PDA

View Full Version : More Female than Male clothes

AKAMichelle
08-10-2008, 03:18 PM
After my wife moved out, I think I went hog wild. I know that I have been ordering a lot of female clothes preparing for the day coming the end of the month when I will begin going out. :D

I have bought purses and just about everything to make multiple outfits work. I just hadn't paid much attention to the amount of clothes until after doing laundry last night and hanging everything back up. That's when I realized that I had more female clothes than male ones. I guess that I spent too much. :devil: Cause now when I was taking inventory I realized that I had enough clothes to go full-time. A very tempting thought since I work out of the house and nobody is here to stop me. :daydreaming:

Joy Carter
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Luck gal you are. Go for 24/7 kiddo ! :D

Amy Hepker
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Join the club of having way more female things that male. I find that I am constantly buying hangers for the new things I bought, that's when you know you are going over board. You know though a girl never wants to wear the same outfit to often.

Be fore my last purge, I had over 100 tops, 70 dresses, and over 25 skirts.

I hate purges, and I swear I will not do it again, I always lose things I really like.

renee k
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Join the club of having way more female things that male. I find that I am constantly buying hangers for the new things I bought, that's when you know you are going over board. You know though a girl never wants to wear the same outfit to often.

Be fore my last purge, I had over 100 tops, 70 dresses, and over 25 skirts.

I hate purges, and I swear I will not do it again, I always lose things I really like.

That's me I'm always in Bed Bath and Beyond buying hangers. My walk-in closet is stuffed. Rather than purging, I thin things out. A few years back when I contemplated not dressing anymore. I related this epiphany to Mary Alice, the gal that does my wigs. She looked at me like I was crazy, and said,
"your not going to throw out your clothes are you, you'll need them later."
She was right! So now it's thinning to keep the closet from over flowing.

Huggs, Renee

curse within
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Can never have too much, that what I say anyways :)

gennee
08-10-2008, 06:10 PM
My wife and I share some clothing so the budget is easier. My female clothing is increasing while my male clothing is decreasing.

Gennee

:)

Tina B.
08-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Male clothing I buy what I need, Womens clothing I buy what I want, I have a lot more wants than needs!
Tina B.

Phyliss
08-10-2008, 06:43 PM
As for my "outer wear" clothing, I'm about 70% girl and 30% boy , with the 30% fading fast. As for underthings, 100% girl.

Lots of nice dress slacks and of course all my work jeans are from Fashion Bug. My only problem is finding shirts or tops that can "blend" I've got about 5 or 6 , so occasionally I'll have to remember how to button a shirt "the wrong way"

debbeelee1
08-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds like you may need more closet space too!

Pattie O
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Good morning ladies,

I also purge some clothes from time to time but now Im finding Im wearing lingerie every day and not even using male underwear but I still place some in the wash.And you know what ,it feels great but it is winter and Im going to miss wearing pantyhose and pantie girdles etc under my male clothes in summer.Im now far more interested in my ladies wardrobe than male .I dont even look at male clothes when Im shopping now.I still want to look good as a male though so I probably should pay more attention to that side of me.:o

Pattie O

Cary
08-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I just got the Fall Chadwick of Boston catalog. I see some overtime at work in my future.:)

Sandra Dunn
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I have 5 feet of closet for boy clothes and 20 feet for girl clothes and it's busting the door open. I need to add on a room size closet and go full time.

Fleur
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Before my last purge, I had over 100 tops, 70 dresses, and over 25 skirts.

Sooooo relate Amy, its terrible. I have come so close lately.

And yes, femme wardrobe and drawers are full to overflowing. A throwout to goodwill is on the horizon.

AlisonA
08-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I know the feeling. I was noticing the other day that I have a closet full of womens clothes, whereas my guy clothes are on maybe a dozen hangers, for each pair of guy shoes there are about 5 pairs of heels or wedges, one and a part dressers with mostly lingerie, undies, and nighties, with 1 drawer and 2 side cupboards for guy clothes. The en suite bathroom looks more like a salon, with a guys shaving kit, a stick of deodorant, and 2 bottles of aftershave sitting in the corner of the vanity! Do I throw anything out, of course not. I have 3 totes with tops and pants that I don't wear often stacked in the store room.

AKAMichelle
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I decided after posting this message to get out. I had all of these clothes and no where to go. So I am finally deciding to do it. No more closet for me. :D

Cary
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I decided after posting this message to get out. I had all of these clothes and no where to go. So I am finally deciding to do it. No more closet for me. :D

Good Luck! Be Safe!:):)

Empress Lainie
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Good for you Michelle.

I have 3ft plus several tabletops full of my girl clothes. I tossed all my men's underwear some 30yrs old. I still have a few suit coats and few pair of pants,plus way too many white shirts occupying about 3ft of closet

But I have another 7 feet of closet with tee shirts that I can wear as a woman.

I think I will get rid of the suit coats and pants fairly soon, as I never intend to wear them again, or the white shirts either.

i have been fulltime for 13 months now with female ID.

emmicd
08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I prefer buying dresses and womens lingerie and womens pants and jeans. Like all of you girls here I too buy mostly girls clothes. I just prefer being a girl so that explains why I really prefer buying girls clothes. I am very emotional when it comes to girls/womens clothes.

I love buying em and wearing em!

It's exciting!

emmi

Lesley Ann
08-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Some eighteen months ago I had a fitted wardrobe made which takes up a whole wall in the bedroom, at the time I only wore ladies cotton briefs. When the wardrobe was finished all that was hanging was three suits, two jackets,one overcoat and about a dozen shirts. Eighteen months later I cannot fit another dress into the space! My SO is trying to persuade me to make a hard decision, and at lease thin out my wardrobe. I suppose she is right (sigh) but I am thinking where can I build another wardrobe!:daydreaming:
Making life's decisions is not easy, My best regards,
Lesley Ann

DeeDee3
08-11-2008, 03:14 AM
I bought one Male shirt in the last 4 years or so. And, I don't know why I did it, other than I liked the color. A pale orange, and I think it was because it would match my Pale Orange Womens shorts. Only wore it once, and didn't like the way the buttons buttone. DeeDee3

Denise01
08-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I like Dee Dee have only bought one male shirt in over 4 years, that was last Feb to go to a funeral, and have not worn it since.

I have not bought any male clothes other than the above now for well over 4 years, and really do not intend to start now.

My Denise wardrobe is now at least 3 times, that of my male one, and it is getting larger.

I need to purge some old clothes that no longer fit me, but guess what it will be the male clothes that go, to make more room for Denise's clothes

Denise

Angie G
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I think I'm geting to that point Michelle, :hugs:
Angie

Jocelyn Quivers
08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Same problem here with my female wardrobe. I've gotten to the point where I actually have gotten rid of older outfits or clothes that no longer fit me to make more room. As for my male clothes I had to buy a portable closet for them.

Deanna2
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
That's when I realized that I had more female clothes than male ones. :

I don't see anything strange here and, judging from the other responses, neither does anyone else.

Jolene
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
More closet space needed at my house too. Glad to know I am not the only one with lots of clothes. I just love shopping :)
Jolene

steftoday
08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
showoffs!!!

:D