PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel CDing is hereditary?

curse within
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I heard a story about my dad before my mom and he were divorced that went something like this. My mom caught him with lipstick to his mouth and asked what he was doing he replied by telling her he loved how lipstick tasted and was eating it? What do you think?

Sandra Dunn
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
There is some research that shows that there is a connection in some cases. I try and look into the gay and lesbian research as I do the TG research and have found a lot of similarities. I for instance have an Uncle or should I say an Aunt that is either feminin gay or a TS, I've not seen him for over 15 years and have tried to find him. Not all of us have a family history of GLBT's in the family, that is knoun anyway,I beleive if we could get our families to talk about it we'd find that most of us are not the first in the family.
The old saying "The acorn does not fall, far from the tree".

Angie G
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Just may be something to that. My dad dressed. I never seen him dressed but was told he did. And he never knew I did. I'm Sure He knows how looking down from that happy dressing ground in the sky. :hugs:
Angie

CD Susan
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
I am not sure of this but I think my Dad was a secret cd too. I can remember him always dressing up as a witch on Halloween when I was growing up. I have also seen pictures of him in old family photo albums dressed up as a woman for special occassions like mock weddings and such. This intriques me and think that maybe I inherited this from him. I am no expert on this and am only speculating. I have a son and a grandson too so I wonder if I passed this on to them. Interesting!!

curse within
08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I was thinking the same Susan, I have a son and I wonder about that myself . He has dressed in his G/F clothes before and has a picture to show for it. Recently his G/f broke up with him for reasons he didn't want to share with me. I know my daughters have they xdress in public seems how it is accepted for them LOL (joke)

bah-bah-bobbie
08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I had to do some research for a biology class a few years ago. Since the news was filled with the gay marrige issue and I had heard about science discovering biological causes of it, thats what I went with. In a nut shell scientists have compared the part of the brain that controls sexuality in homo and heterosexual men and women. There are differences in the shape and size of this sector, but not between striaght women and gay men. The same goes for gay women and straight men. So it's feasable that while most of us are heterosexual, that part of our brain has just enough of a female distortion that makes us appreciate finer fabrics. Furthermore, the gene that causes this distortion, if not outright reshaping comes from the father (ususally the one who hates us the most. Go figure.).

I'm curious to see how that sector shape affects the rest of our brain. I took a test titled "Do You Think Like a Man or a Woman" a while ago and by golly the way I can see sublte differences in color, and a few other key things believed to be carried over from our hunter/gatherer anscestors, my mind works like a womans. I can't help but think there is a connection.

curse within
08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
WOW Bobbie, that was some very interesting reading I have never heard of such a test either very good info thanks

TommiTN
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
After my Pop passed early this year my Mom told me she had caught him wearing her panties a few times. I don't know if this was before, during or after I began CDing in my early teens, but I suspect it was before. As I've said in other threads they knew I CD'd and they weren't pleased, to say the least. I believe there may be something to the CDing gene theory.

Heather_Marie
08-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I have not done any studying on the subject at all but I would think it might be very possible that it is hereditary. I once saw a T.V. show that talked about it briefly but I really can not remember what it said but I remember they said they thought it was, but that was talking about being gay not a CD'er.

brina_cd
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Let's see....

Dad: Non-op TS. (hey, ANY surgery @ 72 is risky... much less SRS)
Brother: CD. He works in a very Repubican area, so I convinced him to pull his yahoo profile before he outed himself @ work. Out to his wife though.
Me: Closet CD.

curse within
08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow this is looking to have some truth to the theory, I always wondered could there be a connection somehow in the gene pool.

Jenny J
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I actually have a picture of my dad in a grass skirt and coconut bra. The pic dates before WWII so he could not have been in a production of South Pacific. He wasn't theatrical either.

It's been a mystery to me until this thread. Now I think I know why he was wearing it.

Jen

curse within
08-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I am amazed with the responses next time I see my Dad I am going to look at him in CD way just to see if we are as much father and son as I believe we are. Hell he to could be a member here.

tvbeckytv
08-09-2008, 05:44 AM
i would tend to think a shared enviroment and nurture are somewhat more likely explanations

rustynail
08-11-2008, 03:55 AM
I remember that my Dad certainly loved nylon and constantly bought Mum silky nighties and other underwear. I once found a lingerie catalogue of his. When my brother died, I had to clear his flat and found all sorts of lingerie sites on his computer and a large bag of wome's panties. I have had a life long obsession with the feel of silky nylon - I can't help wondering if I inherited it! I suppose earlier afflicted family members would have liked other forms of silky material.

Amanda.D
08-11-2008, 07:01 AM
I remember being told that it is hereditory, but usually jumps a generation, i.e. grandfather/grandson. My grandson, though still quite young, has shown some CD traits. He is however, 1 boy with 3 sisters and there could easily be an innocent reason. Time will tell.

Mandy

Daintre
08-11-2008, 07:20 AM
I do not think it is hereditary, my father and grandfathers on both sides were all definitely not. I do admit though that myself and my son both like the frills.

maid phylis
08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
as far as i know i am the only one in my family that is a cd.since they all came over from europe and back then no one would have dared to even wear a dress,so i guess its just from me at the get go.:love:

Amanda.D
08-11-2008, 08:21 AM
The thing is, I'm so far in the closet, no one suspects. Who's to say my father or his father were any different. Bear in mind also, that it is more acceptable now than was then and that they never had access to others with the same feelings, such that we do.

Mandy

valenstein
08-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope not, only for the reason that medicine will think it's something they can cure. From what I've read, the fetus defaults to female, it is the hormones released in the womb that makes someone genetically m or f, and male fetuses are three times more likely to have some kind of complication. I believe it is the combination of your genetic makeup, your life experience and simply personal choice. There are way too many gray areas in between to say, "if you have this, then you are this". In my opinion, it's just as bad as saying, "if you have a penis, you are a boy, period".

Addendum: There are so many babies born (and I mean right out of the womb) who do not fit the definition of male or female as applied by medical standards, yet medicine still says they are female or male, but with an asterisk of some sort.

Butterfly Bill
08-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I would surmise that it is something that pops up randomly like being gay or left handed. My father didn't, nor did my brother, nor any of my grandfathers.

TommiTN
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I would surmise that it is something that pops up randomly like being gay or left handed. My father didn't, nor did my brother, nor any of my grandfathers.

Are you sure about that? After my Dad passed away my Mom told me that she had caught him wearing her things more than once. It came as a total surprise (but not a shock) to me. But now I understand why he was not as hard on me as he could've been when he and Mom found me out as a young teen.

Angela-Russell
08-11-2008, 07:55 PM
My Dad is definitely not a CD'er. Ive checked in his refrigerator & his larder, no sign of any lipstick, just butter, eggs & bacon.......

Bethany38
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I do not know if this is a hereditary thing, but I do know my Grandfather on my Mothers side was a cd. And then you have me on the other side of things.

katrinacd
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
When I was a kid and first started crossdressing, I would worry that my grandfather (who died when I was eight) was watching me from above and was disappointed in me. Later on, when I was back East visiting my grandmother, I came across an old photo album of theirs and found a picture of him completely dolled up as a woman. The back of the picture didn't reveal any clues (although it was dated January 21, 1934 and therefore not a Halloween shot).

No one in the family knew the story behind him dressing this way and it certainly doesn't prove that he was a crossdresser, but it did make my day!

curse within
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
That was an interesting find Katrina, I have those same thoughts of my grandfather looking down on me in disgust wow.

Karren H
08-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Nope.... I feel it's more envieonmental....

curse within
08-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Kinda like global warming Karren? LOL @ enviromental..good answer love it..

LilSissyStevie
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Nope! The devil makes me do it. :devil:

Tina B.
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
It's easy to say no, not my Dad, but if you asked my sons, they would say no not my dad. we can be pretty good at hiding. Our fathers would have hidden it even better, because life back then would have been really hard if ut had come out. So maybe it could be true sometimes, and we just don't know, Just like no one can get a count of how many of us there are, because so many of us stay so deep in the closet.
Tina B.

Karren H
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Kinda like global warming Karren? LOL @ enviromental..good answer love it..

Don't ever say that word to a coal miner!!!! hahaha

Randee
08-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Hereditary??
All I know for sure is, if your parents don't have children, you won't either.

http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Drogar-EyesRoll(LBG).gif
:brolleyes:

curse within
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Hereditary??
All I know for sure is, if your parents don't have children, you won't either.

http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Drogar-EyesRoll(LBG).gif
:brolleyes: :D Thats logical..lol:heehee:

laura.lapinski
08-12-2008, 08:34 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how many attributes we have seem to be heridity. Obviously the physical features, but personalities too. Yes, personalities too. I think I've seen enough from personal observation to know this cannot be totally environmentally caused, therefore, why not CD too? I believe CD is inherited. My dad use to have my mom trim his under arms and I always wondered why. I don't think she cut off all the hair, just made it real short. He was a really masculine looking guy, but like others have said, who would ever really know if they were so deep in the closet.

Laura

ManInBra
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a sister that grew up with our dad, I grew up with my mom and stepdad, But my sister would tell me stories of our dad running around the house wearing pantyhose, I had never seen for myself, but she remembers, She knows I am a CD and she is very cool and supportive about it, I really used to wonder if it is hereditary, like eye color or hair, or any of our other traits we seem to acquire.

Melissa A.
08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
As far as I know, there is absolutely no credible evidence for this, beyond some incomplete studies and anecdotes. There is very little concrete eveidence about the cause of transgenderism at all, much less whether it runs through families. Personally, I firmly believe two things: That it is a physical medical(especially in transexuals), and not a mental condition. And that it begins before birth(all tg's), and is not at all environmental, in origin. But that's my opinion, based on things I've seen, read, and experienced. I really wish the medical community would recognise my first assertation. I think removing ts from the DSM would remove alot of barriers. Being Gay was considerd a mental disorder until 1973.

But the sad truth is we have scant evidence at this point, for pretty much everything.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Aurora27
08-17-2008, 01:18 AM
I wonder how many of these stories of catching dad in female clothes was just a once or twice curiosity and not a full crossdressing thing. Female clothes are specifically designed to attract the interest of men and I think its only a natural progression that some men decide to see how it feels and looks wearing it.

That said, a few years ago my mum left my dad and got a girlfriend and my brother recently came out gay. I'm not, I love women heaps, but I think there is something in the family there for 3 of us to be a little out of the norm.

Charlena
08-18-2008, 12:25 AM
When I was about eight years old Dad thought I was asleep and I walked down the hallway and caught him lying on his bed with Moms red panties on. Freaked me out at the time. He died young and I only hope that he got to the point where he accepted it. Since coming out to my wife we are wondering our 23 year old son. She told me she found her panties in his room several times when he lived at home.

erickka
08-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Quite possibly... I found out that my dad dressed, about a year before he passed. Long story as to how I found out, but I did none the less.

Ásfríðr
08-18-2008, 06:47 AM
nope, they're all straight and totally miserable! i do have a gay uncle, hes the only slight deviance i know of in the family. i think its more of a chernobyl baby thing or my mum must have smoked while she was pregnant lol

Empress Lainie
08-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Let's see....

Dad: Non-op TS. (hey, ANY surgery @ 72 is risky... much less SRS)
Brother: CD. He works in a very Repubican area, so I convinced him to pull his yahoo profile before he outed himself @ work. Out to his wife though.
Me: Closet CD.

Hey you aren't one of my kids are you? I am a pre-op TS and would risk it if I had the money.

I had an uncle who I have become convinced with my knowledge of him and myself was trans and if all the information was available back then, might have actually come out as trans. He certainly had every characteristic, but I never knew of him to CD. I don't know of anyone else in my family but me. My son is all man, and my girls are all girl, altghough one has a great career in a "man's" field, civil engineering, and she just loved to go on a job site where she was the local GOD.

So did I, so did I.

victoriamwilliams1
08-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it is not however dressing could skip a generation. I know myself and a cousin are dressers on my dads side and I have a few GLBT family members on my mothers side. I do think a few f my family members who act hyper masculine may have traits and they are just masking them.