PDA

View Full Version : found an amazing video on youtube

gagirl1
08-22-2008, 07:44 AM
ok, for anyone who has questions about the effects or hormones or is just curious to see the progression over almost a year, i found this amazing set of videos on youtube. they're done by etherealkingdom and i'm just going to post her before/after video, but you shoul definitely check out the rest of them, just to hear the differences in her voice over a few months. i believe she is taking 100mg of estrogen twice daily, but i may have heard it wrong. anyways, check them out, they will blow your mind! makes me want to start hormones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bGsmun1sfI&feature=related

GypsyKaren
08-22-2008, 09:00 AM
I somehow managed to sit through two of these videos without hanging myself...but it must be true, it's on YouTube!

She says she's on 100 mgs. a day of estrogen, which would kill an elephant or sink a battleship, but then she comes back and says she meant mcgs. instead (I just don't know about these things!). That's always a good thing, take pills for 10 months and not know how much you're taking. Anyway, mcgs. means we're basically talking birth control pills here, 100 micrograms works out to .1mg a day, which would be the proper dose for a dust particle or a premature guppy...and look how much my body has changed!

One other thing, no amount of estrogen will change your voice, sorry.

Karen Starlene :star:

DISCLAIMER: I don't believe in any of this kind of nonsense or related nonsense. Anyone else is more than welcome to, but please don't attack me because I don't...thank you.

gagirl1
08-22-2008, 09:03 AM
oops! sorry about the microgram/milligram mixup. i don't know much about hormones. she fooled me, and there is definitely a noticeable difference from the first video to the latest ones. i didn't know if estrogen could change your voice or not, would be nice, though. so you're saying this is all a bunch of bs? got my hopes up....

Kaitlyn Michele
08-22-2008, 09:24 AM
very simply...estrogen DOES NOT impact the voice...period full stop..there is no debate about this...

FTM's can take testosterone to improve the maleness of their voices --i beleive because the vocal chords can get thicker but not thinner?

it impacts alot of other stuff obviously :battingeyelashes:

GypsyKaren
08-22-2008, 09:37 AM
oops! sorry about the microgram/milligram mixup. i don't know much about hormones. she fooled me, and there is definitely a noticeable difference from the first video to the latest ones. i didn't know if estrogen could change your voice or not, would be nice, though. so you're saying this is all a bunch of bs? got my hopes up....

You didn't mix it up, the star of our feature did. Is it all BS? She doesn't know what she's talking about, so there's no way I can either, but let's just say I'm not buying today (is that a mackerel I smell, or can it be cod?). Yes, hormones will make for a lot of changes, it sure has with me, but you have to keep your expectations reasonable.

Jamie S.
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I've seen some of her other videos, she may be faking, but to me she seems legit. She acknowledges that her voice change is more that likely a psychological change rather than an effect of the hormones in one of the videos. If you watch her earlier videos compared to her later videos, you can see that she was indeed male at one point.

gagirl1
08-22-2008, 10:51 AM
that's what gets me, the massive change you can see gradually throughout all the videos. i didn't bother listening to her for more than a minute b/c she was basically saying the same things over and over again, but there are changes present.

GypsyKaren
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
100 micrograms works out to .1mg a day, which would be the proper dose for a dust particle or a premature guppy.

I guess none of you saw this, study it closely, and then tell me more about the massive changes and how legit it is. In case you don't know, .1mg a day of estrogen is NOTHING! I was on 6-8 mgs before my surgery, you can get .1 from a Snickers bar.

DISCLAIMER: You can not get DD boobs from putting soy sauce on your carryout.

Deborah Jane
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
In case you don't know, .1mg a day of estrogen is NOTHING! I was on 6-8 mgs before my surgery, you can get .1 from a Snickers bar.

So if i eat 600-800 snickers bars a day i,ll get the same effect then? :heehee:
But i won,t have any teeth and i,ll be the size of a "Moby Dick" :doh:

GypsyKaren
08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
So if i eat 600-800 snickers bars a day i,ll get the same effect then? :heehee:
But i won,t have any teeth and i,ll be the size of a "Moby Dick" :doh:

You can't afford it, they just raised candy prices today.

Teresa Amina
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Quite a few YouTubers in our "community" and some nice transformations, but some start closer to the goal anyway and are "femmier" to start with. Perhaps Ethereal just leaves the dosages to her doc and isn't conversant in such things.

marie354
08-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure what hormones do yet, but I have learned that the voice is a lot of work. I practiced for months before I started to get it to sound feminine without being too mickey mousish. (Is mousish a word?) Hehe. I've gotten to the point that I can turn it on and off now and my friends tell me that I'm starting to sound more real now.
Still... Practice, practice, practice, is the only thing that I've ever heard that works. Shift your voice up, over and back down seems to work for me. Basically a bit higher and softer. Going up in pitch as an exclamation rather than louder.

I thought that hormones take years, not months to have a real effect, don't they. I guess there could be exceptions, though. I don't know.

Jamie S.
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Well for someone young the effects would probably be more dramatic and quicker, Seeing as how our bodies are still forming to an extent.

AmberTG
08-22-2008, 07:37 PM
It's been shown that being young is an advantage to transition, not that being in your 50s like me is a problem, it's just that you get better results when you're in your 20s and your body has more capacity for change.
As for the .1mg per day, that's the standard dosage of the strongest patch, such as the Vivelle Dot that I am currently prescribed. It would be just enough if you have no nads. My progress with it has been slow but steady. For the past 2 months, I have been augmenting it with 2mg of Estrofem per day, as my t level was starting to go back up.

GypsyKaren
08-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Just so you know, you can't compare pill doses to a patch, the patch is a direct shot so less is the same...apples to oranges.

I will no longer comment on other people's fantasy claims, if you want to believe that you can get gold from seawater, then get a bucket, I'm tired of wasting my time.

DISCLAIMER:If you're getting your hormones from 7/11, bring me back a Slurpee.

Cristi
08-22-2008, 08:52 PM
So if i eat 600-800 snickers bars a day i,ll get the same effect then?

The one thing I CAN say for sure is that if you eat 600-800 snickers bars per day, you WILL have nice D size breasts (when you get up around the 350-400lb line)... along with a 10x dress size.

DemonicDaughter
08-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, I'm a GG but I'm a GG with naturally higher estrogen. Think I'm lucky? Guess again! Those that take estrogen risk their health more than they know. Estrogen does a whole lot more than give you breasts! It can also cause heart problems, cause sever depression, deplete calcium in your body as well as cause "mild side affects" such as nausea and sweats.

And then there are some people who have sever reactions to it. I mean, come on, if it was so "harmless" why do you not only have to get a prescription for it, but have to see a therapist just to get that prescription?

As for the being younger and bodies still developing idea, unfortunately its not quite the same. You can do more damage in the long run BECAUSE you haven't finished growing! But most males finish growing by 18. Most females don't finish until they are 25.

How do I know all this? Because they don't bother to test your estrogen levels before putting girls on the pill. Had they done that when I started, I wouldn't have a sever heart murmur right now.

Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean its safe. Cocaine is technically "natural" as is numerous other poisons.

Be smart about it. Talk to a doctor first. See what your body can handle first.

stacie
08-23-2008, 08:58 AM
I know Tegan and I am going to stick up for her. First thing is,That is her real voice. It is the same voice she had before she started on hrt. Next is, she takes what her Dr. prescribes her, So she made a mistake about the dosage per day taken. Tegan is only nineteen years old and has always had a fem look to herself, even from the beginning of hrt.
I am shock about how my appearance has changed during the first year. For some people the changes are amazing and for some there not.

gagirl1
08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
oh yeah, forgot to mention she was only 19. sorry for leaving that out.

shirley1
08-24-2008, 01:08 AM
It quite obviously makes a big difference if you start hormones as a teenager, you quite obviously havnt been masculinised like you are as you get older, testosterone hasnt been given the chance to circulate your whole body.

I mean you only have to look at the ladyboys in Thialand to see how good the effects are on them.

When I was 18 or 19, I shaved very little, had very little body hair, a full head of hair, and far more boyish looks than I have now got at 40, so I am sure I am at a dissadvantege to what I would have been back then ?

MichelleBolton
08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Comparison....

I agree with Karen there is no comparison between patches and pills. We all need to understand that all of the versions of the medications have been designed for specific needs of GG's.

Listening to my Dr, I asked to go from pill to patch, and she re-enforced that the patches are designed for older women and the dose is considerably lower than taking pills.

Also, results are not over night (thank god), as we all need time to adjust to our external appearance matching our internal. I'm always suprized when someone states that changes happened quickly and they adjusted well..... Think about waking up tomorrow aligned, yet no one else has changed... Your job, the same, your co workers the same.. how hard would that be?

I'd rather transition slowly, and allow the people in my life to accept the changes within me. It's taken me a long time to accept myself, so therefore, isn't it fair to allow others the time to accept the changes within me?

Michelle

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
She looks exactly the same, just with less facial hair and chubby cheeks.

AmberTG
08-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Ibuke, that's what I was thinking also.

Steph Butterfield
08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Well 18 months on oestrogen my face is no different, just as male as it was before, been on 6 mg estradiol for last 6 months, and the changes have been so minimal you'd think I was on a placaebo.

Stephanie

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Well 18 months on oestrogen my face is no different, just as male as it was before, been on 6 mg estradiol for last 6 months, and the changes have been so minimal you'd think I was on a placaebo.

Stephanie

What form of estradiol? Pill or injection, or what? Are you taking testosterone blockers? Is there much fat in your diet? Protein? Could be a lot of reasons.

AmberTG
08-29-2008, 11:48 PM
The biggest change in my face had nothing to do with hormones. I don't have beard shadow any more due to facial hair removal. That may make the most obvious difference in appearance. Of course, I'm thin so there's little fat available to move to my face, or anywhere else, for that matter.
I think the differences in Tegan's before and after pix are a combination of subtle things that add up to a different impression more than a different structure. She seems to be progressing at an average pace for someone her age.

MJ
08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Karen is right 100mg will kill a sperm-whale for gods sake lol. i am on 6 mg estrace for 3.5 years and i still look like one of the ugly sisters lol..
oh i have big boobs but thats cause I'm fat . but hey she does look good lucky bit*h

any how I'm off to the seven eleven anyone else want a snickers bar :heehee:

Anna the Dub
08-31-2008, 05:43 AM

Stephanie

I have been on patches for 10 years, I was taken off pills because I got a DVT from my anti-androgen pills and I had a subsequent orchiedectomy. So, I have been on 100mg patches for all this time. My voice is no different, my facial hair is still as strong as ever (still undergoing electrolysis) and I think I still look very mannish in the face. My GG best friend, however, disagrees. She said I just can't see it myself, but my face is totally different, my skin is smoother and has feminised a lot. I just see a horrible man's face. Anyway, body changes are a totally different matter, I have boobs, a big bum, all my bulky muscles are gone, so from the neck down I have a distinctly female outline. Hormones take a long time to work, and the changes they make can be very subtle. The effects can be so slow, that you yourself cannot see any discernible change, but these slight changes are also cumulative. Eventually you reach tipping point, where it is obvious that something is going on. I look in the mirror and think to myself that the changes are disappointing, but if I look at a photo of myself from 10 years ago, I look a totally different person. Try not to get too despondent, it will happen eventually.

Steph Butterfield
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
What form of estradiol? Pill or injection, or what? Are you taking testosterone blockers? Is there much fat in your diet? Protein? Could be a lot of reasons.

I'm currently on 6 mg Estradiol pill form and 100mg Andracur pill form, I had my most recent hormone balance test and my oestrogen went down to 312 pmol/L from 360 at previous test result, I don't know what my current T levels are because they were not on the printed out.

If and when I see an Endocrinologist I might request Aldactone in place of my current anti androgen as many of my friends say it reduces body hair much better. I'd like to be on a progestin to see if it boosts breast growth and zoladex to reduce muscle tone. Though I'm sure the endo will have the answers.

Stephanie

AmberTG
08-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Aldactone is the brand name for spironolactone, or spiro for short. It does have a good reputation for hair growth reduction and is probably a better anti-androgen than Andracur because it doesn't have as many side effects. Mostly, it just makes you pee more.