PDA

View Full Version : An Akward Moment

FeliciaRivers
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
So I am in the closet. No body in my life knows that I crossdress besides one person. That is my brother, who I told because I was at the point where it needed to come out. I figured I could trust him with the secret more than anyone. This was last year that I told him and it would seem that he forgot. I guess I hide it to well. I still try to avoid him when I crossdress, but today I failed for the first time at my spy-like ways. I never even heard my brother enter the house. My ears are usually like a rabbit's when I dress up, so I don't get why... I had already taken the clothes off, but I was still wearing the makeup.

I walked around the corner, and there is my brother, standing in front of me. He just looks, walks past and enters the washroom. I thought for sure I was busted. Apparently not. He didn't think anything of it, but I figured he had. So I waited for him to come out of the bathroom where I confessed and asked him if he was ok with what I do. He looked all confused... crap, he forgot, and I just revealed it to him all over again. So I explained it to him, and he remembered... and all of a sudden, I could tell he didn't want to be near me anymore, so he tried to avoid the conversation and left again...

I just feel so ridiculously embarrassed, because I don't think he can't wrap his mind around why a guy would enjoy dressing up as a girl... I know I can trust him with the secret, but agh...

Amy Hepker
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I am sorry to hear that, but it is really hard for some people to accept and relatives are the worst.

curse within
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes sorry to hear about that Kira , that took a lot of nerve to let you brother know, I would have placed myself in his shoes for the same reaction wouldn't you? Family is blood of course thick and thin I am sure he will come around and talk to you about it give it some time.

charlie
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
It is probably as weird for your brother to hear as it is for you to be telling him. If you are in the closet, stay in the closet. Don't ever tell anyone. Let it die with him too. Nothing more said. He will probably forget again. Its more comfortable that way.

Jenna Lynne
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
If you are in the closet, stay in the closet. Don't ever tell anyone. Let it die with him too. Nothing more said. He will probably forget again. Its more comfortable that way.
When you say something tongue-in-cheek -- something that you obviously don't mean to be taken seriously -- it's better if you put a smiley on it. That way people won't misunderstand you.

I mean, you DID intend that advice to be taken tongue-in-cheek, didn't you? You weren't seriously counseling that Kira stay in the closet for the rest of her life, were you? :sad:

I remember how awful it was, nerving myself to tell the first person I ever told. After that it got easier. After a few years it didn't feel like pulling teeth anymore. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I had tried to keep it a secret from everyone for my whole life, it would have killed me. Literally. I would be dead now, I'm quite sure.

If you're living in a stuffy little room, throw open the windows and get some fresh air!

***Jenna Lynne***

[blogging at jennalynne.wordpress.com]

docrobbysherry
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I know just how u feel! I was SO tempted to tell someone after I came out on line here,10 months ago. But, I've read so many posts by CDs who maybe, told only ONE PERSON, and it came out badly!

I now love my closet!:battingeyelashes:

CD Susan
08-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Kira, I wouldn't worry too much about this. The fact that your brother forgot that you confided in him once before shows that he accepted this part of you and thought so little of it that he actually forgot you told him. I think this most recent incident will be handled by him in the same way. If the two of you can talk about it that would be best but if you don't then nothing bad is going to happen. When my exwife and I divorced 13 years ago she outed me to my entire family. No one has ever said a word about it in all these years. I am glad they all know. My son is the only one that I have talked to about this. He is 25 now and accepts this part of me. The only one who did not accept this was the the one person that I expected would but I was wrong. In the end all of this turned out for the best for me and I hope it does for you as well.

RobertaFermina
08-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Sounds like it is just weird to him. Too weird to contemplate, and too weird to remember. Uncomfortable.

Spare him the misery. He's just built that way.

And you are built the way you are.

....and NOBODY is wrong here.

I'd be kind, be quiet, and move on toward your Bliss, leaving him to his.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Jolene
08-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Why do we have to tell anyone? I can understand being married and having to tell your wife but why anyone else? It seems some here are determined to come out to everyone they know but many of us here are not ready for or want to do that. To each his own.
Jolene :)