PDA

View Full Version : An Obvious Choice

valenstein
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
It doesn't matter how many times I do or don't go out, but going out for the first time in any new city always raises my nervous meter.

I was just reading about some other gals' first times out, and I found this experience worked for me (at least in a new city).

I had never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and found a local troupe that performed it onstage while the movie played behind it. I was the only CD in the audience, and nobody minded at all. I couldn't find the theater so I ended up getting in a couple minutes late, so technically I'm still a virgin. Note: Virgins (those who haven't been to a show) get special treatment, so if being singled out is a problem, it's not for you (or just keep quiet about said fact).

I guess being the lone CD worked cuz the troupe invited me out to midnight breakfast and we had a ball! Just an idea...

tracigirl_tv
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I guess being the lone CD worked cuz the troupe invited me out to midnight breakfast and we had a ball! Just an idea...

It probably didn't hurt either that you are an absolute knockout *giggle*

Thanks for sharing your experience, Val....I'll be looking for a local RHPS production :)

tamarav
08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow! That is an excellent idea. How could you go wrong with a group like that.

When I was in school Rocky Horror played every Friday night on campus. After 389 showings I finally got up the nerve to attend dressed and never looked back since. So why not use it as the springboard in an unknown city?

Besides, you look great and could go absolutely anywhere you want. Glad you had a neat time.

Your sis,

Tami

curse within
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
That is a Brilliant Idea Valenstien!

Phoebe Reece
08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
The Rocky Horror Picture show is a great place to go dressed. I did it two years ago in Atlanta. See this old thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38573