PDA

View Full Version : The Compliment Fish?

valenstein
08-11-2008, 02:20 PM
So I start to chat with a CD I'd never met before (I'm not aware that she is a member here) and how do you do and all that...

The photo of her in her chat window is such that I can just make out her outfit and not her face or much else. She gives me a nice compliment and I thank her and tell her that I love her outfit (which is all I can see of her, mayyybe her chin if I squint). A few lines go by and then she lays something to this effect on me: It is customary for females to compliment the other person's looks so as to build confidence and maker her a part of the group....

I wasn't sure if she was fishing for a compliment or trying to tell me something I already knew, but it kinda p*ssed me off. Once I asked her if she had a website or something, she showed me and I did tell her how great she looked.

If I get a friendly hello (and their ID doesn't refer to their genitals), I don't always look right away. I don't care who I'm talking to if they are interesting. In person, of course! But am I an online b*tch or something?

tvbeckytv
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
well, if it were me, and i had gone to website and seen pictures..... seeing as they obviously were fishing for ego massage, i would just have thanked for showing me the site, and changed subject.

no, you are not a bitch

CD Susan
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Valenstein, all of us girls like to recieve compliments on our looks. I think she was fishing for one from you. I sounds like you have complimented her previously and maybe she was just seeking reaffirmation of that. No, I do not think you are a bitch! BTW I think you look great!