PDA

View Full Version : Fun day Sunday

MonaSmith
05-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi all,

Sorry for the shameless 'me, me, me' nature of this thread but I am having a good day today and I wanted to share it with you all.

As some of you may know I had a bit of a wardrobe crisis a while back and fell very out of love with all my clothes. Due to financial and work stuff, Mona had to remain without clothes for a while, making do with looking frumpy and uncomfortable in very ungirly stuff. Well it's all changed now.

A few weeks back I went to a big, local department store, which was having a closing down sale and got a couple of new t-shirt bras and matching thongs, which all cost me less than one of the bras was originally priced at. I do so love a bargain. I loved looking through the racks and was even tempted to ask to try one of the bras on, but chickened out at the last moment, as I didn't have my breastforms with me at the time. I got a few funny looks from some of the other customers, a somewhat scruffy looking guy looking through the bras, on his own, is bound to raise a few eyebrows I suppose, but I had a blast. When I got home I tried on the bras and they were perfect, the best fitting bras that I have ever owned. And so Mona starts her new wardrobe.

A few days ago I got an email from a company called Long Tall Sally, saying that they had a warehouse sale on this Sunday morning (today) from 10:00am til 4:00pm. Long Tall Sally do clothes for tall women, their clothes are perfect for me as I have long legs and arms and standard fitting women's clothes just aren't long enough, but they are quite expensive normally. So I got up early this morning and went down there on my own. I got there about 15 minutes before the doors opened, and found a huge queue of tall women waiting there. There were a few men there there too, husbands and boyfriends, there to carry stuff, none of them unaccompanied. I felt a bit conspicuous and almost bottled it and went home, but I decided to just face it out. I'm so glad that I did.

The doors opened and the beautiful, tall, long-limbed women turned into raging psychopaths bent on getting a bargain at all costs. I dived in with the rest, elbows and fists flying. After the dust had settled and I had managed to fight my way out, via a checkout, I had got my hands on a really cute new pair of dark blue, bootcut jeans, a black, fitted, stretchy t-shirt, a grey, pin-striped, knee length skirt, a soft white, long sleeved jumper with a pretty beaded neckline, and a light grey, jersey skirt with a hanky style hemline. It all came to £35.00, and I couldn't wait to get home to try them on.

I got home, and showed them to my Mum while a made a cup of tea, to calm my frazzled bargain hunting nerves, and then went upstairs to try them. I was ready for disappointment, but everything fitted perfectly, and I was so pleased that I went downstairs and modelled them all for my Mum. I wasn't fully made up, but I was in wig and breasts, the first time that I had been mostly girly in front of her. She loved all the stuff and said that it suited me and that I looked good in it all. I know that Mum's have to say that stuff, but it made me feel great anyway. Later on she gave me a t-shirt, that she had bought last week, that was a bit too tight for her. It is a purple, fitted, stretchy t-shirt that fits me perfectly too. She probably wouldn't have thought to have offered it to me if I hadn't shown her the one I just bought. I am sooooo having a good day today. I have been walking aound the house all day in my jeans, t-shirt, wig and boobs, and if feels fab.

Mona has the beginings of a cute co-ordinated wardrobe now, Trinny and Susannah would be proud. I just have to get a cute belt to go with the jeans, oh and some new girly trainers.................a jacket would be good too......a new bag.......... :D

If there is a point to this thread, other than me dying to tell someone how great my day has been, it is that you should all go out there and go shopping. Nobody cares that you are buying womens clothes and the nervous and uncomfortable feeling that you get at first is far, far outweighed by the happiness and sense of achievement felt when you put on the clothes and look in the mirror.

You all deserve to feel as good as I feel today, so go out and treat yourselves.

Love Mona xx.

DanaJ
05-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi Mona - that sounds so fabulous and I am happy for you! There is nothing wrong with a 'me-me-me' thread, especially from such a sweetie as you :)

DanaJ

Wendy me
05-22-2005, 09:02 AM
oh soooooooooooo happy for you girl freind huge con grads on your shopping trip....
shoes ??? did you get any shoes???? ok well it sounds like you had a real good time ..
and i hope that you have manny more trips comming up ...

you rock ...shop on ......

Julie
05-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Mona off course there's nothing wrong with a 'me-me-me' thread, just wish there was more of them when they contain such fantastic news of someone getting all those bargains (even though you kept it to yourself until after the event :) and making most of us so jealous).

I think the best part though was your mum giving you the t-shirt and I should imagine that meant a lot to you too.

Anyway congratulations and I hope the rest of Sunday continues to be good for you.

JJ

Priscilla1018
05-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi Mona,

It's always a pleasure to hear about sisters having a good day,or should I say a great day.You are so lucky to have a Mum that understands and that you can share with.I hope the rest of your day is as good as the beginning of it.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Andrea
05-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds like fun.

I have yet to go on a girly shop but intend to do so soon with a female friend so that I can play the disinterested boyfriend, but everything will be really for me ! ;)

Glad you had a good time. :)

Holly
05-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Mona, what a terrific day you are having! Sounds to me like you were, "born to shop." Is there a trip out en femm in your near future? You have the wardrobe!;)

Julie York
05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Ah so that's where you've been! Good for you. I can imagine once you got going you would have been as much of a bargain hound as the other women frothing at the mouth and barging people out of the way.

Glad you got all the things would wanted.

And it's about time you did a me me me thread. You're too quiet.

Catch you later!

Sigrid
05-22-2005, 10:32 AM
What a wonderful story Mona! Thank you for sharing it with us.

You all deserve to feel as good as I feel today, so go out and treat yourselves.
O.k. damnit I will! In your honor, I'm going to plan a shopping day this week. And, if a sales clerk should happen to ask who I'm shopping for, I can honestly tell them, "for Mona."

~Sigrid

MonaSmith
05-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi girls,

Thank you all for your kind words.

Dana, thank you hon, I wasn't so sweet when I was barging women out of the way of my bargains, lol. Full contact shopping is quite an experience.

Wendy, I just tried on all my old shoes and, while some look okay, I really do need to get some more to finish the outfits off. It's such a shame. ;)

Julie J, it never occurred to me to say anything before, I'm so sorry. I always think that we are all so far away from each other that it wouldn't be practical to announce these things on the forum. For future referrence if you go to http://www.longtallsally.com and sign up they will email you advanced warning of the next one.

Priscilla, my Mum is the best in the world, I am lucky, thank you.

Andrea, get shopping girl. If a girlfriend makes you feel more comfortable then that is fine, but people really don't seem to care who you are buying for as long as they get your money.

Holly, I don't think that I am quite ready for that, I still have a lot of shopping to do. Going to Long Tall Sally dressed would be quite a good thing to do really, as I was dwarfed by a few of the women there, so fitting in would be a lot easier, not ready for that quite yet though.

Julie York, Yeah I gave as good as I got in the scrum. I may not have been the tallest girl there but I have the upper body strength of a bricklayer and have been trained in ninja shopping techniques, so I held my own. :D

Sigrid, you can shop in my name as much as you like as long as I don't have to foot the bill, have fun on your shopping day, and don't forget to tell us all about it afterwards.

Love Mona xx.

SilkenPrincess
05-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Wow Mona!
Sounds like a full, exciting day! If I had been in your shoes, the best part of the day would have been the part you spent with your Mum. She sounds like such a wonderful woman. I'm very happy for you, girl!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Andrea
05-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi girls,

Thank you all for your kind words.

Andrea, get shopping girl. If a girlfriend makes you feel more comfortable then that is fine, but people really don't seem to care who you are buying for as long as they get your money.

Love Mona xx.

Thanks Mona, I guess your right but I would feel better with a 'girlfriend' in tow. I have bought things in the past but generally at Christmas, Valentines etc when its more 'acceptable' for a man to buy female clothes. Guess it all comes with confidence.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Andrea xxx

MonaSmith
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi there SilkenPrincess,

My mum is the coolest, I'm a very lucky girl.

Hi Andrea,

I'm sure that once you start shopping with your friend you will have no problems with confidence. Good luck honey.

Mona xx.

Amelie
05-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Mona that was soooooo cool. I would love to go shopping with raging psychopaths, this sounded like so much fun. Sort of like slam dancing while you shop.

I am glad you posted the fun time you had.

Love Amelie

MonaSmith
05-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Mona that was soooooo cool. I would love to go shopping with raging psychopaths, this sounded like so much fun. Sort of like slam dancing while you shop.

I am glad you posted the fun time you had.

Love AmelieHi Amelie,

Slam dancing was exactly what it was like, it was first come first served and everyone wanted to be first!! It was a lot of fun and very rewarding. I'm so going to go again next time.

Mona x.

Sharon
05-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Very cool Mona!! This is coming from someone who avoids crowds like the plague. :)

Tristen Cox
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm very happy for you Mona, what a great day. And a terrific mum you have as well. Long post but well worth the read. Thanks for sharing:)

Andrea
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi there SilkenPrincess,

Hi Andrea,

I'm sure that once you start shopping with your friend you will have no problems with confidence. Good luck honey.

Mona xx.

Thanks Mona

Andrea XXX

Fiona K
05-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Ah Shopping!
I thnk I should list it under HOBBIES on the profile page!!

Fantastic Mona, I'm so pleased for you

Fiona
xx

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi Sharon, I'm not usually too good in crowds but when there is a bargain to be had, my Scottish blood takes over and fear goes out of the window. :D

Hiya Tristen, and thank you, it was a bit long winded but I had to get it all out for fear that I would burst with happiness which would not be a pretty sight.

You're welcome Andrea, see you in the sales soon hon.

Fiona, always there for me, even when you are jet setting around the globe, Thank you sweetie. How was your weekend? ;)

Love Mona xx.

ashleyk
05-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Mona, I love bargain shopping. At first when I was shopping for myself, I was scared to go to a womens sectoin to look for clothes. Now a days, its no problem. Glad to hear everything fit and looks good.

Fiona K
05-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Fiona, always there for me, even when you are jet setting around the globe, Thank you sweetie. How was your weekend? ;)

Love Mona xx.

You know the story Mona, I'll keep the rest of the girls in suspense for a wee while yet, got to go and do my wife's nails for her!!
:)

see: http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3064&page=4&pp=25

Fiona
xx

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi there ashleyk, thank you, shopping is fast becoming my new hobby.

Fiona, you can be such a tease!! Just make sure that you wait until my thread has died before posting yours missy, as it is sooo much more important than mine is and I don't want to share the attention!! (ooh now who's a tease!!)

ashleyk, Fiona K, you're not related are you? :D

Love Mona xx.

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you had lotsa fun :D so wheres the pics then hmm??? *stamps feet* =)

Don't make me come down there and spank you :p

Julie York
05-23-2005, 05:19 PM
(cough)

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Sounds like you had lotsa fun :D so wheres the pics then hmm??? *stamps feet* =)

Don't make me come down there and spank you :pWell, I am bending over right now honey, come and get me if you like. ;)

Mona x.

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, I am bending over right now honey, come and get me if you like. ;)

Mona x.
*gets out paddle* now your really for it missy!!!!!

*sorry Tammy... but she's asking for it*

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 05:29 PM
*gets out paddle* now your really for it missy!!!!!

*sorry Tammy... but she's asking for it*Oooh call me missy again while you do it though, I like that. :D

x

Julie York
05-23-2005, 05:31 PM
FILTH!!!

FILTH!!

Where's a Moderator?

Oh crap.

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Oooh call me missy again while you do it though, I like that. :D

x
Hijacking you're own thread Mona!!!!

LOL... Missy Mona... you will be =) =) =)

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Hijacking you're own thread Mona!!!!

LOL... Missy Mona... you will be =) =) =)Hey, you started with the spanking thing, I just did what I was told, you are a super mod, I know my place Mistress :p

x

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Hey, you started with the spanking thing, I just did what I was told, you are a super mod, I know my place Mistress :p

x
Oh goodie.... where is that again :confused: :confused:

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh goodie.... where is that again :confused: :confused:My place? it's down South honey.

x

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
My place? it's down South honey.

x
:eek: is it sweet down south =)

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 05:56 PM
:eek: is it sweet down south =) Well there is only one way to find out, come down and sample the delights that the area has to offer.

x

Julie York
05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Filth!!!

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Well there is only one way to find out, come down and sample the delights that the area has to offer.

x
Is that an invitation??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Is that an invitation??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:You are always welcome to come down to my area and linger for a while sweetie, it would be my pleasure to have you here.

x

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 06:03 PM
You are always welcome to come down to my area and linger for a while sweetie, it would be my pleasure to have you here.

x
Well as long as I get a taste of the nice things.... that's good with me :D

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Well as long as I get a taste of the nice things.... that's good with me :DI'm sure that I can find something to tickle the inside of your mouth and give you something nice to swallow.

x

FILTH!! (I thought that I would save you the trouble Julie and I wholeheartedly agree)

Tamara Croft
05-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sure that I can find something to tickle the inside of your mouth and give you something nice to swallow.

x
Nice cup of coffee and some choccy biscuits... sounds yummy :D

MonaSmith
05-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Nice cup of coffee and some choccy biscuits... sounds yummy :D But of course hon, what else could I have possibly been talking about? :D

Lova mona x.

Fiona K
05-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Whew!!
It's amazing what you all get up to when old birds like me are long abed!!

To quote Julie:

FILTH!!!!!!!!

Fiona
xx

ashleyk
05-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi there ashleyk, thank you, shopping is fast becoming my new hobby.

ashleyk, Fiona K, you're not related are you? :D

Love Mona xx.

No, she is better looking than me.....

Fiona K
05-24-2005, 08:26 AM
No, she is better looking than me.....

Doubt it Ashley!
Fiona
xx

Sarah Ellis
05-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Tut tut, girls..... Its filthy in here.. Where's that adult thread, it cleaner than this one... lol

Good fun really I know....

Satin xxx

sophie/girl
05-24-2005, 08:42 AM
some girls are so lucky it takes months to find something that fits nice
i am so happy for you
love sophie
oooooxxxxx

Tamara Croft
05-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Tsk tsk!!!! You lot and your filthy minds..... =)

MonaSmith
05-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Tsk tsk!!!! You lot and your filthy minds..... =)I wholeheartedly agree Tamara, there are some very naughty minded girls here.

Fiona you shouldn't put yourself down hon, old bird indeed, out of ten, I'd certainly give you one ;) FILTH!!!!!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and for keeping my fun day going for a lot longer than 24 hours.

Mona xx.

Andrea
05-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi there SilkenPrincess,

Hi Andrea,

Mona xx.

Update !

Going shopping next month, looking forwards to it very much ! :)

MonaSmith
05-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Update !

Going shopping next month, looking forwards to it very much ! :)Yay!! Good for you honey, I hope that you enjoy yourself and get yourself something pretty and impractical. ;)

Love Mona xx.

Julie York
05-25-2005, 02:23 PM
My computer doesn't seem to be working Mona. I can't see any photos of you AT ALL! on this thread. Why is that do you think?

I was so looking forward to seeing your new red skirt and pink top.

:rolleyes:

MonaSmith
05-25-2005, 02:44 PM
My computer doesn't seem to be working Mona. I can't see any photos of you AT ALL! on this thread. Why is that do you think?

I was so looking forward to seeing your new red skirt and pink top.
:rolleyes:You know life does happen even when there isn't photographic evidence of it. You'll get pics, if and when I am good and ready honey, and not a moment before. :)

Pink and red!!!! Not even in your dreams!!!!

Mona x.

Tristen Cox
05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Naaa, I think you're just making us sweat. :whistle:

MonaSmith
05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Naaa, I think you're just making us sweat. :whistle:Would I do a thing like that???? ;)

Mona x

Julie York
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
You know life does happen even when there isn't photographic evidence of it. You'll get pics, if and when I am good and ready honey, and not a moment before. :)

Pink and red!!!! Not even in your dreams!!!!

Mona x.

Wooooooooo!!!