PDA

View Full Version : Don't throw out a shoulder or snap a bra strap but.......

Katheryn
08-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Give yourselves a pat on the back.

I have been reading this site long before I registered, as a matter of fact, I was doing the reading to see if I even wanted to be a member here. I've been reading newsgroups, forums and such since before the internet was really around (yeah, yeah, I'm an old broad.....) and this is the first site I've seen where everyone seems to truly care about one another. I love it!

I have not seen one flame war, I've seen criticism, but it always seems to be directed in a way designed to help the person. The replies to posts and questions are always thoughtful and with longer historied (I am NOT going to say older) members giving links to other past threads on similar topics with no rancor about not researching a subject thoroughly enough, as I have seen on other sites.

We have people of every sort here, T*'s, CD's, gg's... folks of all different backgrounds with one commonality, the horrible act of dressing in the clothes of the other birth gender, whether they themselves or an SO.

You are all so sweet and helpful, I am glad to be here among so many wonderful folks.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled forum reading.

Hugs,
Kate

Jonianne
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree. I have only been here a couple months and I have found some great friends, learned a lot and have been able to express a lot of stuff that I never had the opportunity to do so in the past.

There are so many wonderful caring people of all types here and I love it!

sterling12
08-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Gosh, didn't know that we were so civilized! Further proof that you can teach old dogs new tricks. Thank you for your kind words, and I imagine I am speaking for everyone!

A lot of us work very hard at contributing thoughtful dialog. IMHO, this may be the only site that gives us a national/international forum. In my three years around the place, I have learned more, got involved more, participated more, than at any other time in my life.

I defy anyone who spends any time here, to not become more accepting of a transgendered lifestyle. Of course that includes ourselves, but it's also true for S.O.'s, those who are curious, and just folks who want to learn.

This is a very special place, and the best part is that WE created it! I hope that it lasts forever. I would like to think that we are building something that will be a place of acceptance and shelter available for The Gurls who will comprise future generations.

Peace and Love, Joanie

erickka
08-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Kate, I agree with you. I have been here about year, and everyone from the moderators/administrators on down , are a teriffic bunch of REAL people.

susan fuller
08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
I have been here a short time and find the group and the moderators to be of great help even if I mess up a bit. I hope you will continue to enjoy your stay here and that I will learn a lot from you.

Joanne Carlisle
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I've also only been here a short while, but I still remember the first visit to this site and how liberating and affirming that experience was.
The acceptance and warmth of the members toward others posting is a great example of human compassion.
The world would be such a better place if acceptance and compassion was taught as a basic human skill. Bigotry is taught rather than innate. If you know any teenagers, you've seen they're much more accepting of alternative lifestyles, a better generation is coming.

janexx
08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Give yourselves a pat on the back.

I have been reading this site long before I registered, as a matter of fact, I was doing the reading to see if I even wanted to be a member here. I've been reading newsgroups, forums and such since before the internet was really around (yeah, yeah, I'm an old broad.....) and this is the first site I've seen where everyone seems to truly care about one another. I love it!

I have not seen one flame war, I've seen criticism, but it always seems to be directed in a way designed to help the person. The replies to posts and questions are always thoughtful and with longer historied (I am NOT going to say older) members giving links to other past threads on similar topics with no rancor about not researching a subject thoroughly enough, as I have seen on other sites.

We have people of every sort here, T*'s, CD's, gg's... folks of all different backgrounds with one commonality, the horrible act of dressing in the clothes of the other birth gender, whether they themselves or an SO.

You are all so sweet and helpful, I am glad to be here among so many wonderful folks.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled forum reading.

Hugs,
Kate

I could not agree more! Been on other sites - horible! This one only seems to have love and help and encouragment.

Love to you all,

Jane

Pamela Julie
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
This place is made up of real people, not show types or divas. We are one very large family that always care how everyone else feels, and we feel for them whenever things don't go well. I have been cheered up when I felt low. I have been helped when I had a question. I love to help others whenever they need help. This really is like a family.

Pamela:)

suzy
08-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks Katheryn!

That was a very sweet commentary!

I have also noticed the same thing! We do care about one another and we know that it isn't easy doing hat we do, so we all pull together to help each other out! That's cuz... "we're special!"

It is nice to know that it is noticed and recognized! I love this forum and every member here is my family!:love:

PamelaTX
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes, isn't this place a treasure? I can't believe how lucky I am to find you people. Thank you for being who you are.

Julogden
08-22-2008, 08:46 PM
It is good here, but you should have seen the forum we used to have where news and (gasp!) politics were often discussed and argued (an understatement) about. Things often got pretty heated there, that's why that forum is gone.:sad:

Carol

Katheryn
08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
and (gasp!) politics were often discussed and argued (an understatement) about. Things often got pretty heated there, that's why that forum is gone.:sad:
Carol

I try not to discuss religion or politics.... it's usually pointless and doesn't lead to anything but arguments. A well reasoned post isn't going to change anyone's mind, so it's just a waste of time.

Kate

Sarah Doepner
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
And may I mention that some of the success might just be due to the fine moderators who help keep some of us on target and manage the threads? Thanks to them as well as the other regular contributors who challenge us to really think about what we are doing and how it fits in our lives.

pamela_a
08-23-2008, 09:05 AM
You are so very right Katheryn. I found this place about a year ago and the girls here are wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to post this and remind me to say Thank You to everyone here for the help and encouragement I've received here.

Here is a big :hugs: to everyone.

-Paula-

Tina Dixon
08-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks but I'm still going to snap your bra strap:heehee:

cdsteph
08-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I can't agree more.
no politicking, just great advice with a caring attitude.

I am still amazed that there are so many of us, as I thought at one time that I was alone on the planet with my femme side.

You all have given me more confidence and a greater enjoyment of life in realizing that our common interest is not a rare freaky quirk, but a normal expression of self.

Unfortunately as a society, we are a bit retarded and often need to keep our normalcy to ourselves.

shame....

You GO, Girls!

Andrea's Lynne
08-23-2008, 10:09 AM
I couldn't agree more with all that's been said here, but feel compelled to add another thanks to our wonderful, stupendous, lovely and talented moderators, who work so hard to keep this site going strong (and in the way we're all drawn to it)!

From the bottom of my heart, "Thank you ladies!":love:

Daintre
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Andrea, thank you for the kudos, but I just have to step in here and remind us all that there are 2 very fine gentlemen here who work hard keeping the place decent

Capt Lex...Super Moderator

ZenFrost.....Moderator

Also hats off to all the guys and gals here for playing nice and respecting others.

Vivian Best
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the reminder Kathryn, I've been around some time and I've failed to thank those that put the site together and those that maintain and those that moderate. I say my heart felt thanks to each and every one of them for a great clean site.