PDA

View Full Version : Help me

Strike
07-03-2004, 03:07 PM
I am a 18 year old single stright male, who from a early age has had craves to crossdress. I have only recently reliased that these craves are ones of crossdressing. I have also not told anyone

Problem is I have not got any female clothing, and I can't buy any due to fear of embarrasement and looking stupid when purchasing at town shops. I have also not told anyone about my craves.

I am happy being a guy, but I admit bits of me seem to be femine. I have tried to fight the craves, by trying to keep it out of my mind, but if I do they seem to get stronger. Am I weird Can someone give me advice? Like where I should get clothes? Where Do I Start?

Also even though I am a Christian, I don't consider cross-dressing or Homosexuality to be evil or a sin. Am I the only one here that goes to church?

HELP!

Anyway hello anyone.

Bernadina
07-03-2004, 05:45 PM
First, "sin" is a construct of the church and organized religion. What constitutes a "sin" depends upon which church and which religion. "Sins" are different from organization to organization and are designed to exert control over and extort money from the followers.

And for those who quote the "sin" of being gay or crossdressing from the Bible, remember that for the most part, the Christian Bible (of which there are many versions) is basically the fabrication of the Council of Nicea around 325 AD where a group of the then in power church people got together to decide what the Bible should say. Several subsequent Councils mangled the text even more.

As to how to aquire clothes. Its a bit early yet but one of the safest times for guys to buy ladies stuff is around Halloween. After all, its dress up and party time. You'll find the womens thrift stores full of men looking for their "costumes". And I'm sure that Boots is quite used to men buying lipstick and nail polish as well.

On the other hand, when I'm in the UK I just go into M&S or the Bon Marche etc., and buy the skirts, tights etc I want. No one ever bats an eyelash. I'd love to buy at Harrods too but I can barely affort to buy one of their bags empty.

And yes I attend church as does my wife. However, its a spiritualist church and does not belong to any central authority or get bogged down by the clap trap and dogma of the more orthodox religions. I'm not sure how they would react though if I showed up to chair one Sunday wearing my favourite mauve suit, heels, hair and full makeup.

I'd sure find out how much of the congregations original orthodox religious upbringing was still with them.

Strike
07-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the advice. It is nice to hear I am not alone.

eleventhdr
07-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Hmmm yes religion keeps rearing it's ugly head into everones private lives trying to save them from stuff that is not nay kind of sin to begin with Religion has been a problem like that for a very long time But the true real religion does not strike you down for what you really are it accepts that you are human and have problems to deal with that's what it basically is suppose to be all about not judgeing anyone because they are human nad have problems and it most certainly is not going to judge you for being who and what you really are inside and or out that's simple not the way true reglion really is. All this stuff masqurading as religion to day has nothing wahtsoever to do with what it really is all about If and when ypu want to dress as female there is nothing wrong whatsoever with this all theses sites claming that being a crossdresser is wrong and a sin is nonsense the same as being any other lifestyle if and when that's what you want to call them but belive me if and when you are cd or bi or gay or whateverhave you that very simple is the way it is the way it is supoose to be and any and all who think other wise simple really do not know at all all thses so called experts running around out there analyzing and telling you how and what you should be and think are the real nuts in this world and time and it ahs been tat way alomost from the beginning but simple do not belive any of that nonsense i know it is hard but we must stick together and we will win in the end and be allowed to be who and what we do choose to be that's the way it is supoose to be trsut me as for finding female cloths for yourself there are many sites on the net to help you on your way with this as well there are orgainzations most all over the world now that one can get help from and with so that you can be and feel comfortable being who and as you do choose to be that is what i did at the very beginning whne I found out and discovered i was transgenered crossdresser. And i am so glad I did If and when ypu want more help please do feel free to contact me i will help as best I can Thnak's Suzy Ann my girl name for myself!.

softandsmooth
07-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Hello Strike,

Welcome to the club. Many of us also started to crave feminine clothing at a young age, some as young of 5 or 6. It is not uncommon to keep these desires to yourself. The world can be a harsh place and it can be years before a cross-dresser tells his or her loved ones the he enjoys the clothing of the opposite sex.

Building a clothing collection can be a hard process, especially when you are young. Once you have a collection, you will need to figure out a place to keep it (look on this site - there is another excellent thread on keeping your goodies safe). I know little of the shopping scene in the UK, however, it would likely reduce your anxiety to look a little further afield than the shops in your own small area, unless you can find a shop that caters to crossdressers. It seems like the UK has many shops that do and shopping in an environment that welcomes cross dressers eases much anxiety.

Can any UK members lend Strike a hand with "safe" places to shop?

Fighting the craving? Many, many people at this site will identify with that. I believe it to be very common. I know that I did. Only after several years of cross dressing did I reach a point where I felt at equilibrium. I realize now that being a cross dresser is as much a part of me as is being left-handed. Being a cross dresser and being left handed are both sometimes inconvenient, but I can't change either.

You are not weird. Anxious likely, perhaps scared, but not weird. You share an interest with maybe as many as 2-5% of the adult male population (some reasearch suggests a higher percentage than that). While it is not common, lots of other people have the same interest. In a school of 1000 students, if half are boys, there could be as many as a dozen male crossdressers as well as several female ones. Why, if you formed a club, you would have more members than the Chess club.

You mention that you are straight, and that is fine. Most cross-dressers are straight all the time. Most of the rest are straight most of the time :p However, because of the sometimes sexual nature of crossdressing, it is likely that you will examine and perhaps question your own sexual orientation. If you find yourself becoming overwhelmed with your own thoughts and feelings - seek guidance from a trained counsellor. High schools, clinics, and Univeristies often have free services with trained staff.

I can little to the "evil or sin" thing that Bernadina did not already say. What I will say is that a Christian believes in Christ. I believe John 3:16 expresses the core beliefs of all Christians. We all, I think, interpet that passage the same way. There are many interpetations of the rest of the Bible. Further-more I sayeth not.

I go to Church. I have most of my life.

Final words of advice - take your time, read all you can, ask lots of questions, and learn from the experiences of others

Sorry for going on so long Strike.

Best Wishes,

Charlotte