PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

Michaela
08-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I am asking this in the M2F section, but if any F2Ms wanna get in on the action I would love to hear stories!

anyway, so the question is...

How did you get your name?

For me, I went through a couple of names until I started visiting a baby-names site and found that Michaela was a popular name which instantly brought me back to remembering being a teen when this girl who was a friend of my sister that I had the hugest crush on has the name of Michaela... for the longest time I thought her name was "Kayla" and that people were claiming some sort of ownership of her (emotionally or otherwise) until after a while I realized that was her actual name... my-kayla... I thought "omg what a great name" and when I saw it again I concurred...

while I gave my brain the illusion that I was still looking for other names to pretend to myself that it wasnt over my infatuation of this woman.... I eventually let in to the fact that I was equally infatuated with the name and just had to have it for my own :daydreaming:

I have stuck with it sense... the only alternative is sometimes I introduce myself, or refer to myself as "Kayla" because I think it is a proper short version of my name :)

so what's your story behind your name?

(gg's and other SO's if you wanna share a story about your SO or on other names you would like to have yourself that would be great! I dont want to leave anyone out :D )

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
When I first started CDing, my wife helped come up with my femme name. I didn't want to do a take of from my guy name, I wanted something sexy and girly. So we came up with "Felicity" and I love it.

Felicity :)