PDA

View Full Version : Crossroad opportunity, Or Just another bad decision.

Mariah
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I in a stupid move quit my job. I felt horrid doing the job, it was both physically painful and emotionally/mentally painful job. I quit for a stupid reason the dispatcher said something that annoyed me. It was just the icing on the top so to speak. The Work trucks are in Horrible disrepair, and the mechanics don't do there job. They are not even properly equipped anyway. They don't even give you what you need to do the work. No gas money, no money for hotel's, etc. I hate the job.

Now I'm without a job, without money, and without my car. I'm going back to school, it is a online school. So I don't have to worry where I live to go, as long as I have my lappy and internet connection.

I don't have a home (in between places at my parents house as of right now) and I have vary little stuff. I'm going to get my car back from my brother next week. so family ties aren't a problem :doh:.

So I'm in the perfect place to move and find a job elsewhere, that is better for transitioning and over all living. Or did I just destroy chance of doing anything better? I really thing I should move from here to another place but like where? As much traveling I have done. I have not really had time to investigate TG friendly towns and area's.

Also I need a place I can get to cheaply. mainly on what I get on financial Aid or my parents loan/give me. I could stay here and live on Welfare until a job opens up that I can do. (I work on computers, A/V stuff and I am a artiest of shorts I've ran and owned my own company too)

I don't know where I should go. but I'm hopefully be on medicaid. Else I don't have insurance. So I I I just don't know where I was going with that...

Mariah

Teresa Amina
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
There is a real charge in quitting a job, Johnny Paycheck and Take this job and shove it! ringing in your ears. Did it a lot when in my 20s. I quit the last one (barely over min wage) in preparation for transition, actually, but I had funds and sellable assets (the only good thing in being 50- you accumulate options).
My research shows that trans-friendly towns are expensive towns for the most part, though you can get nearby for a moderate price.
Find a roommate, someone else trans who you can split the bills with. Works great for Amber and me. Tough to find though, but you are free to go wherever. Check Craigslist for possibilities, you never know.