PDA

View Full Version : How many are full time?

`Kayla`
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I was reading another post and didn't want to 'jack' it so I started this one. How many of you live full-time as a crossdresser? Meaning how many dress as a woman all the time, at work and at home? The ones with a spouse and/or kids I would really like to hear from.

Someone said they were dressed going to meetings. If you dress at work then I'll assume your employer or co-workers know you're really a guy, how did that blow over(this is open to anyone).

I'm curious as to how many spend the majority of their time dressed and how many just do it every minute of every hour. I hope I've made myself clear...I think I confused myself however.

`Kayla`
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
80 some people have viewed this and not one response?

I must be barking up the wrong tree...sorry.

jenni_xx
08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't dress full-time, but I am am "partially" femme all the time. My ears are pierced, and I often wear "girly" earrings, I (nearly) always have my nails done (french manicure), and wear big rings and bangles. I guess my hands are my biggest giveaway lol!!!!

valenstein
08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I have to qualify my answer to differentiate between full time crossdresser and full time presenting as female. I wear male clothes maybe once a week, but my daily clothes are usually women's jeans and tees and shoes that could go either way. I wear low key earrings, but do paint my toenails. I don't wear makeup unless I'm going out and usually go by my male name. Very few people notice, so is stealthdresser an answer?

RikkiOfLA
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I dress full time. I have for over 10 years now, and I love it. For me, it just feels normal now--I get up in the morning, and shave and do my makeup. I get dressed (I try to balance pretty and feminine, vs. practical and appropriate) and do my normal daily activities. It's great!

Just so you know--I am not on hormones. I am happily married and my wife is very supportive. She knew I was a crossdresser before we met.

You asked about work, family, and kids

Although I'm retired now, I worked two jobs as a transgendered woman before retiring earlier this year. In both jobs, reactions varied all over the map. Most people were supportive or didn't care. There were some who were quite opposed. They bit their tongues until the time was right then spoke out. Throughout it all, I tried to be as positive as possible. I found that meant I worked much harder than I had as a man and minded social situations much more carefully. I chose job field and employer very carefully--although I can't say that men are any less supportive than women, I know from friends' experiences that male-dominated fields such as automotive and engineering can be far less accepting. Over all, work was a very enjoyable experience--much more than it had been as a man. If you enjoy a challenge, and are otherwise secure in your career I heartily recommend it.

I will come back and finish talking about family and kids later.

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I live femme almost always when at home or at the family condo in NJ if no one else is there.Now for work,going out to a bar and hanging with our friends,I'm 100% guy.

Felicity :)

Mariah
08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm full time now since I don't work. I go to collage too. I have no problem.

Mariah

pamela_a
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I have to make the same distinction as Val. None of my clothing is male. I wear a bra daily, my nails (fingers and toes) are painted and carry either a ladies billfold or occasionally a purse. I don't wear jewelry and, except for neutral colored lipstick, I don't wear make up.

My clothing tends to be more to the androgynous side with skirts/dresses and make up reserved for a very few opportunities to get out and get away.

I'm married and have a son who is starting his jr year in high school. I've tried to keep my dressing at least toned down some for his sake and even got a hair cut. My wife says it still looks girly but it's no longer past my shoulders.

As for work, none of my fellow engineers has treated me any differently although some of the GGs have become a little more "chatty".

I tend to downplay being male and emphasize my more feminine aspects without being overt about it, if that makes any sense.

-Paula-

Sandra
08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
My SO has been dressing 24/7 for the past 4 years, she came out at work mostly was ok the odd comment, she did leave that job and got another one as Nigella in the caring community, the management and staff have been fine.

All the people we told were ok except for two, these I don't class as friends any more. Our daughter was told when she was 14 she's nearly 19 and is fine with what her Dad does.

Nicki B
08-15-2008, 01:07 PM
80 some people have viewed this and not one response?

Perhaps just none of them are fulltime? :idontknow:

Perhaps you should consider adding a poll?

Tina Dixon
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
A poll probley would have worked but my dressing is a hobby at this time.

melissacd
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I would say that at the moment I am at that in between stage. I dress femme all the time at home, I only wear female underwear, pants and tops, I have my ears pierced and wear hoops much of the time, I keep my brows plucked, I am getting IPL treatments to get rid of my facial hair, I keep my nails longer, I am growing my hair out and do not use a wig when I get fully girlied up now, I sleep in femme bed clothes, I have created a very girlie bedroom and this past week I have been 100% femme in public while on vacation. There are very few places now that I would not go dressed up, but work is one of those places. I think that if I could get the nerve to do that then I could go 100% femme.

Denise01
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I am fully femme, being fully dressed about 75% of the time.
I have not bought any guy clothes now for over 4 years, save one shirt that i had to have to go to a funeral last Feb, where people do not know of Denise.

When i am working in the summer, they do not know of Denise and have to put on a male persona, but in actual fact most of the clothes are female, and have what i classify as a gender neutual tone, Jeans, sneakers and plain tops.

I am to the point now, that i feel as comfortable as, if not better when I am out as Denise, and Have no problems at all. In fact some ladies that I know, have told me , that if I had not told them myself that I was Trans, they would have taken me as totally female.

I am hoping to re-locate within a year, at which time i plan on coming out full time.

Now when i am on Vacation, which is usually for a month in the fall and the Spring, i am totally femme 24/7 and do not take any male clothes with me at all. The only way i could present as totally male, would be if i were to buy male clothes when i am away, as I have not bought any for over 4 years have no plans on starting again.

I am female inside and on my thoughts, and love it

Denise:):):):)

`Kayla`
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I guess I was wanting to know about other courage levels cause I have none nor do have much self-esteem about myself anymore. I think it's wonderful that some of you decided to do this and live with it as a part of your life daily.

When I'm alone for any extended amount of time I dress and stay that way until I know it's time for my wifes return. Then sometimes I almost cry having to take it off...it's like I'm loosing a piece of me or someone close to me. I would never have the courage to go out into public, like to the grocery store or something like that. I'd have a heart attack right in the car sitting in the parking lot.

I have left the house somewhat dressed up and went to a drive thru...but it was really late and dark outside and I went just about 100% unnoticed I'm sure.

I'd love to hear more if anyone is willing to share more...if not I totally understand.

melissacd
08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Kayla,

For what it is worth I felt all of the same things that you feel now. I was scared, I felt heart broken when changing back, I was very unhappy in my life. Now, after years of working on deciding that femme mode is my life I have bit by bit gotten the courage to get out there in public and live my life while dressed en femme. It is not easy but it is possible. If this is really something that you want an need in your life you will find a way to get there.

Huggs
Melissa

KarenCDFL
08-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I am full time in my mind, the outside is a different matter :)

Karren H
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Never said I wanted to be full time... lol

Nicki B
08-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess I was wanting to know about other courage levels cause I have none nor do have much self-esteem about myself anymore. I think it's wonderful that some of you decided to do this and live with it as a part of your life daily.

When I'm alone for any extended amount of time I dress and stay that way until I know it's time for my wifes return. Then sometimes I almost cry having to take it off...it's like I'm loosing a piece of me or someone close to me. I would never have the courage to go out into public, like to the grocery store or something like that. I'd have a heart attack right in the car sitting in the parking lot.

See here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77559)? 390 people voted on the poll... :)

Empress Lainie
08-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I live fulltime as a woman, have my own boobs, not huge but adequate, am non or pre op, money and age reasons, health history could be a factor but unknown.

I either go braless in a tanktop (in which outfit two women called me sexy in the ladies room), or wear a 44D bra with breastforms.

I only wear male pants and tee shirt with a short blonde wig and baseball cap when I work on my cars.

My driver's license says female and my name is legally Lainie.

Farrah
08-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I know a lot of us hate labels, but if we dress full time, wouldn't we be more like transsexual. Or maybe the term would not be crossdresser. I don't know. well I'm not full time, I don't think it would be as fun if i went full time. The thrill of going in store in drab, haven't gone in femme yet, but I'm hoping, is good!!

Niya W
08-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Trying to be full time

paula jessica rains
08-16-2008, 03:21 AM
i feel that i am full time but i only dress or live as jessica rains after work and when my daughter who i get to see every other weekend i am her father paul because she is too young and she desn't understand yet and as for my spose she don't like it but we are getting a devorce but well remain good friends and roommates because i am gay and like men insted of women and in my line of work this is frond on and i have to be male around these folks because i am an security officer.........................lots of love jessica rains

`Kayla`
08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Well dressing full-time I guess was meant like asking how many SO's approve of it and let you do it.

I'm thinking that there is a large group here with SO's that know and approve of this and even take part in it...I think I might be wrong though. I know I'm not alone and I'm not the only one who has an unsupporting spouse.

susan fuller
08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
My SO lets me dress full time at home unless we have someone over that does not know and I love it. We also go to a support group together. When out of town she and I have gone to a resturant together en femme. It was great and no one said a thing. We also walked around in a city we visited and saw several couples on the street and nothing was said. With a good SO life is great.

CD Susan
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I do not live 100% as a woman but very close to it. I am single and live alone, also I am retired. I am dressed as a woman about 99% of the time. I feel that I am most comfortable living this way. I do all of my shopping and other errands while dressed and only am in guy mode if I am going to visit a relative or friend that does not know about Susan. I dreamed of living this way for many years and now that this is possible I take full advantage of it. I live a happy and fulfilling life and that is what matters most to me.

DAVIDA
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
If I am home,I am dressed. I cut the back yard the other day in all female attire and with breastforms.

Fleur
08-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Hmmm, perhaps one day FT but at the mo, just for outings to the mall and around home etc.

Sophia de la luz
08-19-2008, 01:14 AM
My wife was gone with the two kids this last weekend. Except for several hours over both days, I was in femme mode. Most of it was at home. I had bought several outfits at garage sales and was having a great time trying them on. I took a trip to Mt Shasta, driving there and back in my new clothes. I did change when I got there for shopping, but before I did I walked around in a public park. First time out in daylight for me.

I would like the option to go full time when I feel like it. I really enjoyed the long weekend to sink into the experience. A lot of relationships would be effected to go to work in skirts. Doesn't seem worth it. More likely I'll rearrange my life and introduce it at the beginning. Haven't told the kids yet. They're 6 and 2. Not sure it's a good idea.

I love dressing as a woman. It feels fabulous and authentically me. I also like being able to be a man in the world. Looking at that role and how I have designed it.

Anyhow.

Eileen
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Kayla I did not go f/t until after I became semi-retired and my wife died. Now I a living f/t and am pre-op. I have worked two different places as Eileen and have no problems either place. My self esteem has never been higher.

Eileen

EllenCD
08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
24/7 full time here for past 3 years and love it. Am a Hair Stylist and part owner of a Salon where all the operators wear matching pastel colored uniforms (smock with mini skirt plus knee soxs and tennies). :hugs:

jenalex
08-20-2008, 05:58 AM
my daily clothes are usually women's jeans and tees and shoes that could go either way.

Very few people notice, so is stealthdresser an answer?

me too :happy:

people might notice but not so much that they need to say anything

Tina B.
08-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Not full time, but all the time I want! After a few days as my female self, I enjoy getting back into the male role, but then of course, after a few days as a guy, I can't wait to slip back into a skirt, and blouse, go figure?
Tina B.

marny
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
:drink::drink:if we were full time we would be ts or tg, cd is more of a hobby. just fun but not the whole juice! :drink: :devil: