PDA

View Full Version : Stand up and be who you are

Veronica 1
08-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Just read the post on trust and who you can with the secret of who you are and I just have to say that the people out there that do not know will probably not care. I got busted by my neighbor tonight and he wondered why I would dress the way that I do. I thought about it for a moment and then asked him if he liked bacon. He said yes, he did. I then asked him why he liked it. He replied that it tasted good. I asked why it tasted good and he said just because it did. I replied that I dressed the way I do for the same reason, just because it felt good to me. He thought about this for a moment and then replied that it was not the same thing but I said that it was due to the fact that it was an ingrained response to a pleasurable action, the taste and flavor of bacon activated the pleasure nodes of his brain in the same way that the feel of satin and silk activated mine. I do not think that I really convinced him but at least I have got him thinking about it. It is not in who we trust, but who we can convince to accept us. I realize that this will not hold true to all but to those whose job and life do not depend on it stand up and bring our cause to life, we need more exposure so that we can be accepted.

Tiffy
08-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Congrats for having the guts to face him and I know how you feel. Each passing day brings me closer to not caring what others think. I know I keep pushing farther because I am tired of hiding.

Tiffany

Bethany_Anne_Fae
08-17-2008, 03:14 AM
You'll also find that as you get out into the worl, the more you do it, the less you care what others think.
Its quite liberating!
Zara

kay2
08-17-2008, 05:35 AM
What you said! Your answer is brilliant in its simplicity.

Angie G
08-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Good response and nicely put Veronica did he seem to have a problem with your beind dressed. :hugs:
Angie

Shelly Preston
08-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Sometimes the simple explanations work best

Veronica 1
08-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Good response and nicely put Veronica did he seem to have a problem with your beind dressed. :hugs:
Angie

Yes, he is a punk that is in with the local bikers and is on that he-man macho trip. He mellowed out when I pointed out that at least I only dressed at home and not out where his kids could see me. The only reason he caught me is that I opened my back door to check out the neat bird in our tree and he was standing just out of my line of vision from my window.