PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination going out in Public!

sissystephanie
08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I never really thought much about the way people discriminate about some things until today. Yesterday I went out to a local mall wearing a pair of ladies short shorts, open toe sandals, and a tight tee showing off my natural 40 B's! (eat your hearts out!). Never got even a second look!. Today I went back to the same mall wearing almost the same outfit. The only difference was that I was wearing a denim skirt the same length and color as the shorts. The looks, and whispered comments that I got!!! The funny thing is that the shorts showed more upper leg then the skirt, and actually did expose my panties when I bent over. I know because I checked them in a mirror. The skirt did not do that!!

So why the heck is wearing sexy ladies(very obviously) short shorts O.K. for a man, but the skirt is not?? That really is discrimination!!

Not that I really care! I wear what I want to wear where I want to wear it. Except around my children. I long ago made a vow to my late wife that I wouldn't do that and never have.

So what comment do you ladies have about this?

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Zenith
08-18-2008, 10:00 PM
If you are fem in both outfits, then it's probably you ran into a different group of people (jackasses) the second time that's all.

:2c:

KateSpade83
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
No, the "man in a skirt" look is a social shocker!

Sandra Dunn
08-18-2008, 11:05 PM
It is posible that the skirt was considered not age approbiate. Unfortunatly the older we get, it seems, the skirt must get closer to the knees. As in shorts, well, as long as the legs have shape show em. Go figure. Zenith does make a good point about the crowd being different.

Joy Carter
08-18-2008, 11:45 PM
"Pay them no mind. They were probably abused as children."

Seriously. I'd think by now this wouldn't be a problem, for someone who has been dressing as long as you have. Or am I mistaken about that ? :D

Tracii G
08-18-2008, 11:51 PM
You know I'd say just a different crowd.
I've been wearing womens jeans for several years and my straight male freinds have gotten used to it I guess.They have never said anything.
When out with the girls they always want to take me shopping which I love just as much as they do.
I have had some jerks make some asshole comments but the girls tell them to FO.

Angie G
08-19-2008, 12:59 AM
If you don't care it really doesn't matter hun you love what your doing it makes you happy so you go girl. :hugs:
Angie

Joanne f
08-19-2008, 04:01 AM
I have often thought about this, if i was to go into town in a pair of short shorts no one would say anything yet if i went in a long skirt they would go bananas.
At the moment it is in fashion for the girls to wear very short shorts with black tights/leggings and no one bats an eyelid, yet if a girl wears a short skirt that is longer than the shorts you will see people looking and even commenting on it , i personally can`t understand why but i wonder if it has to do with the potential of what could be shown while wearing a short skirt.

joanne

Katrina
08-19-2008, 05:32 AM
but but but....skirts are for....girls! A man can't wear a skirt. That is just wrong. I mean, think of how that affects other people's marriages. Now it is skirts, tomorrow it is high heels...when will this craziness end?!?!?! </sarcasm>

Seriously though...if you are wearing a skirt to the mall, you obviously don't really care what other people think...just do your thing and take pride in the fact that you have the guts to be different.

Magickman
08-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Kartina wrote:

"skirts are for....girls! A man can't wear a skirt. That is just wrong. I mean, think of how that affects other people's marriages. Now it is skirts, tomorrow it is high heels...when will this craziness end?!?!?!"

===========================

Does that mean I will get in trouble for going to the mall wearing a skirt and heels? Even if they are cute heels?

obsessedwithpantyhose
08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
didnt you know ALL skirts come with a silent siren that goes off if they are worn in public???

i get the same reaction, if i wear the same womans top with suntan pantyhose shorts and sandals in public no one notices,,but slip on a skirt with the rest the same and its "all eyes are on me" :brolleyes:

shannonsilk
08-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I see guys wearing short shorts. They just seem to be people who never got on the fashion trend of long baggy shorts. I mostly just think of them as guys who are out of fashion.They may be CD's, but I doubt it.
A skirt however makes a different statement. It says, I personally refuse to conform to the rules. IMHO.

Emma England
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
There have been articles recently in the media about men wearing skirts.

It is just a matter of time before it is mainstream fashion.

docrobbysherry
08-19-2008, 11:16 AM
That you, or anyone, could be shocked by that reaction to a man in a dress!:eek:

Magickman
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
shannonsilk wrote:

"I see guys wearing short shorts. They just seem to be people who never got on the fashion trend of long baggy shorts. I mostly just think of them as guys who are out of fashion.They may be CD's, but I doubt it.
A skirt however makes a different statement. It says, I personally refuse to conform to the rules. IMHO."

======================================

Long, baggy shorts are ugleeeeeeee!

I have a great collection of Daisy Duke shorts, that allow women to oogle my legs. Wearing a skirt of the same length, does get very different reactions, though.

CharleneT
08-19-2008, 12:12 PM

Could someone please speed up the clock on this !!!! :Pray:

gennee
08-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Just keep doing what your doing.

Gennee

:)

Emma England
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM

Check out these two links and see for yourself.

http://takeajump.blogspot.com/2008/08/manly-men-wear-skirts.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/worldview/2008/08/skirting-around.html

sissystephanie
08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
"Pay them no mind. They were probably abused as children."

Seriously. I'd think by now this wouldn't be a problem, for someone who has been dressing as long as you have. Or am I mistaken about that ? :D

Joy, It is not a problem at all. I really don't care what they think or say! It just seems kind of strange that a skirt, which BTW looks very much like a pair of shorts, could make such a difference in attitude. And the crowd was pretty much the same kind of people. In fact, some of them were the very same people as the day before. I am pretty good at remembering faces, and know that some them were the same.

Sissy/Stephanie

sissystephanie
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
It is posible that the skirt was considered not age approbiate. Unfortunatly the older we get, it seems, the skirt must get closer to the knees. As in shorts, well, as long as the legs have shape show em. Go figure. Zenith does make a good point about the crowd being different.

I know I am, at least biologically, 76. But my legs and most of my body are those of a woman in her forties. I have, on numerous occasions, won leg showing contest competing with women. So I never give a second thought to showing off my legs in public in a feminine way. However since due to the death of my wife I now never wear a wig or makeup, I am always a feminine man!Take me as is, or don't look at me!:tongueout

Sissy/Stephanie

P.S. She did the wig and makeup for me!

Joanne f
08-20-2008, 03:17 AM

Just what i was thinking , as i feel like i am running out of time :Angry3:

joanne

karynspanties
08-20-2008, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE=sissystephanie;1401948]I know I am, at least biologically, 76. But my legs and most of my body are those of a woman in her forties. I have, on numerous occasions, won leg showing contest competing with women.

Sissy/Stephanie

Ummm, yeah. Right

Nigella
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Just what i was thinking , as i feel like i am running out of time :Angry3:

joanne

Are you two in the closet, hiding away from Joe Public? The clock will only speed up and move on when more of those who hide away when really they want to be out and about, get off their a***s, stop waiting for others and just get on with it :Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

Empress Lainie
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Whoppee sissystephanie, I am in the same boat with you, glad to find someone else 70+ that feels and look 40ish.