PDA

View Full Version : Roommate = YAY!!!

Alan
08-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Okay, so I got my housing assignment for this year, and as a decent, courteous gentleman, I sent a cheery hello letter. For those of you who don't know, because I'm legally female, I have to room with females. At the moment, one female, to be specific.

So, naturally, the housing assignment thing gives my female name, and I wrote to my roommate that I prefer Alan.

She asks after two emails: "I know you're female-bodied, since we'll be in the same room, but do you like to be identified as a male?" And then goes on to say she'd be cool with it if I DID, she just doesn't want to say 'she' when I prefer 'he'.

O.M.G. I am going to be able to be me, Alan, around my roommate. My roommate is going to respect my wishes and refer to me as 'he'. She's not gonna say a word about my binding and packing and is gonna treat me like a guy.

This is majorly cool, peoples. I am SOOOO happy right now. This is... HUGE.

sabo10
08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Sounds great! I'm very happy for you! :)

--KP

Kieron Andrew
08-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Good for you Alan, let us know how you get on when you meet :D

Wolfie
08-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Cool Alan, sounds the beginning of a great year and a good friendship with your new roomamte :)

TracyH
08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
That is so cool.

CaptLex
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Good for you Alan, let us know how you get on when you meet :D
I second that. :thumbsup:

She sounds open-minded - and like maybe she knows a bit about this stuff. I hope you become friends - we can all use people like that. :)

Alan
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
We've been IM-ing, and she seems like a really cool person. We've been working out exactly how to respect the fact that it's a co-ed room. She has not only gay friends (heh, in MA, EVERYONE has openly gay friends, it seems) but also has a friend who is thinking maybe he's a girl, actually. So... just WOW.

I'm psyched. All I need now is to order a packy, and I am ALL set for college. Oh yeah, I probably need pens, pencils, paper, 3-ring binders, etc, too, but you guys know what I mean.

Kieron Andrew
08-13-2008, 11:34 AM
We've been IM-ing, and she seems like a really cool person. We've been working out exactly how to respect the fact that it's a co-ed room. She has not only gay friends (heh, in MA, EVERYONE has openly gay friends, it seems) but also has a friend who is thinking maybe he's a girl, actually. So... just WOW.

I'm psyched. All I need now is to order a packy, and I am ALL set for college. Oh yeah, I probably need pens, pencils, paper, 3-ring binders, etc, too, but you guys know what I mean.

Alan if shes openly supportive of you maybe she'd like to join the forum?

Ásfríðr
08-13-2008, 11:37 AM
she sounds super, chuffed for ya. i know how you feel too, i'm getting a house with four other girls this term, and one already knows about my she-ness, the other three will be cool though, i know it. can't wait to see yer posts come term time (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) heh

ZenFrost
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
That's great you've got such a cool roomie. :bg: