PDA

View Full Version : I am so done

JaytoJillian
08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
My marriage has been on the skids for the longest time (well before my admission/confession/spilling the beans about CDing). The question is how to know when you're really done. I am happiest when she's away, and walking on eggshells andfull of dispair and dread when she's around. I have totally withdrawn emotionally, but the daily insults hurt. Being told that I should be ashamed of myself, that I have real problems, etc. This usually happens in front of my child, or on the phone at work, so I feel powerless to fire back. I know for sure that if I leave, she'll out me to my friends and family. However, I am begining to care less and less about that fact. I am by no means an innocent bystander, but I DO feel like I am the sane one here.

Totally sad,

Jill

Nicki B
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
My mom always told me love is not when you can live with someone, it's when you can't live without them? IME, that's very true.

I know a couple (one is TS) who have split up more times than I have fingers - but each time they find themselves back together again, so they obviously have something, as well as a lot of anger.. :rolleyes:

fun4metoo2004
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
It sounds to me like you have made you mind up to split. You don't deserve to be insulted, or abused. Call a lawyer and get it done. No one said it will be easy, or painless. It will get worse before it gets better, the important think is to remember the child is the important part.

Once you do that you can get on with your life. Don't be ashamed, I think you look fantastic. I am very jealous.

Me, I stuck out my marriage for as long as it took to get custody of my child. He is 18 now, and I have been divorce for 11 of that.

Have not found a love interest yet, but, I do feel so much better for doing it.

Good luck

Megan72
08-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Jill -- I am sorry to hear about your situation. I know where you are and I am there as well. Please keep it amicable and try to not hate. it is not easy, but it is best. :hugs:

docrobbysherry
08-20-2008, 06:53 PM
It sounds exactly like my marriage. She kept talking and demanding and puting me down. After therapy, I found out I was building up tremendous resentment by not fighting back. ( For the same reasons as u.) Taking the therapist's advice, I stopped taking her crap. But, I got huevos too late. She couldn't handle it. Our marriage was soon over. If there's any love left between u two, I can recommend therapy!

As far as her outing u, she probably will, and blame that for your breakup!
I think u have two directions u can take; come out first, or just deny it!

U seem like such a nice person, I hope u come thru this difficult time OK. Remember, everything passes with time!

Holly
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
So what is the source of your wife's anger, Jill? I don't condone her methods and certainly having discussions about your's and hers relationship in front of children is not at all appropriate. Perhaps remembering what it is that attracted you to her in the first place and working from there? And, as you said, "I am by no means an innocent bystander..." So what would you change about yourself to improve things? If there is to be any change, you need to start having some honest (and hard) discussions. Whether it means you stay together or not, the air needs to be cleared. Best wishes.

Amy Hepker
08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I am sorry to say That is exactly what I went through with my X-Wife. She told me she was going to tell everyone, so I went out and told my best friend and I told her that I was telling people, she about died. She was saying it to get me to quit, she did not expect me to tell anyone, then she was so embarassed to be around him. You see my friend said "so you are my friend" he did not care. You might be surprised at the results from telling people.

But anyway back to her. The thing is how long can you take being put down for something that is only hurting her. You want to know the truth, she is the one who needs a therapist, not you. That is if she wants to keep the marriage together. She is just trying to get you to quit. Are you going to quit??? Can you quit??? For how long??? I am sorry but you are going through a living hell, I have been there I know.

You have to make your mind up about what you want. I do know it is a matter of seeing your child grow up and paying child support. There are a lot of things to think about, but you are not crazy, you are human and she is treating you like, well I can't say that. She is just trying everything she can to get back at you and she will keep on unless you do exactly what she wants.

The choice is yours and it is not easy. You can tell her you will go to a therapist if she will, and you pick the therapist, don't let her pick, you make the call, don't let her. You tell him/her that your wife cannot accept you and your CDing. If she tells him/her that you want to dress like a girl and need help, then you will be in for a bad ride.

lisa_vin
08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Jill! I know exactly how you feel!!!!!! The insults, screaming, ugliness, humiliation and threats of divorce had me in the most depressed state of my life. The passing of time seemed to ease all of that but it left us in a state of uneasiness, unhappiness and stagnation. Seeing a therapist is what saved our marriage. In fact, my wife is the one who insisted so I made a point to choose one that listed cd/tg issues as one of their strengths of experience. I also made sure the therapist was a female for both of our benefits.

We now reside at the grudging acceptance/tolerance level.....obviously light years from where we were. She "understands" my cd'ing need but doesn't like it. I can underdress daily as long as she doesn't see it but only fully dress when neither she or our daughter are home.....about 3 to 4 times a month. Unfortunately, our marriage suffered irrepairable damage. We love each other but are no longer "in love" with each other. She shows visible signs of stress and unhappiness daily and I know the cause without having to ask. I, on the other hand, just cannot forget all of the ugly things she said to and about me and the way she treated me as a subhuman. I harbor lots of unhappiness and uncertainty as well. I can and have forgiven her but I can't forget and it still eats at me.

We are still married.....we have a 13 year old daughter which probably keeps us together more than anything else....but I can't see happiness and harmony ever returning so I think, in both our hearts, if it weren't for our daughter, we would both be much happier divorced. So I guess the bottom line is, "Do you still love each other......are you better together or apart.....is it worth saving and can you at least reach common ground and go forward from there"? I believe counseling will help you both decide if it can or should be fixed. I just don't think that WE made the right decision.....we let "for the sake of our daughter" dictate that! Wish I could help you more.:sad:

Hugs,
Lisa

susan fuller
08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I agree that comunication is the key. Sit down with her and try and find out what the real problem is and if it is not resolveable tell her that outing you would do more harm to your children than hurt you. If she is honest with you and you with her you may be able to work it out where you are both winners. If it is the CDing you might have her read some of the treads and she may come away with a better point of view.

Zenith
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Jill, is CDing a source of the problems or just a convenient way to hurt you? Are you distancing yourself because of it?
Do you think if you didn't CD everything would be OK or would it be something else?

Take care of yourself...let us know how you are doing.

:itsok:

AmandaM
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Take steps now to protect yourself if it doesn't work out. For instance, don't let her have access to your pictures, etc. Then if it comes down to it, she can only damage you so much.

charlie
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
When people divorce all sorts of things are spread about the other partner. Most people take it all with a grain of salt. It won't be nearly as hard as you think.

Monica Marie
08-20-2008, 09:58 PM
"I am happiest when she's away, and walking on eggshells andfull of dispair and dread when she's around."

Been there Jill.. I've been divorced since December. The best nights
sleep I have had in ten years was the night she left. I love my life now
and my children live with me by choice.. Good luck to you on what looks
like hell to you now. When you get to the other side of it you will be at
peace.. My ex still tries to push my buttons.. I have let her go so she no longer hurts me. You are beautiful. Do not let her make you ugly with her
threats.

xoxo,
Monica Marie

Celeste
08-20-2008, 11:03 PM
It really sounds bleak.I don't think I could trust her with anything further.With the threat of being outed by her looming, it has to be nerve racking.Maybe try not to make any permanent decisions while rattled and consider your little one first.

PamelaTX
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't know what to say, except to say that I'll pray for you. I do think that communication is the key. It seems when couples stop communicating, because either one or both spouses refuse to do so, that things go bad very quickly after that.

I wish you the best.

Drucilla
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
I am truly sorry that you find yourself in this place. It's going to be tough but if you decide to leave , you will get through it. Just don't be naive about how vindictive a spouse can be in this situation. Expect a long, ugly fight over every aspect of the divorce. Good luck and hopefully your situation will play out better than mine. In the end, if you are not happy now it will be worth all the trouble.

JaytoJillian
08-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks, EVERYONE for the replies, advice, support, etc. With regard to counseling, we have checked that box several times. Each time, it has ended when the counselor "took my side," or was in some way perceived as being biased toward her. But it's not just the counselors, mind you-- ANYONE who does not agree with her no matter the issue is considered to be an offender of the worst kind. My best friend no longer calls the house-- he only calls me via cell. This guy is one of the most rational, open-minded guys I know, yet he is persona non grata because he decided not to use some advice she had dispensed regarding childcare.

Speaking of childcare, part of the reason I feel that I can't leave is the fact that I am afraid to leave her with my daughter-- the insults and belittling tones are received by both of us, and I often step in when she starts to browbeat that seven-year old angel. Needles to say, this is like putting fuel on the fire, and she typically goes into a rage, screaming at me at the top of her lungs. She has put her hands on me inappropriately, and when I tell her to stop, she taunts-- in 17 years, I have NEVER gotten physical with her during an argument. I was raised right, thank God. My mom also raised me to place happiness at a premium as long as yours doesn't come at someone elses expense (I don't flaunt my CDing in front of her. My clothes and accessories are not kept in the house, aside from my makeup stash, LoL). Yet I have stayed in this marriage year after year for all of the wrong reasons. I was ready leave after a year when she had a TOTAL meltdown about me wanting to get together with a few close friends (all guys) to send a buddy off to war by hoisting a few beers in his honor. I didn't stand up for myself and I didn't go to see him off. Luckily that friend didn't come home in a bag. I would have never forgiven myself for not standing up to her.

I have had the pleasure of serving my country in some fairly hairy places, and as a result, I don't sleep as well or as much as I should. Part of me is still "over there." However, I dont see bad guys around every corner, I dont typically have nighmares (that I remember) and I dont have any problems with society in general. Nonetheless, she has "diagnosed" me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder-- no, she is NOT a doctor of any sort, nor has she studied psychology beyond the same basic college courses that everyone who chooses to go to college gets. During arguments, I usually try to break contact, and she follows me from room to room screaming things like "you PTSD a$$h0le!" I find this funny because I know how calm and relaxed I am by nature. It takes quite a bit to set me off. And even if I were some stereotype of a "crazy vet," I know that I deserve better than that.

It's almost as if she's trying to make me think I am nuts. Please keep in mind that this was happining long before I got in to CDing. "Jill" was born in the summer of 2006, and my wife didn't find out about her until 2007, when I confessed to this unique hobby. "Confessing" is one of the few things in my life that I regret, and that's a very short list. Perhaps I created Jill to make up what I was missing in my life-- a loving, fun woman who is understanding, caring and sweet. Those are some of my basic rules when I am en femme, and I make it a point to never be rude or bitchy when I'm out and about.

I'm about out of steam, but I totally feel better about being able to share what's going on. Thanks again for listening.

Jill

ReineD
08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Stand up and take care of yourself now! I was a doormat all of my married life. I became stronger too late. Today I lost custody of my son. He will move on Sunday 2,000 miles away to be with his father. I do not know how I will live without him.

DanaR
08-21-2008, 03:10 AM
It is time to see a lawyer, get custody of your daughter. It sounds like your wife has some problems.

Fab Karen
08-21-2008, 03:25 AM
What feels best is a good gauge- if you have daily stress, dispair & dread around her, it probably is a sure sign that it would be bad to continue. As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over & over & expecting a different result. Letting go of a relationship can feel quite hard, but after you do it, there comes a sense of relief.
As someone else suggested, talk to your friends about yourself first. Any that would walk away from you because of it weren't friends to begin with. Of course get some legal help ( & discuss how your wife is with the child ), but there are people here you can talk with about the emotional aspects.

:hugs: K.

Jonianne
08-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Jill, I hurt so much for you. I have been there.

Get in therapy for your own sake. You have got to be able to take care of your daughter and yourself. You and your daughter do not deserve abuse of any type.

My ex also threatened to tell everyone and probably did. So I ended up telling the most important people in my life and that part worked out just fine. The next time she threatened me to tell someone, I told her I already did. That put an end to that.

Leaving was one of the best things I did in my situation, because it wasn't long before both my boys came to live with me. It was so good for them to have a place of peace for the last years of their high school.

Share your heart when ever you need.

karynspanties
08-21-2008, 05:28 AM
If your happy when your not around her and miserable when she is around. It's time to leave. She is going to out no matter what. It is what it is. Lawyer up and start moving on with your life. Life is too short to spend it with someone like that. And using the kids as a reason to stay is a cop out. They know when mom and dad are having problems, they are not blind. It ends up causing more problems for the kids. Move on.

paula jessica rains
08-21-2008, 06:39 AM
i am going throw the same thing as you like take last night i am at work and my soon to be ex-wife pulls up and says you killed my husband now i have no one and if i decid to become jessica full time and become the woman i know that i am i well destory my daughter like i did paul, is who i am when i am at work because they frown on my life chose but its for a while long enough for me to get the funds i need to get the reasighnment surgery all i did was let her vent i am pround of who i am and when my daughter is older then 9 years old i well tell her the truth about me until then grils my sisters pray for me and i well do the same..............love your sister jessica rains

gagirl1
08-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Being told that I should be ashamed of myself, that I have real problems, etc. This usually happens in front of my child, or on the phone at work, so I feel powerless to fire back. I know for sure that if I leave, she'll out me to my friends and family. However, I am begining to care less and less about that fact. I am by no means an innocent bystander, but I DO feel like I am the sane one here.

Totally sad,

Jill

being the product of a broken home with a gay father, i can somewhat understand what your children may be going through. just be kind to them no matter what. take care of them and they will look past whatever they consider strange and just love you for who you are. my father came out in the 90's when it was still taboo. i lost many friends over it, and me and my father lost touch (not b/c of that, but other issues), but i always knew he loved me. it's hard for a child to grow up in a household that is so different from the norm. show them care and love and they will never forget that. if your marriage really is over, and i'm incredibly sorry about that, believe me, then all that's left is the kids. i stress this to anyone who is getting divorced: it's all about your kids. they are the most important thing you could ever hope to do in your life. i know you'll do the right thing. when they grow up and understand, they will appreciate you more than ever. they will realize the hardship you went through on top of raising them. much hugs and kisses to you, i truly hope everything turns out for the best.

Bev06 GG
08-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi Jay,
Im very sorry to hear that. It is always very sad when a relationship comes to an end because invariably you have been through such a lot together and you have so many memories.
It is always very difficult though for people to advise on forums because they only have one side of the story and even if we did have both, we are not marriage councellors so would be daft to even attempt to do so.
I have seen things from both sides of the coin and it can be very difficult from both perspectives whatever the problem might be. Like Nicki has very wisely pointed out, sometimes you can't live with them but neither can you live without them.
I have been through very testing times with my SO and mostly related to CDing. The amount of deceit and heart ache is sometimes almost too unbearable to deal with especially when you want to support them but are kept out of certain areas and lied to. But hey if you love someone enough to accept them unconditionally then you carry on and give it your best. I guess if they went too far you'de lose self respect and maybe then its time to re evaluate things and seriously consider your options. Sounds like thats were your at now. I wish you well and hope that you come to the right decision for both of you.
Bev

Mollyanne
08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi Jill, After reading and re-reading all the posts concerning your problem I have come to the conclusion that your SO is trying to force you into a situation of physical abuse and by that I mean striking her so could have you arrested on assault or domestic battery(depending on where you live) I realize you are smarter then that but I also know that everyone has a limit. Reading between the lines I think you are almost there!!! A few of the girls have suggested to see a lawyer and YOU SHOULD just to see where you stand legally. Actually when your SO screams at the child she is committing abuse and you could write all of this down should you ever need documentation. I feel for what you are going through and no one should have to be subjected to any kind of threat(s), demeaning accusations or any other negative harassment.

:love: Mollyanne

~Seana~
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Jay here's some advice from someone who's been there/done that right down to the verbal humiliation and abuse.

First: get some money together for a place for you AND YOUR CHILD I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD THERE OR SHE WILL GET DEFACTO CUSTODY. If that means not paying the house bills for a month or so first, do it.

Do Not confront her. Do not let her know you are leaving. Instead take care of practical things, like daycare arranging daycare for your child when you leave, setting up an apartment with basic furnishings ( If you arent taking it with you and have to get it, buy at goodwill and store at a friends or rent a storage she doesnt know about until the day you leave...basics like beds and pots to cook in. You can fill around.

As a spouse you have 50 % co-custody. No police officer is going to take your child from you if you have the basics to provide without a court order. If you leave your child with her though she gets defacto custody, you will likely end up paying support, and in order to change the situation will have to prove in court that changing custody is in the childs best interests. This is not always easy to do, I'm currently going through it ( I've case conference on wed)

As a prior step...go to legal aid if you qualify or stash money for a lawyer if you dont. Remember your responsibility to the bills of the household she lives in stops the moment you have decided to leave.

Be prepared to have all credit cards or accounts in your name closed the day before you go. Already have a residence established at that point. Close out or disconnect any utilities in your name the day you plan to leave.

Dont pack anything until the last possible minute . Consider that it's done and live like that from this moment on but to all outward appearances appear to be carrying on and trying to make it work.
I've been through it . I had friends commenting for years, not knowing how much of my Ex's and my relationship was BDSM related and how much was just abuse, though certain that both existed. I'm betting she has jealousy issues, and women are quick to pick up clues, so get done what you have to on a cell phone and dont disappear for too long period of time or she'll think you're having an affair.

Just get it done. I've seen clues in your posts for some time. You're doing the right thing. Life will go on ( 2 years later I'm remarried to a wonderful girl/guy Tobie/Tierganshaw from this board). You know what you have to do, now is the time to do it. Be heartless. And if you need a friend, feel free to message. It's not an easy thing but you will likely look back in a year from now, and say it's is posatively the best thing you ever did.

Huge hugs.

Amanda

AKAMichelle
08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I know what you are talking about. I have been in my marriage for almost 25 years. I never realized until recently how depressed I was around her. I was horribly unhappy and now things are beginning to move forward. I understand how bothering you at work causing everything to suffer. That was one of the main reasons for doing what I did about the divorce. She would stress me out so much that I couldn't relax anywhere with her around. I could work much either.

Hope everything evens out for you soon. Good luck.

`Kayla`
08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Well I feel for you. Cause I know exactly how you probably feel because your situation sounds just like mine. Thinking about what you said about how "Jill" was invented makes me wonder where Kayla came from...maybe the same reasons?

Seems like I am not alone with my problems either, good to know I'm not the only one but terrible that someone else is going through it too. And my wife doesn't even know I actually CD she just knows I've done it one time.

Natalia
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
If at all possible, try to get some of her screaming and innapropriate behaviour on video...hook up a web cam on the living room computer and eat your hard drive every day.

When it comes time for custody it will be invaluable. Usually divorce cases are "he said she said" - if you can demonstrate this stuff you will have a (very very shapely:) ) leg up.

tracigirl_tv
08-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Dear one,

I'm just catching up to this thread, Jill. Some parts of it made me wonder if I were actually reading something I had written a few years back.

There DOES come a point when self-preservation dictates that drastic action be taken. That point came for me in 2002. We have a precious daughter whom I've seen a lot less than I used to when I was living at home. That has been in almost-unbearably steep price to pay. And yet in my heart of hearts, I know it was inevitable.

Life is different now, sometimes bittersweet. But Traci has been blessed to find a supportive, encouraging GG. (I just called her on the phone and asked her to record Oprah, whose show has a transgendered theme today--Lord, I sure can't imagine myself making THAT call to my ex-wife *smile*)

To state the obvious: everyone's situation is different, and you deserve to be happy, whatever that means for you.

I'm glad you feel better for having posted here. Just in case you lost my number, I'm sending you a pvt note in a second....use it any time.

Love,

Traci

SouthernLady
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Jill, After reading and re-reading all the posts concerning your problem I have come to the conclusion that your SO is trying to force you into a situation of physical abuse and by that I mean striking her so could have you arrested on assault or domestic battery(depending on where you live) I realize you are smarter then that but I also know that everyone has a limit. Reading between the lines I think you are almost there!!! A few of the girls have suggested to see a lawyer and YOU SHOULD just to see where you stand legally. Actually when your SO screams at the child she is committing abuse and you could write all of this down should you ever need documentation. I feel for what you are going through and no one should have to be subjected to any kind of threat(s), demeaning accusations or any other negative harassment.

:love: Mollyanne

I agree with Molly. I feel you pain too. I went through a very similiar situation. I was married for years ..most of it was a nightmare. I went through the destroyed clothing routine...the redicule, the humilation, the fights, and then a nasty divorce. I had a great attorney who take care of me and I got through it. I remarried a few years later to a beautiful and spirited lady who accepts and even encourages my crossdressing. She loves having a girlfriend to talk to, shop with (she and I are shopping nuts). She helps me to pick out what will work for me and I tell her honestly what doesn't work for her but she gets mad when I wear her clothes but thinks she can wear mine whenever!! lol I get even when I use all her nail polish!!

If safety and security for you and your daughter is reached by going through a divorce...then don't hesitate and Document, Document, Document. Like Molly said, don't let her know your intent. One day you're there, the next you're not. Coordinate it with your attorney to have her served that same day and any utilities that are in your name, have them disconnected. Nothing like coming home to discover everything has been turned off and don't forget, half of everything in your home is yours too!! Have everything ready and take your daughter with you. Move completely out of the area but stay within the same school district if your attorney advises you to... You will have temporary custody and you can designate who is allowed to pick up your daughter. If you don't, getting custody will be difficult at best. If you can document her losing control to the court your battle is much easier. You will have to show the court that your daughter will be much better off with you than with a crazed and bitter mother with a terrible disposition and temper. All I can say is good luck.

Cathytg
08-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Like so many of the other replies, I have been down the same road. It felt very good to be free of it all. We were married for thirty years and happy for only two. At least you know she insults you; I had to be told that by friends after our divorce.

Sounds like time to bail although there are some reasonable calls for thoughtfulness. But if it is over, then walk away.You will be amazed at how much better you feel.

Paige.
08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Dear Jill,
I'm not about to offer you advice of any kind because I'm not in your shoes and I'm not qualified. But your post has painted a picture of life with your SO that is palpable with destructive pain and it is disturbing.

Several years ago a friend gave me the following at a time I needed to hear the words. I offer it to you with love and compassion. I'll repeat what I said to you some time ago: "Don't let the wind in your sails depend on someone else's breath."

COMES THE DAWN

After a while you learn the
subtle difference
Between holding a hand and
chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't
mean leaning
And company doesn't mean
security,
And you begin to learn that
kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your
defeats
With your head up and your eyes
open
With the grace of a woman, not
the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your
roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is too
uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling
down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you
get too much.
So plant your own garden and
decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can
endure...
That you really are strong.
And you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn...
With every goodbye you learn.

Tammietoo
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
No advice, just wanted to give you a hug tell you I hope it gets better for you. Good luck hon, whatever happens.

patti
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Jay!

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Women can at timnes be so Cruel! It is a shame that men can not easily enjoy are Femininity.

Rest assure that we are here for you...and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Dressing in Feminine clothing hurts no one. You have done nothing wrong!

Take Care,

Patti

docrobbysherry
09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
The gang here has given u much advice. Coming from their experience and their hearts.
However, none of us is living YOUR experience. And most of us r NOT qualified to give u mental or legal advice! And neither am I.

On legal advice: U need a good attorney NOW! An experienced one can help u with advice about custody of your children also. If u can't afford one, call Legal Aid. Or call your County Family Care Agencies for possible free help. Make sure u get someone with lots of EXPERIENCE! Ask for his/her advice and take it.

On therapy: I kept going to see mine, for nearly a year after I separated from my ex. She is STILL going, 8 years later! It gave me some perspective on my situation when we separated, and again after we began our divorce. Therapy helped me see how much of what happened WASN'T MY FAULT. And helped me get past the divorce, and on with my life.
I recommend u get the same help. Once again, County Family Agencies may have therapists available at no cost to u. If you qualify. It will only take a few minutes of your time to find out.

Get help for yourself first, then, help for your children. U have to be thinking clearly, to help them properly!
Jay, don't just get angry, get moving toward a better life, for u and your kid(s)! Please get professional help now!:thumbsup:

suzanne
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Your situation can't get any uglier. As bad as it is for you, your child is learning from her mother and another cycle of abusive relationships will take place if she is not removed and shown a better way. For your child's sake more than yours, you must get out AND retain custody. Not easy for a CD in this era; your wife will portray you as the worst kind of pervert if she can. You need to document, using tape or video, some of her episodes so you can demonstrate who is the most suitable parent.

Please act fast. This is the fight of your life and that of your child. You will always find love and support in this site. Godspeed

paulaluvssz8
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
First of all let me say thank you for your service to our country. And then let me add that staying for the child is a noble stance for you to take. Over the years we have all put up with .... for the kids sake. Now it isn't so much about one persons happiness when there are more than one involved. So the good point of staying is that your daughter will see the commitment that you made a the marriage is real to you. And the bad is that she will think that the fighting and screaming is what moms and dads are suppost to do. Now if you stay without tearing down your spouse explain to her that conflict isn't suppost to be handled this way. And that there are problems which mom and dad are working on. And try to convey this to your spouse so that your daughter won't fall into the same pattern when she grows up. Sometimes we are a product of our surroundings. Stay steady and try to find happiness for all.

yms
09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
In the novel "The Accidental Tourist," by Anne Tyler, the husband, Macon, says to his wife after a separation and attempt at reconciliation, "Sometimes it's not a matter of love but who you are when you're with someone."

I'll never forget that.

Bootsiegalore
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I am sorry to hear about this behavior of recent..... When this happened with my SO, I discovered she was cheating.... I received all the really bad behavior along with the outbursts and the BF got the good (naughty) girl. Luckilly it ended when he started stalking her and beating her at work. I found it by checking the cell phone records, after that I caught her on the phone.

Things are much better now and we are best friends again.

I hope you can work it out.....

I just offered my experience which may not be your predicament.

Tara

JamieDP
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
J

From my personal experience the insults and belittleling stopped a few months after I moved out. That was when I realized I was done. For me personally I asked God for a sign if there was something ooutside of my last marriage be it career, personal goals, another person even but to please show me a sign even though I already knew in my heart that I loved and cared for this person but I was no lomger emotionally there. My lack of emotion and the insults that my son was subject too, made me think if I at leat remove that factor we all can begin to heal. Divorce can be even more traumatic to a child, but i grew up in a house of 18 years of arguing, bickering....my son and i have a stronger bond now that i don't have my ex interfering and insulting me all the time making me feel small. Is that the example you want your child to see. I am not saying anything, but to look at your childs welfare for the long term. Will actions now judt be better for her in the long term constantly seeing her father berated or her parents in constant conflict. Will it benefit her to see you resolve the conflict and how you do and how you rise above it to be stronger person even if that includes counceling as opposed to separationg. My experience is just one, but my family, my son, my ex are all much better at getting along now that his parents faced some truths. My path may not be yours, but I just beg of you to consider how you would want her to spend her next however many years and how she'll handle relationships as she gets older.

Just my opinion.

Raquel June
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I've heard enough that I think there's a definite relation between crossdressing and nice unassertive guys stuck in relationships with psychotic women.

I go out to clubs a lot. I'm friends with a lot of CD/TV/TS people. Only a few of them can get out as often as I can, and they frequently have some things they want to talk about. I don't really ask people about their past, or their motivation, or their sexual orientation, but many many people have approached me wanting to talk about these issues in their personal life. I've never been to a support group (although I have been in therapy). I'm single, and I don't feel uncomfortable with my crossdressing and I don't think I need therapy or support. So I'm not really trying to diagnose anything here, but I've seen some definite patterns.

A lot of women have personal issues that they need to get therapy for, whether it's overt abuse, an alcoholic parent, or just an unavailable or abandoning father, and they can't handle a man being nice to them. They end up being attracted to guys who are themselves abusive or unavailable. They love the bad boys, but those relationships never work out. Often they find a really nice guy who loves them, and they know it's a good relationship, but then the guy just doesn't do it for them. They start resenting everything nice about the guy. They start doing more and more to sabotage the relationship. After awhile, no amount of counseling will help. The woman loathes the man. Inside she's begging him to stand up to her, beat the crap out of her, or leave her, and she simply has zero respect for him.

I've seen a lot of guys find an escape from that scenario in crossdressing, but that just reinforces the woman's idea that you're not a real man because you won't treat her like the a-hole she wants you to be.

I know for sure that if I leave, she'll out me to my friends and family. However, I am begining to care less and less about that fact.

But at this point you have to leave. It looks like your life is seriously sucking. You can't let her have that kind of power over you.

Some really good (and conservative) friends of mine found out last week what I like to do on the weekend. They think I totally cracked after a bad breakup I had a few years ago, and maybe they're right. But it wasn't bad. They don't really care other than some concern for my sanity, and if they didn't want to be my friends because of that, then I wouldn't want to be their friends, either.

If you look around, tons of people will back up the sentiment that they were actually pretty happy when their friends found out because they realized they were real friends, and even the people who've had bad experiences with others finding out usually still feel like a lot of weight is off their shoulders.

In your case, you just have to accept that the marriage isn't going to work out, and if she's going to tell people then she's going to tell people, but you can't let her treat you like that.

Seriously, please look into recording some of these tirades of hers. That will really help you out. The divorce will be much less drawn out and painful if you have some dirt on her that makes her want to play nice. If you get a decent lawyer, you should also have little trouble getting custody of your daughter. Then it wouldn't matter what she told people. When a woman loses custody of her child in a divorce, everybody knows she's a total psycho no matter what her excuse is. You could just tell people she was a liar and you only dressed up once or twice for Halloween.

It's almost as if she's trying to make me think I am nuts. Please keep in mind that this was happining long before I got in to CDing.

So, she has tons of total meltdowns, she constantly belittles you, and this was all going on before you started CDing. I'm telling ya, just record her going crazy a few times. If it's usually when she calls you on your cell, you can get a recorder that plugs into the 2.5mm jack on your phone. If it's usually on a landline, you can get an inline recorder. If it's usually in an open room, you can get voice recorders the size of an ipod that can record 500+ hours.

I'm just saying, obviously you should get divorced, but it'd be nice to prove that she's also a totally unfit mother. You don't want a bunch of your-word-against-hers stuff where all you can say is that "she's insane and a psycho b*tch," which everybody says in a divorce, when she can say, "he's a pervert who likes to prance around in my clothes."

If there's one thing you need to take from me and others, these kinds of relationships can go on for a long time. I was in a relationship for 12 years, and 10 of it was bad. Others have relationships as bad as yours that go on almost indefinitely. You need to make up your mind not to put up with it anymore.

Angie G
09-02-2008, 08:21 PM
You are Jillian. She has the problem I'm sorry you have to deal with it huh If you wish you can PM me I'm here eery day hun. :hugs:
Angie