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Newby here. Well... at least to the forum. First post on any type of CD community forum. SO... be gentle. Just Kidding. I have been wanting to communicate with other CD's for a long time...

I AM obcessed with 50's pinup style rather... but I love the pinups too!

It is really the only look I work for... constantly on pinupgirl.com, modemerr.com, etc.

I too wish I could be that beautiful... on occasion.

TommiTN
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Yep count me in, i love Elvgren artwork, and i have a slightly small crush on Dita Von Teese (who does'ent!) also lets not forget the original Betty Page too.

The reason i love it so much, is because the look is so feminine, it kind of encapsulates how we all feel, and want to look.

Luckily a lot of current fashion is being inspired by 40's and 50's design and we can take advantage of that in the shops!

I have for a long time wanted a tattoo and its a Elvgren i want, but its finding the artist who can do it justice!

Deelite, you have hit the nail on the head! The styles depicted are so much more feminine than what we have seen GGs wearing in recent years. It is very refreshing to note the current "retro" trend in women's fashions. I feel validated! I have often conjectured that a distinct lack of femininity in modern women, particularly American women, has had a direct effect on men and may be instrumental in the seemingly growing numbers of male CDers (not that that's a bad thing). Nature abhors a vacuum in all things. Are some of us unconsciously compensating by filling our own lives with the feminine? I suspect that possibility may be partially instrumental in my own fem life. I long for the sight of a well turned out, feminine, woman! Where I live they are few and far between.

Michaela
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
However, I'm clueless as to what rockabilly is. I never watched He Haw. Lol.

to understand what rockabilly is... think of the hard rock cafe, classic old chevy's, music that takes up all the best pieces of american music in the 50s, girls with short bangs and high ponytails in tight pedal-pushers (capri's, only perhaps a bit shorter) or sundresses, greasers....

now a days rockabilly is a term used to describe in a word much more efficient than retro ever could how that style, and music has come back.

Psychobilly is actually a proper derivative name for the culture and music now, but I kinda twinge that they call it that... never liked the name for some reason :p