PDA

View Full Version : My journey continues - not exactly as planned!

Sarah...
08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
This evening my SO called from work to let me know that if I wished to dress this evening that that would be ok, as both son and daughter were out all night (daughter knows about Sarah, son does not).

So, I picked out a cute outfit, put on a little makeup and generally made myself as gorgeous as possible ready for my SO to get home. Then there was the usual evening stuff, tidy kitchen , get dinner on, discuss our day, check the forum etc etc.

In the meantime we noticed that our son and his two friends (sons of a very good friend of ours) had made an absolute pig sty of our living room! My SO texted our friend and suggested she give them an absolute roasting for messing up. Our friend elected to bring the three boys down to apologise in person. Due to her quick reaction and because she lives only a mile or so away, they arrived when we were just discussing where I should wait whilst said apologising was going on. I was in the living room when they arrived and tried to get in.

My SO intercepted them and closed the living room door, with me inside. After the boys apologised our friend asked why the sudden exit from the living room and what was going on. Now, I don't expect my SO to lie for me, 'cos I wouldn't do it either. So she told our friend about me.

I was panic stricken and seriously relieved at the same time. Our friend has turned out to be a true friend with oodles of understanding and support. She has offered to be a listening ear for both of us together or either of us alone. She also wanted to know if it meant she could buy me "wicked" things for Christmas! She said she felt honoured to be told, well I felt honoured to have such a good friend for both of us.

So my journey as Sarah continues apace, as it seems to do, in fits and slightly unplanned starts.

Apart from just needing to share with you guys and gals I also wanted to say that you never know what might be around the corner and that sometimes, just sometimes, it's not the bogeyman who is waiting!!

Hugs

Sarah...

Sam-antha
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Honestly you and your SO have done rather well by yourselves. Congrats on the choice of friend.
Bet you were glad to see the door closing that evening in spite of the reasurances.
Slainthe
~Samm

Shelly Preston
08-07-2008, 04:44 PM
You just never know what will happen next

I guess your SO trusts this friend or she would never have told her

gennee
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
This journey is like a great mystery novel. You never know what will happen next.

Gennee

:D

Holly
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
That's pretty cool. Sarah. It seems you both have found a confidant (and the possibility of wicked gifts... my, my)!:battingeyelashes: