PDA

View Full Version : Something to identify with!

fempsyche
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't it be a totally unique thing if we could all thing of something that we could all identify with as code for transgendered, crossdresser or whatever. Something that is meaningless to those not in the know.

A Bracelet or ring - something almost like the irish claddagh ring - where it one way, your still in the closet, the other your out of it. Now I know it could not be the claddagh ring, everybody already has one. Shoot it could be something we all could make from beads, string or something.

What's your opinion? Any ideas? There's alot of us here with very creative minds I'm sure.

Maybe something is already out there and I'm just ignorant to it, in that case please let me know.

Otherwise - just chime in

Dragonfly
08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm guessing you mean similar to the gay hankie code (whether thats real or not, I am undecided!).

Hmm...could lead to some very very embarrassing mistakes! :D

tricia_uktv
08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Aren't we better off out of the closet? Won't that improve life for all of us? But I'm not against it becauseit may help others get there. It needs to be noticeable though (and thats the problem). I would go for something like a necklace, but I don't really know.

valenstein
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing you mean similar to the gay hankie code (whether thats real or not, I am undecided!).

Hmm...could lead to some very very embarrassing mistakes! :D

Yeah it would have to be something very specific to keep those mistakes from being made, but once it gets specific, eventually that symbol would be out among the public in this internet world.

The closest thing I have is my painted toenails. When I was nervous about it, I used to just say that my gf did it one day and I just kept doing it (which was the truth).

Angie G
08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
A pink & blue ribbon like they have for Cancer Awareness maybe. :hugs:
Angie

deja true
08-14-2008, 08:25 PM
How 'bout this? Subtle enough?

trannie T
08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Let's see, we want something that will identify us as crossdressers to each other but will allow our crossdressing to remain hidden from others. Good luck.

Melinda G
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
How bout a secret handshake? :D

Butterfly Bill
08-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Walk around the clothing store and see if there is a man there using a tape measure.

Mirani
08-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Mascara on one eyelash (left eye for gay CD and right eye for straight) and wink at each other .....

Genifer Teal
08-15-2008, 05:01 AM
How about long hair, pierced ears, and perfectly manicured eyebrows? That usually tips me off (and tips people off to me).

Gen

valenstein
08-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Walk around the clothing store and see if there is a man there using a tape measure.

LMAO! I thought I was being covert when I did that!

fempsyche
08-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Take a look at this site
http://www.pinkypals.net/

Karren H
08-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Or a tee shirt.... saying

"I'd rather be wearing a dress than this stupid tee shirt"?

or a secret pink decoder ring??

Alice B
08-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd like to see a ring design that is subtle, but with a design that we would recognize.

Joy Carter
08-16-2008, 07:41 PM
And if we did come up with such a sign, in time others would know. Like the male pierced ear thing. Left or right. Gay or strait.

Julogden
08-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Bright red lipstick should do the trick. ;-)

Carol

Raychel
08-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Or a tee shirt.... saying

"I'd rather be wearing a dress than this stupid tee shirt"?

I think you may be on to something there Karren
I would wear that T-Shirt. :devil::devil:

fempsyche
08-17-2008, 08:34 AM
And if we did come up with such a sign, in time others would know. Like the male pierced ear thing. Left or right. Gay or strait.

I not to concerned with that part of it, word getting out, more so a pride thing. Say it was a pinky ring or something, not all that common, but something to identify each other with. It would provide an oppurtunity to toss a smile their way, a way to show greater acceptance and support. The more known it becomes the better, for instance, it may help in finding that special someone to spend the rest of your life with, who knows

Katheryn
08-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Wouldn't it be a totally unique thing if we could all thing of something that we could all identify with as code for transgendered, crossdresser or whatever. Something that is meaningless to those not in the know.

How about just a secret handshake?....<giggle>

Kate

How bout a secret handshake? :D
ROFL Melinda......

GMTA! You beat me to it, hadn't read down far enough to see your post.

hugs,
Kate

CharleneT
08-17-2008, 09:43 AM
How 'bout this? Subtle enough?

no ... maybe a flay we carry ? LOL !! Love that hat !!

You know, a swingers group I belong to had some of those rubber bracelets made - like the Lance Armstrong thingies - they were glow in the dark and say "plays well with others". So pretty mild mannered. You could do something like that.