PDA

View Full Version : I am getting careless

Veronica 1
08-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Maybe I am just having a bad day or I am getting really careless. Early this morning I had to go out and get cigarettes and I was just out of the parking lot on my bike when I realized that my hat did not feel right and discovered that I was still wearing my wig. This afternoon I was heading to the grocery store and while waiting for the light at the intersection 2 blocks from my house I realize that I still have my forms on. In both circumstances, I am in drab. I am either getting really careless or my subconcious is trying to tell me that it is time to go out and enjoy life en-fem. I really do not think that I am ready to go out yet but maybe my cowardice is something that is holding back my progress. I have no real fears about being discovered, I mean, I am who I am and totally accept that fact, but there is still that social stigma that holds me back. Maybe if I was better at my makeup and if I had different glasses I would feel better about it but for now I still cower in my house and wish that I looked better.

Jenna Lynne
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I have dreams in which exactly that happens. I couldn't actually tell you whether they're good dreams or bad dreams.

If it's happening in real life, and happening more than once, I would really suggest you talk to a professional. I can think of two or three reasons why this might happen, none of them healthy.

Without knowing a lot more about you, nobody could say. But I hope you won't take it amiss if I suggest some possible causes, simply so you can rule them out in your own mind.

It could be evidence of Alzheimer's. It could be the result of excessive drinking and drug use. It could be the result of unconscious anger -- anger at yourself or at the world. Or it could be none of the above!

That's why I think you need to talk to a trans-friendly psychologist.

If your conscious decision is that you're not ready to go out -- that you need to learn more about makeup and stuff first -- then there's probably a reason why your unconscious is not cooperating.

***Jenna Lynne***

Amy Hepker
08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Go For It, Go for the GOLD!!! You are just holding yourself back and you know you want to do it.

CD Susan
08-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Veronica, I have done this same thing quite a few times lately. I think the reason this happens is I feel so comfortable with my dressing that it feels natural to me thus I forget to remove some things at times. I have been dressing for 50 years and just three months ago went out for the first time. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Veronica 1
08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I have dreams in which exactly that happens. I couldn't actually tell you whether they're good dreams or bad dreams.

If it's happening in real life, and happening more than once, I would really suggest you talk to a professional. I can think of two or three reasons why this might happen, none of them healthy.

Without knowing a lot more about you, nobody could say. But I hope you won't take it amiss if I suggest some possible causes, simply so you can rule them out in your own mind.

It could be evidence of Alzheimer's. It could be the result of excessive drinking and drug use. It could be the result of unconscious anger -- anger at yourself or at the world. Or it could be none of the above!

That's why I think you need to talk to a trans-friendly psychologist.

If your conscious decision is that you're not ready to go out -- that you need to learn more about makeup and stuff first -- then there's probably a reason why your unconscious is not cooperating.

***Jenna Lynne***

Of all of your suggestions I would have to go with the exessive use of alcohol, and possibly oldtimers but I really think that it is because I am so tired of hiding in my closet and want to go out but I fear the consequences that could ensue. I am not passable and have a face that would stop a Mack truck but maybe not Kenworth but the point is that if I were to go out there would be no hiding the fact that I am a man in a dress.

Alice B
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Sounds like some senior moments.

shannonsilk
08-18-2008, 11:01 AM
In my opinion, it's ok if they know you're a guy in a dress as long as they're not sure which particular guy. If they can't say, "hey isn't that ...?" then you're ok.

Excessive alcohol use can be caused by the stress/need to dress or hide the CD'ing.

janexx
08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Veronica,

If nobody niticed then you must look great! Think on that.

Best,

Jane

Vieja
08-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I have to agree with Alice B. I have senior moments all the time but not like yours of course. Mine are more like going into a room and forgetting what I am there for.

Vieja

kimberly ann487
08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I believe, and I got this from a profesional, than we sometimes do things unconsiously that deep down we really want to do but our inhibitions prevent us from doing them. I wanted to come out to my wife only so not to keep up the lies but never did. However she found out through some clues I left around subconsiously. The result of that is another story.:sad: So anyway I think you should go with you true feelings, the ones in your heart unaffected by the outside world.
KIM:love:

Claire3
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Lifes like that.When taking my dog out a while back realised id not tucked my chemise inside my trackie bottoms.Dont think i got spotted,it was quite early.:)