PDA

View Full Version : Muscle tissue reduction progress

Steph Butterfield
08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
For a long time I had convinced myself that I was not experiencing any muscle tissue reduction. Well today I entertained a girl at the very beginning of her transition. I showed her the mini film I did for local BBC in October 2006 for a series called Inside Out.

I now relise the benefit of doing this film, as it is a record of how I looked in every way at that time in my transition. My muscle tissue was very very bulky and masculine, when I looked at myself in the tall mirror, and did a comparison, and my arms are no longer muscular in look at all.

I now know why I thought I was not getting any reduction of muscle tissue, its because you look in the mirror virtually everyday, so you don't neccesarily notice day by day.

This shows the value of doing the film as it is a great way of comparing myself against the image in the film, so long as I view the film sparingly.

Stephanie

Ásfríðr
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
how long did it take? some people have said to me, a year, others say more like four! i only ask because i really want to to reduce some of my..well arms basically. you're talking about the effects of hrt right? (just in i missed something lol)

also can we watch yer bbc thingy anywhere?

x

Sara Violet
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Isn't it such a great feeling. I have only been on HRT for 10.5 months and I noticed by chance as well. It's so slow to happen it seems like you need some thing from your past to compare.

Steph Butterfield
08-08-2008, 02:13 AM
how long did it take? some people have said to me, a year, others say more like four! i only ask because i really want to to reduce some of my..well arms basically. you're talking about the effects of hrt right? (just in i missed something lol)

also can we watch yer bbc thingy anywhere?

x

Hi Ásfr*ðr

There are stages of feminization, which include breast growth, reduced muscle tissue, reduced body hair, fat redistribution and softer skin.

It took a year to receive decent breast growth, and so far a further 6 months to see some body hair reduction and musdcle tissue reduction. So far no signs of fat redistribution or softer skin, so I guess that comes later.

Many of my post op friends tell me that it takes between 4-10 years on hormones, to acheive a passable look if you were quite hirsuite at the beginning, which I was.

My anti androgen is important too, supressing my testosterone manufacturing factory allowing the oestrogen to do its job. And of course post op this process speeds up, I am hoping for my GRS in the Spring or Summer 2009.

I'm growing my hair long and undergoing extensive laser treatment to my face and neck too, so I am hopeful that by 2011/12, I will look fairly good.

xx

Stephanie

Empress Lainie
08-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Hi Ásfr*ðr

There are stages of feminization, which include breast growth, reduced muscle tissue, reduced body hair, fat redistribution and softer skin.

It took a year to receive decent breast growth, and so far a further 6 months to see some body hair reduction and musdcle tissue reduction. So far no signs of fat redistribution or softer skin, so I guess that comes later.

Many of my post op friends tell me that it takes between 4-10 years on hormones, to acheive a passable look if you were quite hirsuite at the beginning, which I was.

My anti androgen is important too, supressing my testosterone manufacturing factory allowing the oestrogen to do its job. And of course post op this process speeds up, I am hoping for my GRS in the Spring or Summer 2009.

I'm growing my hair long and undergoing extensive laser treatment to my face and neck too, so I am hopeful that by 2011/12, I will look fairly good.

xx

Stephanie

Thanks for the information Stephanie.