PDA

View Full Version : For CDs only: Relationship Status

goofus
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi, I'm curious to find out the relationship status of the CD's here. As for myself, I'm single, have been for years, and wonder if I'll ever find a suitable mate (i.e. one that can put up with my femininity)

curse within
08-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Married but seperated

goofus
08-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Married but seperated

Ah, maybe I should add a few more categories?

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh I'm sooooo tempted! :devil:

goofus
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Don't give in !!! I mean, tempted to do what??

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Don't give in !!! I mean, tempted to do what??
I guess you don't get over to our section much? :raisedeyebrow:

Tempted to retaliate for all our polls that get messed up by people who don't bother to read - especially the two recent ones (take a glance in the FtM section).

But I'll behave. I may be a pirate, but I'm not stooping to that level. :p

Robin Tree
08-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Single. Came out to my latest girlfriend of 2 years who i thought may be accepting of it. But to my surprise she called me a freak and left me.

Thanks Goofus for the support. very much appreciated.

goofus
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Single. Came out to my latest girlfriend of 2 years who i thought may be accepting of it. But to my surprise she called me a freak and left me.

Ah, sorry to hear that. If she's going to react that way, you're way better off without her! :2c:

Stormgirl
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I am single and have been since 2004, I have no plans or desire to become intimate with a female(or male even though I am straight) for a long long time. I enjoy being alone and I don't like having a hindrance or a burden in front of me. I know that there are some decent single women out there around my age but I don't feel like getting hurt again.

goofus
08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I am single and have been since 2004, I have no plans or desire to become intimate with a female(or male even though I am straight) for a long long time. I enjoy being alone and I don't like having a hindrance or a burden in front of me. I know that there are some decent single women out there around my age but I don't feel like getting hurt again.

Understandable...although maybe your view of women is a bit too jaded?

sarahNZ
08-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Just been thrown out of a 5 year reletionship with my wife of 1 year (anniversary would have been monday 11th) She could not face the fact she actualy married a cross dresser althow the first time she found out was 5 years ago. I think she thought it was "just one of those silly phases".:sad: Instead I was relocated from lover and husband to flatmate and bed buddy when she feels like it. (does that still count as a relationship?)

sandra-leigh
08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
common-law for close to 7 years. I didn't vote because it wasn't clear whether "married" included common-law.

kristytv
08-09-2008, 12:13 AM
single for around 7 years, again, was straight, now bi, dont know? lol

goofus
08-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Just been thrown out of a 5 year reletionship with my wife of 1 year (anniversary would have been monday 11th) She could not face the fact she actualy married a cross dresser althow the first time she found out was 5 years ago. I think she thought it was "just one of those silly phases".:sad: Instead I was relocated from lover and husband to flatmate and bed buddy when she feels like it. (does that still count as a relationship?)

Ah, sorry to hear about that. Maybe it's time to move on to greener pastures?

common-law for close to 7 years. I didn't vote because it wasn't clear whether "married" included common-law.

Good question! I would put that in the "steady girlfriend" category.
Actually, now that I think of it, I would have liked to have had "Married, accepting wife" or "Married, unaccepting wife" instead of just "Married", but I guess it's too late for that? Mods?

Dragonfly
08-09-2008, 02:08 AM
My last and only sexual relationship ended nearly 11 years ago. I found sex boring right from the get-go (I have some pretty amusing stories about it though!). I wasnt bothered in relationships before that time and have had no interest in one since. I also consider that I am too immature for commitment and have a huge self-esteem issue to contend with. I'm a wimp, basically!

So I always say that I am a happy basta...batchelor ;)

Ellie
08-09-2008, 04:12 AM
I recently got engaged to my long time GF. We've been going steady for six years now :P

Josephine 1941
08-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Goofus, I am one of the very lucky ones , I am sitting here writing to you dressed as a women an my GG is here too, reading the paper. I pretty much can dress when ever I want she even prefers me as her girl friend. The only coment I got from her this morning was to be carefull with a neckles I put on. We are the same size in cloths 16/14 an shoes 10 1/2 an 11. I have a very nice tank top with my 36 C breast ,a short black skirt,and my baby doll punps 3 inch . I have a short alburn wig that is the same as her hair my nails are painted a nice dark red, as we love to go out together as sisters. We are going to P Town on the 20 for 4 days an I will be a women 24/7 for the whole time . There are women out there that want she /males not men that want to become a women , so good luck an the best advice I can give you is that be up front with all the women you meet . :D

Rachael502
08-09-2008, 06:09 AM
We plan to be married 9-9-09......and she's pretty comfortable with my crossdressing!:battingeyelashes:

Hi Josephine....where in P-Town will you be staying? I've been doing some searches for CD friendly places, but pretty much all the places just say Gay and/or Lesbian.....

Tina Dixon
08-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Married a couple of times:D

Samantha43
08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Married 20 years to a wonderful, accepting and supportive woman. My most enjoyable times are when we both get out our best clothes, put on our makeup and and have a "girls" night at home.

Nicki B
08-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Actually, now that I think of it, I would have liked to have had "Married, accepting wife" or "Married, unaccepting wife" instead of just "Married", but I guess it's too late for that? Mods?

If you did that, surely you would need 'Married, partner doesn't know' as well... :idontknow:

And where would you put those who already voted?

KayR
08-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Married to a wonderful and supportive lady for more than 30 years. She has no illusions and neither do I; I am heterosexual and monogamous. I would wish for more CD/TV people to be blessed with someone like her.

Nadia-Maria
08-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Have been badly married once for 14 yrs then happily divorced ; at the moment I'm in couple for more than 5 yrs. I chose the : "with a steady girlfriend". As for me, it's more or less equivalent to be a "second marriage", that is to be married.

Nadia

Tina Dixon
08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
It says CD's, but doesn't say MtoF or FtoM:D

Carol A
08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Married to the same women for 45 years, 4 kids and I still cding on a regular basis. :hugs::love:

Tomara
08-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Single / divorced for two years + and dating GGs.
Also enjoying the freedom of living alone and being able to be myself !

Tomara

victoriamwilliams1
08-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I am very married to a s.o. who does not know.

Patty
08-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Single--

joann07
08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm single, never married, and have no kids.
I live on my own and enjoy doing what I want whenever I want.
Not too long ago, I came out to my neighbors and he and his wife were very open and accepting.
When they see me when I'm dressed, they're always complimenting me and I enjoy chatting with them.
I do hope to meet an accepting GG someday. :daydreaming:

Hugs!

IMJenn
08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I had a girlfriend for almost 3 years that kind of accepted it. She would help me shop, but never wanted to see me dressed. It worked for a while, and our break up had nothing to do with it. So now I'm single for little over a month now.

Jaclyn NM
08-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 35 years. I only recently told her of my crossdressing, and she has really embraced it. She has given me clothes and helped me shop for shoes. I really like 5 inch stilettoes, and now I'm getting her to come around and try some. We enjoy dressing together at home, and she helps me with my makeup. We are having a lot of fun, and our relationship has grown stonger than ever. I only wish I'd come out to her sooner.

KarenSusan
08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
I've never been close to being married. I think sometimes the reason is that, subconsciously, I knew that sooner or later I would have to tell her that I am CD/TG and I couldn't face the chance that she would walk out.

TxKimberly
08-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Happily Married for 21 years. I love being married to her and I sucked at being single, so life is good!

Well I suppose it depends on how you define yourself (CD or TS), but it seems to me there is no reason for you NOT to give your reply here. If I understand correctly, you do cross dress and this thread didn't say anything about being only for MTF. :-)

KathrynTX
08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
For the past six months I have been in a relationship with a wonderful lady who is accepting of my cross dressing. Not only that, she loves the fact that I shave my legs and armpits!

:D :love:

joank
08-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Married to the same woman for 40 years.Typical long term relationship. We worked them (problems) out together.

goofus
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
If you did that, surely you would need 'Married, partner doesn't know' as well... :idontknow:

And where would you put those who already voted?

Good questions, I may have to run another poll at some point :D

debbeelee1
08-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't trade my SO for all the tea in China!

Mitch23
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
married 14 years to a lovely girl who is lukewarm about my 'hobby'

mitch

Paula G
08-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Been married for almost 20 years. Wife has known for about 3-4 years now and is OK with it.

Cary
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Goofus, I am one of the very lucky ones , I am sitting here writing to you dressed as a women an my GG is here too, reading the paper. I pretty much can dress when ever I want she even prefers me as her girl friend. The only coment I got from her this morning was to be carefull with a neckles I put on. We are the same size in cloths 16/14 an shoes 10 1/2 an 11. I have a very nice tank top with my 36 C breast ,a short black skirt,and my baby doll punps 3 inch . I have a short alburn wig that is the same as her hair my nails are painted a nice dark red, as we love to go out together as sisters. We are going to P Town on the 20 for 4 days an I will be a women 24/7 for the whole time . There are women out there that want she /males not men that want to become a women , so good luck an the best advice I can give you is that be up front with all the women you meet . :D

WOW! Where can I find those kinda women?

Annette_boy
08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Girls and Boi's
I voted single because my status was not listed I have been Married once and am widowed and she was a loving participant in my dressing
Hugs Annette

Barbara Dugan
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
single still looking for that especial person

bah-bah-bobbie
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I was happily married for 6 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, 3 days 2 hours and 37 minuets when the wife come home one night and said "you know what? I'm sick of you. I have been for the past five years because your worthless. Good luck raising the kids (at the time 4 year old boy and 20 month old girl), good luck keeping the bank from foreclosing the house and good bye." That was October of 2000 and I have seen her 5 maybe 6 times since. Then I find out she was having affairs with 2 for sure maybe a thrid guy for six months trying to decide which one she liked better. Most people can't belive I want to get married again.

CD Susan
08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Intresting thread! I am single now and loving every minute of it. I was married for 23 years and after telling her the truth about me it was all over. For some reason she could not accept this and we divorced because of this. I am happy now with my life and look back on my past as an unforrtunate part of my life. I am happy now and that is all that matters. I wish every cd on this site was as happy as i am.

TracyH
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
But I'll behave. I may be a pirate, but I'm not stooping to that level. :p

If you swoop down on the chandelier, scoop me up, and escape out a window, I'll vote for you the moment before I'm snatched.

darla_g
08-09-2008, 09:32 PM
just a guess here but some people may be reluctant to bring up crossdressing when you just begin dating. i think once you feel very comfortable in a relationship you may bring it up then.

Nicole Erin
08-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Married, of course my wife knew AFTER marriage... Yes I know about that whole honesty thing, it has been beaten like that tired horse...

Understandable...although maybe your view of women is a bit too jaded?

Nonsense, I think Jenny's views are always pleasant and uplifting. :heehee:

Joni T
08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Married 22 years to the same woman. She is accepting of it and ok with it. Her only gripe is that I never stay home when I dress any more and share my femme-self with her.
Joni

kaitlin
08-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey Girls, We have been together for a little over 4 years and we have been married for 1 year and 4 months now:love:. She knew about my desire to be fem and my want to dress from the beginning. We have enjoyed every moment of it! 1000% supportive! The only thing that scares her also scares me, redneckville Tennessee isn't a place to go public with Kaitlin:sad:

Lloydena
08-10-2008, 06:02 AM
My girlfriend and I had been living together for about 2 years, when we finally decided on a day to get Married. I knew that I did not want to start off our Marraige with any "lies or secrets" and somehow I had to tell her about my secret. I was scared that once I did tell her that I enjoy crossdressing "and" that I have a panty fetish to boot...that she would call me a sick pervert and pack up her things and leave me.
We were just getting ready for bed and I decided that it was now or never. I told her that I had a secret that needed to tell her, I couldn't even look her in the eye when I told her [with a trembling fear in my voice] It was one of those moments that you just have to say it without being hesitant. After I had told her I finally got up the courage to look at her.
She was quiet for a moment.. and then she asked me "are you serious"? I told her that I was very serious and that I felt the need to tell her ...so she knew just what she was getting into. Then she asked me "do you have clothes that you wear ...here...a secret stash"? I replied to her "yes". Then she smiled at me and said "welllllll...let me see what you have". This enormous pressure was lifted off of my soul.
I went over to my hiding place and got out my wardrobe of feminine clothing and underwear... showing her all of the things that I had. She even asked me to put on a pair of panties. I was thankful that she was accepting it and was very understanding about it.
The wedding went on as planned and in April 2009 we will have been married for 20 years. [with 2 children] Sure we have had our ups and downs...but we have never had an arguement over ..or about that topic.
Each of us have to decide when the right time might be...to tell our other half about our pleasures..and some may choose not to tell them at all. But for me..I felt that it would be wrong to start a marraige with secrets and /or lies. I am one of the lucky ones I guess. :hugs:

Alaceann
08-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Been togeather for 19 yr's ,just got married last week!!!!!!:):D

Amy Hepker
08-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I have a Lady that I am living with right now and have been for 7 years.

goofus
08-10-2008, 11:49 AM
My girlfriend and I had been living together for about 2 years, when we finally decided on a day to get Married. I knew that I did not want to start off our Marraige with any "lies or secrets" and somehow I had to tell her about my secret. I was scared that once I did tell her that I enjoy crossdressing "and" that I have a panty fetish to boot...that she would call me a sick pervert and pack up her things and leave me.
We were just getting ready for bed and I decided that it was now or never. I told her that I had a secret that needed to tell her, I couldn't even look her in the eye when I told her [with a trembling fear in my voice] It was one of those moments that you just have to say it without being hesitant. After I had told her I finally got up the courage to look at her.
She was quiet for a moment.. and then she asked me "are you serious"? I told her that I was very serious and that I felt the need to tell her ...so she knew just what she was getting into. Then she asked me "do you have clothes that you wear ...here...a secret stash"? I replied to her "yes". Then she smiled at me and said "welllllll...let me see what you have". This enormous pressure was lifted off of my soul.
I went over to my hiding place and got out my wardrobe of feminine clothing and underwear... showing her all of the things that I had. She even asked me to put on a pair of panties. I was thankful that she was accepting it and was very understanding about it.
The wedding went on as planned and in April 2009 we will have been married for 20 years. [with 2 children] Sure we have had our ups and downs...but we have never had an arguement over ..or about that topic.
Each of us have to decide when the right time might be...to tell our other half about our pleasures..and some may choose not to tell them at all. But for me..I felt that it would be wrong to start a marraige with secrets and /or lies. I am one of the lucky ones I guess. :hugs:

Wonderful story! You *are* lucky :)

Thank you all for your replies - keep 'em coming. So far it's nice to see that so many of us are married ... maybe there's hope for me yet? Of course, I guess there's a lot of people that are married but the wife doesn't know or doesn't accept...

steftoday
08-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I just voted, Goofus; we've been married for 22 years, and our 2 children that are the best thing we ever did!

and yes, she knows... she's tolerant, for the most part (she's known for a long time)...which makes me very lucky.

and... of course there's hope for you!! :o

Holly
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Married 40 years in a few months. Wife knows, supports, and participates. Telling her was the smartest thing (next to marrying her) that I have ever done.

az_azeel
08-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Have a wonderfull understanding partner of nearly five years now and we are planning to get married next year...

Dennise
08-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Been married to a good woman and she supports me all the way. Have two daughters and they know and love me. Could not ask for more.:hugs::love:Dennise

Ayame
08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
It seems by this thread that over 60% of cross dressers are married. I noticed that a lot of people that post aren't happy with their marriage on these forums so I wonder how many of the people only married the other person thinking they would accept the cross dressing or because they felt others wouldn't accept it. I also think there should be another option stating married and happy. I'm sure if it was broken into married and happy and married and not happy it would prob split the numbers in half for marriage.

:2c:

goofus
08-10-2008, 05:34 PM
It seems by this thread that over 60% of cross dressers are married. I noticed that a lot of people that post aren't happy with their marriage on these forums so I wonder how many of the people only married the other person thinking they would accept the cross dressing or because they felt others wouldn't accept it. I also think there should be another option stating married and happy. I'm sure if it was broken into married and happy and married and not happy it would prob split the numbers in half for marriage.

:2c:

You may be right, Lolita...have to have a follow-up poll...

Tina B.
08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
This poll or the next, put me down as Happily married, 37 years, told her after 5 years, to a while but it worked out good, wish I had been up front from the start. Christmas and Birthdays I always make out like a bandit, gettin both male and female gifts. I love getting jewerly.
Tina B.

goofus
08-10-2008, 10:46 PM
This poll or the next, put me down as Happily married, 37 years, told her after 5 years, to a while but it worked out good, wish I had been up front from the start. Christmas and Birthdays I always make out like a bandit, gettin both male and female gifts. I love getting jewerly.
Tina B.

Sounds great, Tina :)

cdsteph
08-10-2008, 11:11 PM
married....10 years now, although we were an item 30 years ago , broke up and went our separate ways, then reunited 10 years ago.
I was CDing since I was 16 but 'officially' just since she had me dress up one night about 6 years ago.
So....i'm her creation.......:daydreaming:

Stephanie Michelle
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Will be married for 20 years in October. Told the wife shortly after we started dating. Has been hot and cold with the CDing over the years. Seems to use it against me when mad. Otherwise not a big deal. Although would like to get involved in local group.

StephaniE

CaptLex
08-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Well I suppose it depends on how you define yourself (CD or TS), but it seems to me there is no reason for you NOT to give your reply here. If I understand correctly, you do cross dress and this thread didn't say anything about being only for MTF. :-)
Nah, I'm not a crossdresser and I know this thread wasn't meant for people like me. My only reason to vote in this poll would be to cause trouble and I don't do that. :tongueout

If you swoop down on the chandelier, scoop me up, and escape out a window, I'll vote for you the moment before I'm snatched.
Zorro fantasies? :raisedeyebrow: :heehee:

renee k
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm curious to find out the relationship status of the CD's here. As for myself, I'm single, have been for years, and wonder if I'll ever find a suitable mate (i.e. one that can put up with my femininity)

Hi Goofus,

I'm in your position, been single for sixteen years now and have had a couple relationships along the way. And just can't bring myself to marry again. Guess I just like my independance too much.

Huggs, Renee

Sam-antha
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Married, very happy, for over 40 years and my wife does not know that she has two "mes".

Bridgette T
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
My wife and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary.

Raquelle C
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Happily married and my wife is mostly accepting and understanding.

bobbi sue
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
married to a fantastic lady for 25 years,accepts my cding i am able to dress when ever i like.just last weekend she bought me beauting pair of heels and a beautiful silk nighty

Nikki Cox
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Married, and yes she doesn't know. I have a wonderful friend, Genetic Girl, who has allowed me the freedom to discuss my feminity.

goofus
08-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Married, and yes she doesn't know. I have a wonderful friend, Genetic Girl, who has allowed me the freedom to discuss my feminity.

That's great ... although I think that discussing my femininity with an accepting GG would make me feel close to her :hugs: if you know what I mean :)