PDA

View Full Version : Right Clothes

Vivian2
05-23-2005, 01:31 AM
I was just wondering what type of clothes mask the more masculine feachers of the male body? I sling my shoulders back and that lessens the broad look of my shoulders from the front, but I have big shoulders and forarms so it's noticable from the side and the back. Also what kind of bottoms mask the lack of hips in skirts or pants? Any websites that help?

Ophelia D'Void
05-23-2005, 01:53 AM
I think it depends on what style you want to go with. If you're a bathing suit/beach bunny type, there's not really anything you can do.

Certain colors and prints will make you look smaller, or larger inversely. I'll let one of the fashion experts on here elaborate, since I don't think I'm qualified.

One of the great things about the alternative look is that you can get away with many mass hiding accessories, like arm warmers to make arms look smaller, or scarves/collars to thin out the neck a little. I have the bicep problem myself, and I guess all I can suggest is high reps with low weights, or stop eating.

Petticoats and loose skirts worn higher on the body will help to elongate legs and make the hips appear wider (men usually wear their pants slung low, on the hips, but if you're going for women's apparel, it's usually worn at the true waist, which would normally be a little above the navel on guys).

Natasha Anne
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I read What Not To Wear. There are some great tips in there for straight waisted girls, girls with broad shoulders etc.

You should all get that book, it is awesome. The section about "No Waist" is cool with examples of both good and bad. To sum up the suggestions in that section, they recommend wrap tops, corset tops, tailored waist jackets, fitted clothing and frock coats over double breasted jackets and trench coats. I love this book, it's become a fashion bible for me.

Link to Amazon provided below:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1573223573/natashasworld0a?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1