PDA

View Full Version : When you're all dressed up, do you look like one of the women in your family?

amy canada
08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I still haven't fully dressed up yet because I have no wig and makeup, but I think I'd look like one of my family members. I don't have any sisters (no brothers either) but a bunch of aunts and female cousins. None are as big as me though.

TommiTN
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes! I'm almost a dead ringer for my Mom when she was my age. All in all I'm happy with that. She was kind of a looker back in the day...

Cathytg
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes! I'm almaost a dead ringer for my Mom when she was my age. All in all I'm happy with that. She was kind of a looker back in the day...

Wow! I was about to say the same thing about myself. I guess I just did.

Deborah Jane
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Yes! I'm almost a dead ringer for my Mom when she was my age. All in all I'm happy with that. She was kind of a looker back in the day...

Wow! I was about to say the same thing about myself. I guess I just did.

There seems to be some sort of pattern emerging here :heehee:
Depending on which wig i wear, i either look like my mum at my age or my sister who,s 2 years younger than me :)

Daintre
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't look like my mom, but with the right wig, I look like my sister's twin, when I compared photos, I was amazed.

Melanie R
08-22-2008, 02:00 PM
The first time I was dressed as Melanie in front of my parents in 1989 my father told me that he thought I looked just like my mother at the same age. My mother agreed. Since there passing and now that I always wear wigs the same color as my wife's natural color I am told many times that I look like my wife. When we are out in public people think we are sisters.

Beth-Lock
08-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't really look like my sister, except a bit in build, as we are both sort of broad shouldered, slightly on the tall side, (at least rather than short), not busty, and inclined to be a bit heavyset.
But in practice, I do look a little more like her, since I prefer blond wigs, and my sister is or was, a natural blond. In general though, I do not prefer the sort of style of clothing my sister now assumes, except for skorts, which I am sort of addicted to.
So, I would say there are some elements of accidental resemblance.

DonnaT
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
You tell me. My mom.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/DonnaTvTg/Mom3.jpg

amy canada
08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow, Donna, you look exactly like your mom! Did you do that on purpose?

I think I'd be creeped out if I looked like my mom. When I eventually get a wig, I'm getting a long-haired one, just so I don't look like my mom at all.

Then again, my mom did have longer hair when she was younger, so maybe my plan might not work. LOL

KarenCDFL
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
My wife tells me I look very much like my mom did.

dancinginthedark
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
You tell me. My mom.

:eek: Whoa, Donna the resemblance is amazing.

dancin

~

TommiTN
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
You tell me. My mom.

That's absolutely amazing!

DonnaT
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Wow, Donna, you look exactly like your mom! Did you do that on purpose?

I think I'd be creeped out if I looked like my mom. When I eventually get a wig, I'm getting a long-haired one, just so I don't look like my mom at all.

Then again, my mom did have longer hair when she was younger, so maybe my plan might not work. LOL

Thanks. No, I had a longer wig, but my wife didn't like it. So she took me to the wig shop and we found this one suited me best.

Anastacia_Sandria
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Ditto! My brother and I already look quite a bit like our mother, when I dress at certain angles I look almost just like her. One of the pictures I have up here actually looks like her

susan fuller
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I look just like my garndmother when I have the right wig on. I will say my grandmother was quite a nice looking lady. I am proud to look like her.

Niya W
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I dont look like any of my parents. My mom swears my niece has my chin , and jaw.

Annette_boy
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I would have to Say I look like my Paternal Grandmother when She was my age, something I am proud of.

I am not surprised that many of us look like our mothers, it is proverbial that when dressed we resemble our Moms. We did get half of our genes from her after all.
Hugs Annette

april l walls
08-22-2008, 06:38 PM
yes.my mom.the first time i dress up for her she pull out an old photo to show me of her and say you are my little girl.

Andrea_girl
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
When i look in the mirror i see my mum

Dragster
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
A couple of years ago, I had a make-over at Transformation Manchester (I know, but I didn't know of an alternative then!). When I put the pictures up on the computer, I saw a slightly wrinkled version of my daughter!!!

Tony

april l walls
08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
yes.the first time i dress up for my mom she saw me went and got a photo of her in her twentys and say to me you are my little girl.

suzy
08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I had some pictures taken a while back and I could swear that I looked identical to my "younger" sister! Sort of scared me! I am not sure if that is a good thing or not......lololol...but the fact that I looked so much like a GG really pleased me....even though I'm towards the bottom end of the GG scale, made me happy!

Glenda
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I probably look a lot like my paternal grandmother as well. However, I was shocked last year when I went home to visit my parents. My cousin was also visiting at the time. I hadn't seen her in about 5 years. I was amazed how much we looked alike en femme. I have one wig which looks exactly like her hair did at that time. The resemblance was truly amazing.

DAVIDA
08-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a blonde wig that I don't use any more. I looked in the mirror once when I was wearing it and my aunt was looking back at me. It was just a little spooky. My sister says that I look more like our mother than any of the "kids". Well, they are twins!

Danielle_cder
08-22-2008, 07:35 PM
My wife says i look like my mother, i feel like my mother when im dressed

insearchofme
08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
If I'm wearing a short wig I resemble my sister. Poor girl is so much prettier than I am.

emmicd
08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I wish I could look more feminine when dressed in womens clothes. I don't feel I resemble any women in my family. I just look like a feminine version of my male self!

I do however prefer dresses to guys clothes!

emmi

michellebesweet
08-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I think when I am dressed I could be another one of my sisters. I definitely look like I would be one of my mothers daughters, I have alot of my moms features.

Angela-Russell
08-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I look a bit like my older sister. I hope she doesn't take that as an insult!

Angie G
08-23-2008, 12:16 AM
My Mom And that freaks out my wife sometimes. :hugs:
Angie

MelanieSky
08-23-2008, 02:05 AM
I have several wigs and depending on which one I look like my sister or my mother. With the longer brown wig the resemblance to a picture I have of my sister is uncanny, even though she died at age 22 and I'm now 52! She does have a nicer cheek structure than me, though. I wish I could do something about that!

Melanie

Rikidee
08-23-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't have any sisters but my mother has a twin sister that has a daughter and when I first started doing the makeup thing I got all dressed up and looked in the mirror and my face looked just like my cousin. Her clothes were also the first ones I put on that fit me. I was probably about 12 years old and we went to visit, the family went on a day trip and I made some excuse to stay home alone. As soon as they were gone I was into her clothes and played dress up all day. She had all the cute teen clothes, shoes, miniskirts, halter tops etc. I had a blast and am glad that I look like her.

Bev06 GG
08-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I probably look a lot like my paternal grandmother as well. However, I was shocked last year when I went home to visit my parents. My cousin was also visiting at the time. I hadn't seen her in about 5 years. I was amazed how much we looked alike en femme. I have one wig which looks exactly like her hair did at that time. The resemblance was truly amazing.

Glenda you are a dead ringer for a friend of mine. When I first saw your avatar I thought it was her. You even have a similar name because she's called Glenys. I got quite a shock I can tell you I thought her hubby was CDing. and she was on here to support.
Bev

victoriamwilliams1
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
At times I look a little bit like my mom.

vivianann
08-23-2008, 08:55 AM
I look like my sister when I am enfemme, the pic in my avatar is about as close as it gets, the only difference is I am much bigger than my sister.