PDA

View Full Version : Opening up to SO

justmetoo
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Well, I'll be off soon to visit my girlfriend in another town. After reading a lot of threads here I decided it's time to tell her about this side of me. I wanted to talk to her about it in person rather than try to do it over the phone or other long-distance media, and now the time is almost here.
Hopefully I'll be able to report back in a couple of weeks that all went well.

Thanks for all of the information and encouragement! :D

Annaliese
08-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Good luck, and yes we want to here the out come

tracigirl_tv
08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
You are doing the right thing, just *huggggg* All the best!

Tina B.
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Good luck! I know it's hard, but it's for the best, it is great if you have at least one person to share your feelings with, but remember after you tell her, give her time to absorb it all, and catch her breath, she will ask the questions that are most important to her, as she can deal with it, you had a long time to figure it out, but it will all be new, and maybe just a little overwelming to her. and if she excepts you as you are, stay out of the pink fog, or you can scare her off with to much to fast, many of us do, as it just feels so good to have someone to share it all with. I hope it all goes well for you!!!!!!!
Tina B.

Shelly Preston
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I hope it all goes well :hugs:

abundantly_me
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I do hope that everything works how well. She make not be over joyous of the fact, but she can never fault you for not being honest with her. Good luck!

Sarah...
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Good luck!

Sarah...

curse within
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes good luck and stay strong even with any signs of rejection don't give up make sure you are at the right place and right time.

Bev06 GG
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh good luck you brave and honest little thing you. I am certain honesty is the best way and if this lady loves you to bits then I am also certain you will be ok. Let us know how you get on and take care
Bev

KimberlyG
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Telling her in person is the best way to do it. Always be forthright and honest.:o

Mary Morgan
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
You are doing what must be done and I applaud you for it. Have your thoughts together and remember that you are placing your issues in her hands. she is entitled to be frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever, but if she loves you and you approach her with care as to her needs, you'll come out the winner no matter what. My hopes and thoughts are with you.

Di
08-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Best Wishes hon:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Andrea's Lynne
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Good for you for your honesty...and good luck, sweetie!

An accepting partner is a true blessing!!!:love::love:

Holly
08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
JMT, I'm wishing you both the best... you, the best information to share with her, the best words to explain how you feel to her, and the best confidence in yourself. For your SO, the best questions to help her understand, the best compassion for your special situation, and the best heart allowing her to embrace the total you.

angelfire
08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Good luck. I know it is hard, but hopefully she will accept you as you are. Best of luck, I hope everything goes well for you!

Angie G
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Good luck hun. :hugs:
Angie

Charlena
08-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I wish you the best. I was married almost 27 years before I told my wife and she accepted it fully. I think after all that time she suspected something. So it was not a complete shock. I am truly blessed. My best to you.

joanne anderson
08-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Good luck! I know it's hard, but it's for the best, it is great if you have at least one person to share your feelings with, but remember after you tell her, give her time to absorb it all, and catch her breath, she will ask the questions that are most important to her, as she can deal with it, you had a long time to figure it out, but it will all be new, and maybe just a little overwelming to her. and if she excepts you as you are, stay out of the pink fog, or you can scare her off with to much to fast, many of us do, as it just feels so good to have someone to share it all with. I hope it all goes well for you!!!!!!!
Tina B.

I agree with Tina . I have just lately come out to my wife of 37 years. I suppose that has helped us with this change in our married life, the love of a S/O.
I hope it all goes well for you in telling her of your dressing.

Joanne

justmetoo
08-21-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm back to say she took it very well, very understanding. We talked. I didn't press anything, but let her ask whatever she wanted. We're making plans to see each other again soon, as we do everytime we visit.

Thanks for all of the encouragement and support! :D

Tina B.
08-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Glad to hear it went so well, now move slow and let it develope naturally, you are off to a great start!!!
Tina B.

StephanieH
08-21-2008, 08:09 AM
You're doing the right thing, best to clear the air and be up front with all this, good luck and be ready to do a lot of reassuring. Take care! :)

susan fuller
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Great to hear that everthing went well. Remember communications and honestly are the keys to a good relationship no matter what. Good luck in the future and I hope it all works out for the two of you.

Lisa_M
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Great to hear!:thumbsup: I am so glad to hear that it all worked out for you, I hope things will only get better for the both of you.

PamelaTX
08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Congratulations, you've chosen the right path. Be prepared for some surprises from her and from yourself. Good luck.

NovaScotia
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I hope it all goes well :hugs:

Go to the links she provides. I asked this same question a year ago. I did all the steps recommended and I believe it saved my marriage. Our relationship is not the same, but I am optimistic that time will heal all wounds. Good luck. Try to keep in perspective that you are who you are, and denying it creates more stress than can be imagined.