PDA

View Full Version : Photo IDs

Sandra Dunn
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I have a state issue photo ID with me in Sandra mode. The name and all the other info. is for the boy side of me, still the photo is of Sandra. I have used this several times with no problems even writing checks.

Jenna Lynne
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
What state? Did you acquire it legally? If so, how did you do it?

***Jenna Lynne***

(whose driver's license photo is not cute at all!)

KandisTX
08-06-2008, 02:52 PM
(whose driver's license photo is not cute at all!)

The reason your driver's license photo looks the way it does is so that when the police officer pulls you over at 2:00 in the morning, you actually resemble the photo. ;) ~giggles~

Many states will allow you to get an ID card, not a license, with a femme picture on it, they will NOT however allow you to change the sex from M to F or from F to M without proper court documentation.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Niya W
08-06-2008, 03:07 PM
The reason your driver's license photo looks the way it does is so that when the police officer pulls you over at 2:00 in the morning, you actually resemble the photo. ;) ~giggles~

Many states will allow you to get an ID card, not a license, with a femme picture on it, they will NOT however allow you to change the sex from M to F or from F to M without proper court documentation.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Um in California they dont care If you show up dress as women with an M on license .

Funny thing. I found in California when you renew or apply for a new DL they use the last picture you took at the DMV for your DL if you dont take a new picture.

The last picture I took was of me as Niya for my state ID. So when I lost my d DL the replacement they sent me had a picture of me as Niya not as a guy.

Beth785
08-06-2008, 03:39 PM
This depends upon the state you live in. Kansas does not allow you to get both an id card and a drivers license.

jennifer41356
08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
In Texas you can get one, I got one years ago, still got it and went to the DL place and the woman wasnt sure and took me to a room where an officer was on duty, I told him why i wanted it , he looked at me and said"no Problem":)

Sandra Dunn
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Texas and yes it is legal. I went to the DPS office here in Amarillo, filled out the paper work, got my pic taken, paid for it($5 I think) and recieved it in the mail about 3 weeks I think.

Niya W
08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
The real ID act will out law having booth

Sally24
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I have both a drivers liscence in boy mode and a state id in girl mode. Just renewed my drivers so that is the last picture they took and what would show up on the computers from a check. There are approx. 8 states that allow you to have both.

And yes, Real ID would outlaw states allowing you to have both IDs at the same time. Another reason why my state and a number of others are fighting the implimentation of Real ID from the feds.

Kathrynn
08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I just goy my I.D. yesterday. Oklahoma allowed me to get a D/L in drab mode, and an I.D. in girl mode. Although the name has to be my given name. As others have said, only way to have Kathrynn's name in the I.D. is to have a court order.

Niya W
08-06-2008, 05:54 PM
I have both a drivers liscence in boy mode and a state id in girl mode. Just renewed my drivers so that is the last picture they took and what would show up on the computers from a check. There are approx. 8 states that allow you to have both.

And yes, Real ID would outlaw states allowing you to have both IDs at the same time. Another reason why my state and a number of others are fighting the implimentation of Real ID from the feds.
If a state fails to implement the real ID act you cant use thats states DL/State ID to board a plane

Sally24
08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
If a state fails to implement the real ID act you cant use thats states DL/State ID to board a plane
If enough states refuse they really can't enforce the law. They keep pushing back the date because so many states are not going along with it. I also have a US Passport issued by the feds so I'm not worried in any case.

Niya W
08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
What they will do if enough states balk, is revoke federal funding for the roads. Thats what the did to Louisiana when they lowered the drinking age.