PDA

View Full Version : The Blues

AbbyLee
05-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi girls,

Every now and then I get just a little blue, not depressed, just down in the dumps. When this happens to you; what do you do to ' snap out of it'

Thank you in advance for your ideas and thoughts

AbbyLee

Wendy me
05-21-2005, 08:40 PM
dress up ......go through your things....go shopping....come here.....yahoo.....

just a thought.......

StephanieCD
05-21-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm doing it right now - I'm REALLY not doing so hot lately.

I do a little something nice for me and dress up.

I bought a cheap pair of pretty earrings - one more thing I was missing... feels nice. Next a wig.

Hope you're ok :(

Sweet Susan
05-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Smoke a joint, drink some wine, and listen to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones

Cathe TV
05-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Pour a nice single malt or small batch bourbon, fire up Music match and listen to some music with headphones, kick back ......

Sharon
05-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Smoke a joint, drink some wine, and listen to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones

Or better yet, how about some Son Seals or Hound Dog Taylor? :)

Stormgirl
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Go thrill seeking,all you need is a parachute and a nice building. Ok ok thats a little too extreme. =X

serenade
05-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Just remember what a wise fool once said....
"Every man and every woman is a star"....
You are stardust hon'
Of course The Beatles,Stones,Hound Dog Taylor et al will help... I find J S Bach and Howlin'Wolf make a good duo to raise my spirits (so to speak!).
Take care
s
xxx

Imogen_Mann
05-22-2005, 03:10 AM
When I'm feelig down ? I put on some music, then I go to my closet. I open the closet and I get out some real fancy lycra-wear, and a pair of really tight shoes, then I get out a nice long length of very strong rope.... and a lot of shiny metal loops and clips... I find me some some protection, and some small but essential mechanisms I wont be without....

And I go rock climbing.

Nothing like it for bringing things into perspective.... or for freeeing your mind up from the troubles you have. When your climbing... You think about the climb... Not the tax man, or the boss, or the state of the world, just the climb.
And hey.... it's NEVER too late to go climbing, and almost anyone can do it.
:thumbsup:

Maddie Knight
05-22-2005, 04:02 AM
I go out on my mountain bike. Nobody with me, not even my mobile. Just me, I can go anywere i want with nobody to bother me. :)

Priscilla1018
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Well,I used to drink but that only made it worse,Quit that three weeks ago.Listening to music helps,I like the blues.Howling Wolf,Lightning Hopkins,James Cotten,Muddy Waters,B.B. King,Mississippi John Hurt,etc.I also like to log on here,there are many who never fail to make me laugh;Julie York,Amelie,Wendy Me.Just thinking about my sisters makes me smile and brightens my day.Listening to a sisters problems and offering help means a lot to me.
There are days when nothing works,when my depression gets to me and I am incapable of doing anything.Those are the days for an extra dose of tranquilizers,whatever gets you through the night.Thankfully those days are becomming more rare.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Holly
05-22-2005, 12:41 PM
AbbyLee,

Take out a piece of paper and write down ALL the things you are grateful for... and don't leave ANTHING out! I find it puts things in a better perspective when I can see it all written down. Then go put on a nice dress, some music, and pour yourself a glass of chablis as you enjoy your blessings.

SilkenPrincess
05-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi girls,

Every now and then I get just a little blue, not depressed, just down in the dumps. When this happens to you; what do you do to ' snap out of it'

Thank you in advance for your ideas and thoughts

AbbyLee

Go for a nice long walk in the botanical gardens. The flowers are beautiful! They stand out there through rain, wind, and blazing sun, yet they never lose their beauty. Flowers can be an inspiration to me. And they smell soooo good, too. BTW, ever consider the fact that a flower is a sexual organ?
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Priscilla1018
05-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Go for a nice long walk in the botanical gardens. The flowers are beautiful! They stand out there through rain, wind, and blazing sun, yet they never lose their beauty. Flowers can be an inspiration to me. And they smell soooo good, too. BTW, ever consider the fact that a flower is a sexual organ?
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Yes and most flowers have both male and female sex organs present at the same time.HMMMMMM Very Interesting.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla