PDA

View Full Version : Retail *****

Ophelia D'Void
05-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok ok, under the pretense of modeling, I'll go ahead and be my blue-headed self and just share some pics that my SO took of me last night. Must be the inner narcissist in me.

And to give credit where credit's due:

Thanks to Ayla for spending 3 hours trying to figure out how to erase my eyebrows (I think she did a pretty awesome job), as well as helping with my foundation and liner.

The hair falls were an awesome deal ($30) from Miaz [GGrinner680@aol.com]. Great person... if you decide to ask for some custom falls, tell'er Andy sent you.

Boots are the Electra line by Pleaser/Demonia (mayashoes.com)

Make up is a hodgepodge of different stuff, but gotta love that Manic Panic lipstick.

And the fishnet top and dress are Lip Service.

Hope no one goes blind from this thread...

Wendy me
05-20-2005, 08:12 PM
nice pics. and i can still see...

StephanieCD
05-20-2005, 08:21 PM
WOW. Great look - seriously. I love that look and I'd probably triple take if you walked down the road. For real.

Now - tell Ayla she did a wonderful job on your brows... and then tell me how she did it. I've been trying to acheive that effect without actually removing my real ones for a while - advice?

Seriously though - great look - the boots work, by the way. I thought about getting some like that but my fear would be that in my size they'd just look like huge guy boots... look pretty on you though.

Holly
05-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Ophelia,

Very stylish! ~) You get an "A" in shopping!

ronni
05-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh, my!
That is so cool, but it looks like you could use some company.
Am I right?

Ophelia D'Void
05-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Glad to see that the look works, without any adverse side effects :)

Actually I had the best company of all at the time... my SO (such a sweet gal, and talented with the makeup too)

Oh, in response to your query Stephanie:

The eyebrows are done with Ben Nye Nose and Scar Wax (although I'm told that Kryolan Plastic works better), and some spirit gum. First apply gum to the brows liberally, and smooth them flat against your face with a popsicle stick. Then take a bit of the wax, warm until it's pretty gooey, and then just smear it over to get rid of the gaps in your hair at your brows. The whole thing is covered with gobs and gobs of foundation to match the rest of your face, then brows are drawn on with eyebrow wax color (I think Ayla got it from Sephora). I've used pencil before on the brows, but the wax gets so soft that the pencil cuts in and your natural brows pop out like switch blades.

In regards to the boots, I wear a size 13 women's (size 10 1/2 men's), and the trick is that the higher the heel, the smaller it makes your feet look (not counting platforms). My boots have a 5 1/2" heel, with a 1/2" platform front, and all in all it makes the feet look less clowny. However, the down side is that it makes you tower (I stand 5'11", so I think my in-heel height would be about 6'5" including wig).

Ciao

ronni
05-20-2005, 08:48 PM
You chicks are full of knowledge and advice, I'll give you that

StephanieCD
05-20-2005, 09:55 PM
That procedure on the eyebrows sounds like something George Lucas has a copyright on... might want to make sure your lady knows what she's doing or stormtroopers are going to come and spank you both.

Kidding aside - she is VERY good at making that wax and gum crap look pretty. Or is it your face? I can't even get the hang of eyeliner... it'll be a while before I grab the spirit gum - if I can even FIND that stuff.

You're both lucky. Good for you.

Tristen Cox
05-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Eyebrows look fantastic. And I know what you mean about those boots. I've the same pair but in red and unexpectedly comfortable though.

Tina P Hose
05-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Nice photos, perhaps one day I can look as pretty as you. Love you choice of pantyhose.

Deelite
05-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Ophelia

You look beautiful!

Love the boots, i have some thigh highs made by Demonia.

Luv Dee.