PDA

View Full Version : club

Samantha Thomson
08-15-2008, 12:57 AM
got a question for you girls i am thinking about trying out a new gay club that crossdressers go to but my question is should i check it out in male mode first or go as a women any help please all responces welcome

samantha

trannie T
08-15-2008, 01:24 AM
ou will be OK when going to most gay bars. If this one is already frequented by crossdressers it must be accepting of us. Several years ago I made the assumption that all ga bars would be crossdresser friendly. The one I chose to go to was a leather bar. I got served, I received no evil stares but I was not really made to feel welcome.

Samantha Thomson
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
the one im thinking about going to has drag shows so i think it be all right maybe i should call them and see what they say and check there page on the internet

Joni Beauman
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
A few times I have called to ask if tg folks are welcome. I have gone into some without calling, too. Typically, I have been ignored. It is nice to feel welcome, but that is not always the case anywhere. Joni

suzy cool
08-15-2008, 02:46 AM
If you go in male mode you can check out the parking, where the exits are and the toilets and see for yourself how accepting they are (or not) before putting yourself in an awkward position.

Di
08-15-2008, 03:09 AM
If you go in male mode you can check out the parking, where the exits are and the toilets and see for yourself how accepting they are (or not) before putting yourself in an awkward position.
I agree with above....anything that will make it more comfortable for you is the way to go and since you were thinking about going in male mode first then thats what I would do.

Genifer Teal
08-15-2008, 04:46 AM
I wouldn't waste my time going in male mode. I'd actually feel more out of place that way. You might want to glam it up a bit more than usual to fit in better. Gays get drag more than they get trans and I think they may not get CD at all. (by "get" I mean understand) Dress however you want. It won't matter much. You most likely will be ingnored.

Gen

stevie b
08-15-2008, 05:43 AM
I went to a gay bar here in the uk with a CDer last week to check it out, I was in drab. Worked ok for me, will not be to put off by going dressed.
Not sure if it's usual but they tell me everyone is ok with CD's but a few Lesbians have a problem with us.
xx

Melissa A.
08-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Not sure if it's usual but they tell me everyone is ok with CD's but a few Lesbians have a problem with us.
xx

Yeah, there's a lesbian place near me, and on the ladies room door, the owner has posted, "Genetic Women Only". She may as well post "Trans not Welcome" on the front door. Obviously, I don't go there. Most gay places are safe, albeit not always real friendly. However, I have found that the person behind the bar usually is, and may even direct you to someplace where you may have a little more fun. That has actually happened to me, in the past.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

IMJenn
08-15-2008, 08:26 AM
This is something I wish I could do, but I'm young enough that I would need ID to get into a bar or something like that. My picture on my license looks nothing like me when I am Jenn...

valenstein
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Any time I've gone to one particular bar on drag night, I always felt welcome. I have gone to the same bar on other nights and was welcome, but felt a little out of place.

CharleneT
08-15-2008, 09:50 AM
A few times I have called to ask if tg folks are welcome. I have gone into some without calling, too. Typically, I have been ignored. It is nice to feel welcome, but that is not always the case anywhere. Joni

My experiences are about the same as Joni's ... the most likely thing is that they will ignore you. I will say that the staff are usually very friendly to me though. If you go to a gay bar in drab, remember they'll assume you are gay ... then get confused when they see you next :eek:

AmandaM
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I never had good experiences at the gay bars here. They weren't bad experiences, but I was pretty much ignored. Once some guy groped me. I would rather go to an accepting les bar or a straight bar. The best is a dedicated drag club.

Alice B
08-16-2008, 07:41 PM
The first time I went out dressed was to a gay bar that TG's frequent. I went on the wrong night as every other Saturday was the normal night, but I had no problem and everyone treated me well. It took a hugh amount of guts to go, but I was very happy I did it. The next time I went on the correct night and was accepted openly by the regulars. I can't wait to go again, which will be in November. Bottom line - go for it.

SweetCaroline
08-16-2008, 08:26 PM
You might be interested in this thread I started a long time ago...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62995

I would say, it wouldn't hurt to check it out in male mode first, especially if you've never been out before, just to know your surroundings. GLBT clubs vary from my experiences, but most of them these days tend to be respectible.

TxKimberly
08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I travel the country for my job and OFTEN go to clubs for the first time "dressed". I've never had a bad experience. There have been some where TG's were clearly rare and unusual, but I've never had someone be rude to me.

Samantha Thomson
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
yea i decided to go all dress up going wear a nice jean skirt black nylons heels black bra grey blouse red lipstick blue eyeshadow macarre purfume and see what happens im going w a lesbian friend so we should be find so we will see what happens oh she tells me ill have to use the ladys room lol

samantha

KarenEdwards
08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I have gone to several "gay" nightspots as Karen and never had a problem. Years ago, I used to call ahead and ask whether I would be welcomed but the inevitable answer was, "sure, come on in."