PDA

View Full Version : Honesty please

janexx
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Dear all,

I have just posted my first ever portrait on my board, not my avitar.

I would entitle it "The Matron". The only plee I can make is "The Matron" has passed a few times in public - probably with a bit better make up.

Girls, have a look, is there any hope for me?

Love to you all

A desreate,

Jane :eek:

Laura Jane
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Very hard to pull off the look with short hair, but passing is as much about confidence and attitude!

tricia_uktv
08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Very hard to pull off the look with short hair, but passing is as much about confidence and attitude!

Agree 100%. Jane, there is hope for us all. Enjoy the journey and make sure you have fun. Good luck, hugs

Bethany_Anne_Fae
08-19-2008, 04:34 PM
You asked for honesty and I say, YES, without a doubt you are in the game. You are past the HOPE part because you look and dress the role. As the above posters have said, the whole picture can be summed up when you are confident in yourself, relaxed, and carry a positive attitude.

Don't be shy, You are already there.

*hugs*
Zara

tamarav
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I think you look perfectly grand. Many of the ladies I work on in the salon do not have the feminine attributes that you do. Your short hair looks very feminine and there should not be any fuss about going anywhere you want.

Have a ball!

Your sis,

Tami

Nicki B
08-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Looking at your profile, you look fine - I guess it depends what you want to achieve - hope for what? :D

'Passing' and 'Blending' is impossible to really tell from a photograph, because a lot depends on the body language and movement - try videoing yourself then critique that.

Shorter hair seems to me to fit very well with a 'matronly' age group? :)

Veronica 1
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
The look is good and the matronly flavor is only enhanced by the black and white photo, I like it. As stated, a lot of it will be the actions and confidence that you portray more-so than your looks. Study the women in the streets and you will see that they come in all styles of looks and yours will only be another flavor in the smorgasboard of womanhood.

carolyn todd
08-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Hello jane,
jane some of us can look like a matron and carry it off well,
some of us can look like young women and do it well,
a lot of us don't think we will pass as women but in our eyes we do.

jane how about you go to a shopping mall take a seat and watch the
women go by look at there faces what they are wearing,"don't stare"
at them its rude and you would not like people to stare at you
would you now.
in your other clothes that is.

good luck
carolyn xx

PS let us know how you got on.

MsJanessa
08-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Actually depending on your height, I think you could pass quite well, if that is your objective. If you are say 5'10" or less and don't care to wear high heels, then I'm reasonably sure that you would blend in anywhere without a second look. BTW My objective is not so much to pass as to take peoples breath away and make them wonder about Me---I guess I would rather be an object of desire as a TG person than pass as an ordinary gg---but hey that's just Me.

Chari
08-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Jane, You've got that "classic woman" look and IMO are very passable! As others have stated, observe what other women in your age and size are wearing, including makeup and accessories. Don't over do makeup as most "matronly ladies" usually add very little color to there timeless beauty. Always be comfortable and confident in who you are!

DonnaT
08-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Hard to tell with a B/W picture. However, if you have no beard shadow, then I would say you'd blend in pretty well.

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I think that you come off just fine and are dressed age appropriate or whatever that means. You would have a hard time selling the image in a mini skirt and fishnet stockings but you do well in this pose.

Cary
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
You look very nice to me.:)

Nicole Erin
08-23-2008, 12:47 PM
From the photo, you look good. The hair is actually quite femme looking. I think the shorter hair [styled femme of course] looks better than what long hair would on you.
The clothes are tasteful and age appropriate.
Your face shape is not real masculine.

Really, I don't know what you are worried about.

Thing is, you will get mixed feedback on a CD forum just because since you have told us, we know your CD and may look at things a bit different. Anyone who is not CD would not real likely question your gender. They would just see another woman. YOu would blend in well.