PDA

View Full Version : "Lucky to have no body hair"

KateW
08-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi girls,

I had to have an operation on my wrist a couple of days ago (I'm currently typing one handed!). As I was asked to remove all my earrings and other jewellery before surgery, I figured that my only visible feminine clues would be my shoulder length hair and shaped eyebrows. However when I arrived at my hospital bed I was asked to put a gown on (woohoo), exposing my shaved legs. The nurse made no comment as I sat on the bed and she asked a multitude of questions to ensure I was fit for surgery.

Later I was asked to raise my arm in the air so they could put a band round it to make finding my veins easier. In doing so, she saw my shaved armpit in full view. Again no comment!

After the op however, the nurse returned to take out the drip that was in my wrist. As she quickly tore off the see-through tape holding the needle in, she said I am "really lucky to have no body hair, as a lot of men have loads and it makes tearing off the plasters really painful". With that she simply smiled, and so did I. This small gesture of acceptance really cheered me up as my general anesthetic wore off!

Kate xxx

ronny
08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi Kate! That was so nice of the nurse. People can be kind and caring if they choose to be. I am glad she was there for you!

roni

KateW
08-09-2008, 08:21 PM
They can indeed. I was feeling quite self-conscious at the time so her comment really put me at ease.

Denise01
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I can understand what you are saying about the hospital.

I am fully shaved and have been now for a while.

A couple of years ago i was in the hospital for a procedure, and the nurse came over to shave me, where they were going to insert a tube.

She took one look, and said good, already shaved. That was about the length of the conversation, but made me feel good that she was so accepting

Denise:):):)

Jolene
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I have shaved my legs for a couple of years now and got up the nerve to shave my arms about a month ago. I really went back and forth on that one. They feel so nice now and look much better to me.
As far as I know no one has even noticed.
Jolene :)

KateW
08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
While my wife has never really minded me removing my leg hair, she was somewhat fond of my armpit hair (don't ask me why!) so it took her longer to get comfortable with me removing it. Glad I did though cos I can't stand it!

debbeelee1
08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sure the medical profession has seen it all! I've been shaving my legs and wearing shorts. Since I'm a truck driver, I go in truck stops almost daily. I even have both ears pierced. No one has ever said a word or gave me a second look!

Karen Francis
08-10-2008, 08:02 PM
You could just tell them you saved them the trouble, and because you didn't know exactly where they were going to poke, you did everything..

Like Debbee above, I am also a completely shaved truck driver, also with pierced ears, really... no one cares...

renee k
08-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm headed off to the hospital to get a couple of things done, later this month, a new hip being one. And I'm shaved head to toe. Was going to tell'em I bike, which I do. But I like the line mentioned here, " Didn't know where you were going to poke, so I thought I'd save you the trouble."

Huggs, Renee

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-10-2008, 09:13 PM
KateW,
I am the same way. I shaved my legs,under arms and I love it. Even in guy mode, I don't like having all that body hair. If feels so good and refreshing. I don't worry about nobody noticing.I look at it this way,who is going to be checking under my arms anyway?

Felicity :)

Tina B.
08-12-2008, 07:29 AM
I had a bypass a couple of years ago, part of the insturctions where to go home and shave from head to toe, because they need the chest area clear, and the legs where they pull veins for patches. i got complemented on what a great job I had done by the nurse that preped me that morning, little did she know just how much practice I've had at it.
Tina B.