PDA

View Full Version : I spotted a crossdresser!

cdsteph
08-06-2008, 07:07 AM
I was at a liquor store a couple of days ago and noticed a quite lovely lady in the next lineup.
I had been thinking to myself how much fun it would be to shop for a bottle en femme, or I probably would not have noticed this lady's adams apple.

Wow! She passed with flying colours!

She also noticed my gaze, and knowing that uncomfortable feeling of being 'made', I smiled and gave her a 'thumbs up', ...and could see the look of relief and appreciation on her face.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

TommiTN
08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Not yet, owing to where I live, but my CDar is always on... When I finally do spot a sister I will also give her a big :thumbsup:!

Jamie S.
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I work at an italian restaurant. Two different CD's have come in within the last few months.

Carroll
08-06-2008, 07:36 AM
yep. I was at a Halloween party and notice one. I said she looked great and she said thanks, but I am a guy. I told her that I kind of figured and that it was nothing that stood out, just something one CD to another would notice, like some of the little tricks we use to hide the "apple", and make up. She looked at me and asked way I was not dressed and I told he what had happened the last time I went to a gig dressed ( That story is here (http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43609))

Sandra
08-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Have you ever thought that that particular person might not want the :thumbsup: from any one? she might just want to go on about her business and not have people showing her that she's been noticed. Just think how you would feel if this happened to you.

TommiTN
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Have you ever thought that that particular person might not want the :thumbsup: from any one? she might just want to go on about her business and not have people showing her that she's been noticed. Just think how you would feel if this happened to you.

I'd be ecstatic to receive positive feedback from another CDer, or anyone else for that matter as long as it is discrete. A smile and thumbs up falls into the "discrete" category. Many of us need a little reinforcement from a sister, or even from someone who is only an "admirer" (as long as it doesn't turn into an unwanted hit).

TxKimberly
08-06-2008, 08:12 AM

I understand where your coming from on this, but personally, I'd be delighted if another CD were to say something to me when I'm out and about.

TracyH
08-06-2008, 08:16 AM
What if it was just a lady with a big adam's apple?

valenstein
08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I do a lot of thrift shopping, and I see a dressed CD about every third time I go. A tgirl/CD gave me a long look the other day (I usually wear women's clothes out, but mostly jeans and tees). I wouldn't mind a small thumbs up from another if I were out fully dressed, I think we can spot each other better than the general public, plus I'm an Amazon, so I stick out in the ladies department.

I would also add that I would not have "made" the last gal I saw if she didn't have stockings on, she was dressed up just a wee bit much for thrift shopping. Would it be more odd if two people in drab crossed each other's paths? I see some guys shopping with their wives, but I've passed a lot of other guys that looked like they were there for the same reason I was. They have the same look on their face that I used to have (please please nobody come within 30 feet of me and gawd I hope there's a free dressing room that's not locked). I'm always wondering how many more of us there are out there that what reports say, I'm sure it's a lot higher.

Diane Elizabeth
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I have seen one come through where I work. "She" was about 6-6 tight stretch pants. Nice looking face. She moved her head so I didn't get to see her "apple". I noticed she got out like a man. The guys I work with were making nasty remarks about her so I slinked away from the conversation. Didn't want to say anything that might cause problems.

Shannen
08-06-2008, 08:48 AM
We all wish to be treated in a "normal"... which for me means that other people look at me, and interact normally. Quickly looking "away" or pretending not to see me is not normal...

We certainly don't want someone to yell across the store to us, but a discreet sign is nice!

:hugs:

Sasha Anne Meadows
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I spotted a t girl once at a little restaurant across from the campus. She was nicely and appropriatly dressed but she seemed extremely nervous when she ordered something to go. I think I was the only person in the place who read her and I think one cd can tell another t girl more easily than the general publlic (unless the cd is dressed outrageously).

Nadia-Maria
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
I spotted one a few months ago in a public park in Swiss. She was neither well dressed nor well at ease, but if I had not been a CDer I would probably not had a look at her. Other people did not seem to notice her. At first I wanted to tell her "hello from another CDer" , but I thought she would have better being not read by someone and said nothing.

Hugs

Nadia

karynspanties
08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Personally, I love when someone says I look good. I have been on both ends of the stick, being laughed and pointed at and smiled at and told I look nice. I much rather the latter. I don't think too many of us gurlz would find it offensive if someone complimented us.

jenniferj
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
My thought is that it is very possible to acknowledge that another person looks nice (or that you appreciate the effort she has made to try to look nice) without indicating that she has been read. Brief eye contact and a small ("it's nice to see you") smile, always make my day.

-jj

joank
08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
As with most replies, I would like positive recognition. I have had SA's talk to me (about rings and such or items being purchased) and have had to give directions once and seem to be okay

CD Susan
08-06-2008, 12:19 PM
If I spotted someone I thought was a fellow cd I would not let her know that I read her. I would smile and say 'you look very nice'. If she was not a cd this would not insult her and if she was a cd then this comment would not let her know that she was read.

Mitch23
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
a difficult decision i think. If the person was scurrying around looking nervous and furtive she probably wouldnt welcome. but if she is strutting her stuff with confidence then a smile or gesture might not go amiss. i would certainly welcome it

mitch

Kimberly Marie Kelly
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I know that I'm not the most passable due to my size etc. and if another CD'er spotted me I would appreciate a friendly hello and compliment from them. It would boster my confidence with other people. So if you see me in the Allentown Area, please say hello. :battingeyelashes: Kim

_Sarah_
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
i've as of yet not been out dressed...waiting for that one.

but i have spotted a CD in my town. nice bloke.

valenstein
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
A lot of different answers. Also, if you are not dressed and motioned to someone who is, they may get the impression you are an admirer (which may or may not be wanted), or an employee (which may or may not be wanted).

I see three simple answers:

1) Do nothing and treat them like any other person.

2) A very brief genuine smile and go about your business. No indication as to whether or not you "made" them, just pleasantries as you would if you walked by anyone else if your eyes happened to meet.

3) If you are both in the women's section and you're comfy shopping, hold up a skirt or top in front of you, mentally trying it on, maybe she will engage you if she's comfortable with it.

victoriamwilliams1
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM

You know what I have been noticing this allot and I know the women are GG's now I would not say big but noticeable at certain angles. Does this mean we have a new myth to bust?

valenstein
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I forgot the most important one:

4) If you see her reaching for the gorgeous cocktail dress you were eyeing, fight her for it. She'll get the hint. :)

darla_g
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Well put Ivy, I see people occasionally that are crossdressed. i just try and be friendly if i do talk and not make any kind of a big deal about it. Good for them!

renee k
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
My thought is that it is very possible to acknowledge that another person looks nice (or that you appreciate the effort she has made to try to look nice) without indicating that she has been read. Brief eye contact and a small ("it's nice to see you") smile, always make my day.

-jj

That's the way I would handle the situation too, and I've been on the receiving end those("it's nice to see you") smiles. They have certainly made my day, along with the "I like your suit" compliments.

Huggs, Renee

~Seana~
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I've read a few Cd's . once I was on a bus with one. She sat in the priority seating and I was getting on with my kids . I smiled accross but I dont know if she ever noticed.
The oher day I was thrift shopping and was looking at shoes ( I desperately need strappys!) and saw anoter gentleman..with shaved arms perusing the same sizes. Sigh.

Ahh to be read by a Dominant man with rope:)

Amanda

Kimmie
08-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I'd image that most gg's like sincere compliments from strangers. If a fellow CD complimented me. I'd appreciate it as a reaffirmation of the sisterhood.

Nicole Erin
08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I would not mind if another CD that I didn't already know greeted me.

I forgot the most important one:

4) If you see her reaching for the gorgeous cocktail dress you were eyeing, fight her for it. She'll get the hint. :)

Does that mean duke it out like men? :heehee:

lisalove
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I saw another Cd once while shopping at a local thrift store. I wasn't fully dressed, just my usual women's casual clothes. I watched her for a bit while I was looking at things. She looked my way once, and I smiled at her. She was very nervous, and made no attempt to acknoledge that I smiled at her, so I left it at that.
Later on she was looking ar dresses on the back wall, she had her picks on top of the rack directly across from her. The isle was kind of narow, and I tried pass between her and her picks, I advertanly knocked some of her picks off the rack and they fell to the floor. I stopped and picked them up, put them back where they were. You could see the horror in her face. I smiled and said I'm sorry, and that she had great taste in clothes. She just looked at me, so I said goodbye and left her alone. Not even 5 minutes passed, she was at the register and left real quick. I felt real bad making her even more nervous and cutting her shopping trip short.

Rachel Morley
08-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow! She passed with flying colours! ........... I smiled and gave her a 'thumbs up', ...and could see the look of relief and appreciation on her face.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

A similar experience as you reading her, or as her getting a "thumbs up" ? :D

I gotta be honest, out and about in the general (non TG) public domain (where I live anyway) I have never ever seen another sister (I guess they pass too good :D) or that wherever they are I apparently am not. In the case of someone reading me and giving me a "thumbs up" that's never happened to me either :sad: (yet).

My wife Marla says to me that she is always so bummed that she never seems to meet CDers out and about en femme in public. She always laments to me that she has only ever seen one CDer "out" except for our River City Gems (http://www.rivercitygems.org/) friends.

Nicki B
08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow! She passed with flying colours!

Well... If you read her, she obviously didn't? But, did you consider that many genetic women have prominent adam's apples?

..I'm an Amazon, so I stick out in the ladies department.

Show off... :D

Jonianne
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I've often thought about this and wondered how to handle this. Many of the posts so far indicate that they would love to have someone give them a thumbs up - so would I.

But some have also given examples of nervous CD'ers who made a quick exit. I think the safe thing would be just to give a nice smile, but depending on the situation, I would hope to be able to share a little more with them.

Hey, what is the secret CD handshake????

I knew a gg who definatly had a male size adams apple. She was a young mother of two children. So, that is not always a sign.

Farrah
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I saw a crossdresser in the mall the other day. If my children weren't with me, I would have spoken to her.

Empress Lainie
08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
You know what I have been noticing this allot and I know the women are GG's now I would not say big but noticeable at certain angles. Does this mean we have a new myth to bust?

And this woman is a GM and does not have one,(adams apple)