PDA

View Full Version : Lifes little changes

Veronica 1
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
To start, I have been dressing for just a bit over a year now and came out to my son and his wife when they moved in with me shortly after that so I am not used to hiding my things around my home. They moved out on me shortly after we moved to a larger house and I have been having a tough time of it financially since they left and so I have been placed into a position that I have to bring in a roommate until the end of my lease when I plan on moving to something more affordable. So, on September first, a co-worker will be moving in with me and he has no idea about my hobby. He is open minded (seemingly) but I have no intentions on trying his trust with it as it could make life unbearable at work and I like my job. Hence, I will be going into hiding and I am sure that I will have many close calls. It should be an interesting six months.

Nikki Cox
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Best of luck.......but how about under dressin during the day and sleeping enfemme.

Joy Carter
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Get a lock on you bedroom door............:thumbsup:

susan fuller
08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Good luck and be real careful. A lock on the bedroom door is a good idea. I have one and use it when we have company. I love to sleep in a long silky gown.

Di
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Hang in there 6 months is doable:hugs:. Like the girls suggested put a lock on the bedroom door...maybe do it now so it isn't all a sudden there and have him wondering.

Veronica 1
08-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Best of luck.......but how about under dressin during the day and sleeping enfemme.

I do both every day (if I ever get hurt at work there will be some shocked people but as I am now sitting a computer all day I cannot see that happening) and when I get home it is skirts and forms but that will have to change to jeans and tanktops, I guess. A lock on the door is an excellent idea. My main worry is that I am such a scatterbrain that I will leave some sort of evidence in the bathroom and my main peeve is that there will be no more red fingernails on the weekends. Laundry day could be fun too. :D

sandra-leigh
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Laundry day could be fun too.

I wonder if my mother-in-law has noticed yet that the clothes she sometimes helps fold contain a bigger variety of panties (and more colourful ones) than she ever sees my wife wear? :o

Veronica 1
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh, dear. I just realized, what do I do about my hand wash, hang to dry delicates that I usually do in the kitchen sink? Carrying a bag of bras and hose to the bath might raise some suspicions. :doh:Washing my wigs could be interesting too.

Angie G
08-20-2008, 09:56 AM
6 month I don't know if I could do that good luck Veronica. :hugs:
Angie

shannonsilk
08-20-2008, 02:29 PM
quote It should be an interesting six months.

Ain't that the truth.

Nicole Erin
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, does anyone at work have any idea you dress or are you deep closeted?
If people at work already suspect, then a "coming out" would not be a big thing. I know cause some of my co-workers know what I do. I probably work around a rougher crowd than you do, being that I am not at a desk. I seldom hear anything about it and never catch hell. [I don't dress at work]

Anyways, However you decide to handle things, if you are discovered, just don't treat it like some big shameful thing.
"Yes that is mine, I don't normally go around advertising that I dress en femme so if we could just keep it here and not at work" is a better response than "Oh god, look, please don't tell anyone about this..."

I don't think you realise this but our being CD is something that gets real hard to hide. I mean look at all the femme stuff we have, everything from hygiene to clothes to maybe websites or books we look at. We bleed of CD-ness.

Plus, 6 months is a long time to supress this. I would go nuts if I could not wear ANYthing pretty that long.

Just mentally prepare for it in case you do get caught. Maybe your room mate will ask or maybe someone at work, but don't go into shock if someone says something about "Yeah your room mate said he found fake boobs when he was looking for..."

KayR
08-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Is this co-worker the only tenant you can get? I would have thought that letting agencies would be able to find you someone compatible with your lifestyle?
Do you get on well with this co-worker? If he (she?) is a decent person with their head screwed on, they will think very carefully before outing you - they would end up homeless!!