PDA

View Full Version : talking in the third person

donnasweetheart
08-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Was wondering if anyone else talks about the female persona in the third person? My SO and I do it all the time, doesn't matter if he is dressed and she is here with me. Like I'll say is Donna happy or he'll say Donna loves you. Kind of strange and wondered if we are the only ones that talk that way about the female part of him.

Susan Watersfield
08-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Donna,

Not having an SO, or anyone that I can discuss my female personna with, your particular situation doesn't arise for me.

However, when shopping for female clothes, I often refer to the "third prerson" ie Susan as a way of surpressing any feelings of embarresment.

In fact, even when chatting to tg friends on-line, I often talk about "buying something for Susan", even when fully dressed!

So for me at least, there is a definate tendency to talk in the third person.

Hope that helps.

Luv

Susan

TommiTN
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I do it occasionally when it seems appropriate, but most of the time I refer to my personae in the first person since they share my body on a more or less equal basis.

valenstein
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes, my gf will often say, "Ivy would like that", or If I'm about to go out in drab dressed like my dad on vacation, she'll say, "would Ivy go out like that?" ...then I sulk and know she has me pinned. Just don't start talking like Suede on this season's Project Runway or Ivy thinks that Ivy will go insane! ;)

docrobbysherry
08-11-2008, 10:23 AM
My only discussions regarding Sherry r online.
However, I DID ask Sherry if she minded me referring to her in the third person. She didn't reply, so I assume it is OK!:)

bridget thronton
08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Only when discussing my Second Life avatar

Lora Olivia
08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
When talking about me my SO and "him" do refer to me in the 3rd person. Also when "he" is talking with other people who know about me.