PDA

View Full Version : Bragging & Venting

Alice B
08-21-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm bragging because I'm fully dressed in a short swing skirt (soft red), a white silk blouse, new tan 3 1/2 heels, my brown wig, dangle gold earrings and a white bra with forms that is just visible under the blouse. Full make up and my wife said I look very good. This is the first time she has ever made a comment on my looks. It makes me feel very, very good.:daydreaming:

I'm, venting because several months ago a drunk hit my 2007 Tahoe while I was parked and on the phone. He took off, but I chased him down and got him to pull into a parking lot by the ocean. He refused to give me ID and was so drunk he did not know that he had hit me. I called the police and while talking to them he decided to run, but put his car in forward and knocked me over a rail while I was relaying his license number and then he took off. The police came and took a report and I went thru all the hoops required. But today I got a letter from his insurance company denying the claim. Saying that since there was no witness it was his word against mine, thus they would not pay. Now I have to go thru another long series of hoops to resolve it and am out a lot of money. What is this world coming to when a drunk hit and run driver can waltz away. :sad:End of vent and I feel better and beautiful for the evening.

bijust4funjax1
08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
im sorry to hear that Alice.

Dixie
08-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Get a lawyer! It is amazing how fast an Insurance company can change it's tune when a lawyer speaks with them.:Angry3:

docrobbysherry
08-22-2008, 12:41 AM
U could have been wearing your cool outfit when the drunk hit u!
Wonder how his insurance company would have responded then?

" Dear Alice,
Sorry maam, but our client denies causing your accident. But, he DID say u had great legs and liked your really cute outfit! He would like to meet u for a drink and discuss the matter further.

Sincerely,
The Drunk's Insurance Co."
:drink:

Jaclyn NM
08-22-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm usually one of the first ones to rant and rave about the evil lawyers, and how the fact that we have so many of them is ruining our country, but in this case, I recommend that you find yourself the meanest, nastiest lawyer you can find. I guess it all depends on your perspective. In any event, good luck, and I wish you well.

Alice B
08-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Finding a lawyer is no problem. I'm married to one, but I'm going to have to go to the Calif. State Insurance Board to settle this.

As a side light I just took a walk around our block. Something I have never done before because I know all my neighbors. It was scary and thrilling at the same time, but no one saw me.

trannie T
08-22-2008, 03:23 AM
So what do you think you'll wear to court? I'm sure you will look marvelous.

AliciaWeb
08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
I do hope your Tahoe problem is resolved soon.

Thanks for sharing your lovely outfit with us and congratulations on your outing, I know the thrill of the first one from your front door. Many more to come I hope.

Alicia

Emma England
08-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Have you spoke to your insurance about the problem.

Having no witnessess is not an excuse.

All that needs to be done is for an assesor to look at the damage to both cars. If they are in the same area together with the type of damage, it would be obvious that the third parties vehicle collided with yours. Is that proof enough?

Karren H
08-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Ok I'm bragging now... My daughter has had her Toyota run into 3 time in the last 2 years without witness's and the insurance covered every single bit all three times!! They don't even send out a claims agent you just drop it off at an approved repair shop.. And the repair shops always cut me a break on my deductable... So the most I've paid is a couple hundred..

Change insurance companies...

Samantha Thomson
08-22-2008, 05:57 AM
i here you on this i had the same thing happen to me but i got 4 of the numbers i had my 2 friends help me one work for dmv the other is a proscuter in the da office so i found the ass even the fact his insurance company didnt want to pay but a lawyler and being sued for big money change there toon real fast

samantha

Angie G
08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Don't let him do what you have to do your in the right not him. :hugs:
Angie