PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous abou this weekend

Charlena
08-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey eyerybody, I am a new member here and you all seem so nice. On my intro I said my wife and I are going on our 27 Anniversary and for the first time a couple weeks ago I finally told her ( over several days) I would like to dress and she is very supportive and really did not seem shocked or suprised. She helped me pick my clothes, she has a lot. It will be a complete dressing for me for the first time in a long time. I have never had full make up on except when I tried myself and that did not work. I feel scared but this is a lifetime dream which I had hidden for so many years. She is going to do my makeup which she is quite good at. To be honest I still feel embrassed and have a hard time with... Oh I dont know. I have a good feeling about this but frankly I am scared. Just needed to tell someone. Thanks.

Daintre
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Charlena, I certainly understand why you are scared, the good thing is you have your wife with you to help and support you. I have a feeling that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.

tamarav
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
In all honesty I still get a little embarrassed when my wife sees me dressed. This is after 25 years of marriage and me dressing pretty much constantly. I don't know what it is but her seeing me as female justs seems strange.

Your first major time out is just that, a major event. Believe me, it gets easier and it it actually starts to feel normal after a while. Having your wife do your makeup helps build a great bond since she will be taking ownership of the makeup. That should really help. You should have a great time and really enjoy being able to go out and experess yourself.

Your sis,

Tami

Charlena
08-13-2008, 10:00 PM
She is also going to do my hair which is mid back lenght I have a slight receding hairline but the rest is thick. I wore it in that manly construction worker for the last 20 years while on the job, but when I got home I would let it down and brush it out. hopefully it will look ok. She is a very wonderful woman. tears

Jaquelyn
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
The first time being dressed in front of my wife, we both about had heart attacks from nerves. All I can tell you is that it went fine, a bit awkward at first, but, in the end, no big deal. Try to relax and enjoy this, she obviously wants to, or she wouldn't be volunteering to do your makeup and hair. After 27 years, she knows you pretty well, and who better to help make this step, and share it with. Have fun.........::)

trannie T
08-14-2008, 12:01 AM
It is perfectly normal to be scared in a situation as this. Don't chicken out, try to relax a bit and enjoy. You are going to have a good time in spite of yourself.

Charlena
08-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Woke up this morning feeling lots better and all your encougagement helps alot. Tamara you are so pretty, If I look a fraction as beautiful as you I just might post a pic. Thanks to all of you. This site is a warm community.

Tina B.
08-14-2008, 07:26 AM
After I told my wife, she took me out shopping, bought me everything I needed, from the skin out. Back then I didn't need a wig, still had a lot of hair. But when it came time to get dressed, I got scared of what her reaction would be, really seeing me dressed like that, and I got very shy. But she was great, and i got through it just fine, then the next time, I was still shy but not so scared. After a while even the shyness leaves, and it just feels right.
Have fun with it, if you drink, try a glass of wine to relax, and be thankful for having an understanding wife, it sure makes life easier.
Tina B.

Charlena
08-14-2008, 07:37 AM
I do have a wonderful wife and YES I AM GOING TO HAVE FUN. I will update you all after this weekend. Now I am getting excited!:daydreaming:

celeste26
08-14-2008, 07:52 AM
In cases like this you need to redefine what you're feeling. It is not being "scared" but being excited the feelings are so close to each other that they are frequently mixed up. They also produce many of the same symptoms like the shakes and sweating, but believe me there is a mile difference.

Just tell yourself that your excited and it will go much better.

LisaElizabeth
08-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Gee Charlena, Where are you in Indiana??? Indy??? Try 'English Ivy' for dinner!! VEry friendly place!!! Then 'Talbott street' if you and your hunny are into dancing and a drag show!!! Other girls show up there, usually on the second floor!!!
Have a GREAT Time!!
Lisa E

Charlena
08-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Thats where were heading Indy. I dont think this time but who knows what the future will bring. I am getting excited.

Jenny J
08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I didn't have a SO to go out with but my first outting was with a support group and they were all very helpful and accepting. So having someone to act as a support column really helps.

Looking back on my first time out all I can remember is a wonderful time and wondering why I hadn't done it sooner.

Have fun, act as if this is what you do everyday and smile a lot. I think you'll a fond memories of your night out too.

Jen

sterling12
08-14-2008, 05:37 PM
You should feel a bit scared! Your taking the equivalent of a running cannonball right into the deep end of the pool, and you don't know if the pool has been filled or not. But, do not let your apprehensions keep you from your heart's desires!

The imaginings are ALWAYS much worse than ANY reality. Your going to go out there, be fine, and wonder to yourself: "My God, this is great!" "Why did I wait so long?"

Initially you will be in a bit of a daze, and yet hyper-sensitive to any little thing going on around you. Do me a favor, after about an hour and you start to feel yourself calming down....take a very deep breath, close your eyes just a few moments, and let the new feelings wash over you.

WOW, wasn't that better?

I'm envious, in life we only get one first time at anything. I've had mine, now you get to have yours. Please take full advantage and enjoy!

Peace and Love, Joanie

tall sam
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Thats where were heading Indy. I dont think this time but who knows what the future will bring. I am getting excited.

I have only even been out once en-femme and I know just how you feel. I was so nervous but also so excited. you very luck that your wife is going to be part of the fun. My wife is ok with me dressing in private but not so keen being seen/caught in public. I was thinking of doing to trip to Las Vegas where (I understand) everything goes.
My biggers (fem) problem is being 6'6'' - not too easy to pass even if the face is right!!

Anyway have a blast and just be a girl for once!

Sam

DanaR
08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
That is so nice that your wife is helping you, she must be a very loving person. I know that you are going to be scared, but your wife may be as well. Please be understanding of her too.

Charlena
08-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I think that is why we have been married so long. As long as I can remember had a feminine side and I think I understand her feelings and her mine. She is nervous too and I will respect her feelings.

"Mary"
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I know what you mean.

The most awkward part for me is the partially done stage. looks really weird. But things get much better after the whole package is complete.

Ah but the "illusion" I can create always seems totally inadequate to try and even think about "fooling" my wife, who knows me so well.

Good luck. Just roll with the process. It will be wonderful when it all comes together and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES. A few will be nice and will be a great reminder of what you wanted to do for so long and finally did.

jeenie67
08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi, and welcome. Hey, miles from anyone you know...who cares...it's YOUR time together to do what you mutually see fit, I'm an ex constructo joe! Born with a calibrated wrist and steel toes! Have fun and enjoy each other...Jeenie67

cosmolovesph
08-15-2008, 11:45 AM
In all honesty I still get a little embarrassed when my wife sees me dressed. This is after 25 years of marriage and me dressing pretty much constantly. I don't know what it is but her seeing me as female justs seems strange.

Glad to know I am not the only one (She is supportive) that feels this way too! :hugs:

Cristi
08-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Same here. After 23 years of marriage, I dress around her all of the time, but still feel a bit odd (and tend to avoid) going 'all the way' by doing my hair and makeup when she is home.

Until recently, it also felt odd to be walking around the house in the morning or when getting ready for bed at night with just a bra and panties on... Something about that was a little more difficult to do in front of her than being fully dressed was, but now I've done that enough as well that I'm comfortable with it.

Nicole Erin
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I tend to feel a little akward dressing around my wife, but she is kind of a smart ass sometimes.

Now for Charlena, you have a good start here. Include her into your dressing and CD life as much as she would like and is comfortable. I think the mistake a lot of us have made is we hide it or exclude our spouse from it and really, for some odd reason, women want to be included in our lives and hobbies...

So you have a good start, just keep things going well and definately let her make you up. If you tell her "no" then she might feel left out so definately have fun with it, she WANTS to help you and that is a blessing that a lot of CDs don't have.