PDA

View Full Version : is this a sign?

brittany
08-08-2008, 08:06 PM
wow, well being 19 y/o and living at home with my parents is tough. well my mom was gettin ready doing her makeup and hair and was talking to me while doing this and i was just watching. well when she got finished she started going into her closet asking me if i had seen her new clothes, shoes ect. pretty much girly talk about her clothes that I was absolutely loving! however being very much in the closet, is this a sign that maybe she knows that i dress and enjoyed this convo with me as well? or am i reading too much into it?

Nicole Erin
08-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I think a safe bet would be to say she knows something.
Of course approach with care but yeah she is onto it. ;)

RobertaFermina
08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Theories:
1. She knows, and she's testing you.
2. She knows, and she's patronizing you.
3. She knows, gets it that you care, and likes to share.
4. She doesn't know, gets it that you care, and likes to share.

Take yer pick, or add one of your own !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Nicki B
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Which of you was in the closet again?

Oh, both of you... :D

curse within
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Without knowing much about you and your mothers relationship have you ever engaged in similer conversations before? Did she have the cat just ate the canary look on her face as she was showing off all her new clothes. I would assume since you live at home she must have some idea what is going on, little trails you may have left without knowing. Its not easy to control urges in the closet and sometimes we make daring attempts to seek acceptance I did anyways . I would say yes she knows she may be waiting on you to make the next move like MLLE said approach with care.
Good luck on this please keep us posted.

brittany
08-08-2008, 08:52 PM
yes being in the closet at home is tough and im sure i have left many tracks. I have been caught with a "stash" when i was about 12 but nothing since then and of course being that young i denied it. i have been dressing since then but being very careful or so i think. I have my own panties and bras but i do raid her closet for the clothes. and by the way i have seen alot of her new clothes already

curse within
08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I think she knows then, what will you say if questioned will you confess to Cdin?I bet you must have a million things going through your head right now on how to handle it. I think with her knowing spill the beans when asked thats just me . I believe honesty is good for gaining trust and support but only if you are approached.

sandra-leigh
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I have my own panties and bras but i do raid her closet for the clothes. and by the way i have seen alot of her new clothes already

So it might have been a "Somebody's been eating my porridge!" probe. "Hmmm, my closet has been disturbed. And he's the only one who has been home. I'll show him my new clothes and see whether he looks guilty, or see if it looks like he's seen the clothes before."

gennee
08-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I believe she knows.

Gennee

:)

CD Susan
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Brittany, I can't be sure but it sounds like your Mom knows. This is not such a bad thing as you might imagine. Mothers are smart about thier sons and daughters beyond our belief!!! This is so true and don't forget it. I think she knows about you and is handling it well. You are lucky to have a parent like this that understands you. You are very fortunate to be in this situation and I hope you realize this. I hope my words of encouragement help you. Good luck to you dear. Susan

KandisTX
08-08-2008, 09:20 PM
... but, the only way you are going to know is if you talk to her. The only issue there is "ARE YOU READY FOR THAT"?. You have to be 100% sure you are ready for the consequences that talk will lead to. As you are 19, she can legally throw you out of the house and you would be on your own. I'm not trying to be a "wet-blanket", but that is one of the possiblities. Of course I hope that it would be one of those fantasy type situations where she openly accepts you and gives you permission to wear her things.. but remember, the fantasy does not always come true.

Kandis:love::rose2:

suzanne
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
How much evidence have you given her that you are a CD? Have you been wearing her clothes? Has she found a stash of your own clothes? Do you regularly show an interest in your mom's clothing, makeup, etc? Or some other woman's, like a sister if you have one? I would bet that if you can answer "yes"to any of these questions, your mother will have noticed.

Another question I would have is, Do you want her to know? Most of us do want our loved ones to know and accept the real us. Some people are careless about covering their tracks. Others are subconsciously intent on being found out. Still others intentionally leave subtle clues that are easily overlooked by everyone else but a mom.

But it's scary, isn't it? Only you know your own mother but still can't be sure about her acceptance or rejection until the truth comes out. I hope that when you do come out to your mother, that her unconditional love for you will make your taste in clothes unimportant in her eyes. Good luck!

Brina Halloween
08-08-2008, 10:04 PM
It sunds like she knows or has gue3ssed. Sounds like a posiive response to me. My dad knocked last Halloween rior... I was completely dressed to show the neighbors as a "dare" sort of. My dad did not blink. A few days ago, he spent the evening and i WAS WEARING 3" WEDGES (NO OTHER OBVIOUS FEMM) AND NO REACTION. (I hate caps lock)

Talk to her, she is your most likely ubderstanding soul. and if singlwe..........I wantm a phone number:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FeliciaRivers
08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I tend to be over-paranoid with things like this and it is possible you are too. I remember a family conversation we were having where my mom said something about family issues. The example she chose was very similar to cross-dressing. For a bit I thought she was trying to expose me. But I realize now that she doesn't know, it was a complete coincidence.

I say take care with what you say around your mom, but wait and see if she shows any more signs that she may know.

whitelace
08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
It sure it could be a sign hun . You sound close to your mom ,that's nice.

as mom's go in general ..... they always know!
I came home after 2 years of of military service and was having a heart to heart conversation I told her in confidence that I wear women's clothes I didn't realize my father was in the next room where he overheard my conversation ....he practically disowned me after that . I was close with mom and we shared lots of kitchen and sewing projects . She was an old fashion Italian and really didn't want to discuss it further n I think she felt bad at first that I wasn't "normal" like the other boys but in the long run I proved to her the depth of my character. You are lucky that your mom is a modern thinking woman perhaps when you are ready to unload your secret your relationship will expand further IMHO

good luck hun hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

jeanlove
08-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Sorry, i would have to disagree. I grew up doing exactly that with my mom. I help her pick out her clothes and style. In some cases she even bought me girlie flare jeans. She probably only think of it as my sense of style, not CD with makeups, shoes and the whole nine yards. I only wish she knew and accept me though.. :daydreaming:

Katrina82
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't think she knows. My mom asks me questions sometime simply becuase she wants some honest input from a guy I think. Besides I'm her son and I'm home and why not ask me? What, is she going to drive toher friend's house, take a cell phone pic, why?I'm right there. why not ask. I think ur fine. dont sweat it.

KayR
08-09-2008, 04:14 AM
One of Lifes Golden Facts; Mothers know everything!! :hugs:

Rachael502
08-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Mothers have a way of knowing and understanding.......Fathers have a way of knowing and ignoring......and don't wear her clothes any more! Time for your own.....

deja true
08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
LOts of good opinions here, Brittany. I'm with the majority...I think she knows...but...

She knows something, but it might be something other than you think!

Like our SOs when given the evidence of clothes, or surreptitious communications or even just an inkling that their men are a little more 'girly' than the norm, she might think that you're gay. In this society, X-dressing is not normally the thing that comes to mind first, unless you've already brought up the subject before in other conversations

If you get along well, if she sees that you take an interest in her 'womanly' subjects more than a normal teenage boy would, then she's just waiting for you to confide in her. She wants that. And she deserves that.

I don't have much an idea of how you two get along from your short post, but it sounds like you're gonna have a supportive mom there, especially if you are upfront and honest with her.

bobbie_1048
08-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Theories:
1. She knows, and she's testing you.
2. She knows, and she's patronizing you.
3. She knows, gets it that you care, and likes to share.
4. She doesn't know, gets it that you care, and likes to share.

Take yer pick, or add one of your own !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

hiya Brittany :) following the guidelines above, I would say proceed with caution. Let your mom lead on the subject and react accordingly. :bighug:

Kimmie
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
If your mom suspected, she'd definitely be concerned and likely initiate that "talk" with you. I think you read a little to much into it. Its natural for a closeted CD to be a little scared about people discovering without your permission.

Tina B.
08-12-2008, 07:05 AM
It is hard to say, one way or the other, as a child of the 50's somethings just where not said out loud. But when I look back at it, I was allowed to do a lot of things by mom that made dad groan. I played with hair straightners, and some times curling irons, and temperary hair coloring, but we never talked about crossdressing!
But if you wear a womans clothes, you will leave male scent on them, strech them out of shape, or leave something that was ironed, in a used shape, so unless you want to be found out, I suggest you start your own stash of clothes and stay out of Mom's.
Tina B.

Holly
08-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Yes it's a sign... that your mother is a loving mom, comfortable talking to her son. Beyond that, any speculation would only be a guess as to if she is, "on to you." But from your very brief description, it sounds like she is approchable should you choose to have a heart-to-heart talk with her.

Shelly67
08-12-2008, 07:42 AM
I think Holly is correct on this one . I certainly hope youre mother ( if you do confide in her ) will react in a kind and supportive manner.Only you can tell - its sometimes hard to guage and imagine peoples personalities via the net and its descriptions. At least at present she's leaving it up to you , no accusations or ill will - or any embaressing questions.
I,d just take some time out , see if she behaves in the same manner again ....then , if youre ready , perhaps a question along the lines of "mum can I trust you with something"? let me make it clear tho - only if you feel comfortable with this delicate issue
I,m sure she'll react.It could be positive , or negative . After all our mums know everything - right?
Good luck.

Annesah
08-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Brittany,

You said it all when you mentioned "girly talk". No GG in the world, much less your mom, could mistake that for anything other than that. Try to enhance and foster your relationship with her. She has already accepted you and is willing to share that side with you. How wonderful it must be to be 19 and have a mom like her!:hugs:

Shelly Preston
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes it is possible she knows but you cant quite be sure

She may have noticed things out of place if you have been wearing her clothes ( not ideal your better with your own )

I would be careful to listen to her more carefully just in case she makes anymore comments

Only you can decide if you want to tell her

valenstein
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I would say she knows, but is not sure of what she knows. I'm about 90% my mom knew about my early CDing, but as to whether or not she knows I still do it, I'm unsure. I'm sure she knows I'm different, I've never hidden my sparkly toenails around her or my dad, but I don't know what she thinks now.

I was never told that playing "Barbie dolls" or "House" with my sister was wrong, they neither encouraged it or discouraged it. I look back at that fact now and feel they at least accepted what was in my head.

josie_S
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
anytime anyone brings up to me anything like that my heart races and i think: 'uh oh! do they know????'and it really has two effects, depending on who it is. for example, i've had a couple of SOs ask me if they can paint my toenails or put mascara on me (i have nice long lashes :D) and my heart skips a beat and i want to believe that they know or suspect and that they may be okay with it, if not wanting to enjoy it with me. OR, i get really paranoid, as if they ARE testing me and trying to see how i'll respond. it's tough doing all that sneaking around!
if it's an authority figure, as in your case, like my mom who once or twice has asked me, in what i perceived to be a very 'girly' way, whatever that may mean, how i liked her dress or her outfit, i tend to tense up and lean towards a paranoid version of 'does she know?' because i KNOW that my mom would react negatively if she did. she's also asked me to try some skin care products, assuring me that my dad uses them, and my worst paranoia tells me she's testing me. but it could be that your mother and mine have very different outlooks?

personally, i hope she does know, and i hope she's supportive! my guess is it will go a long way towards self-acceptance for you if she accepts you! good luck!