PDA

View Full Version : So I purged.

Caitlintgsd
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Well not really. I just cleaned out the stuff that I really never wear anymore. My wife got first choice and my daughter got the pick of the stuff after that. My daughter doesn't realize that a lot of her skirts used to be mine. At least I think she doesn't know...

Jonelle
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
anything leftover?? ;)

Patty
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I am going to be in SD tomorrow---anything left over?????

summermarie
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I did pretty much the same thing except I gave it all to Goodwill. I had a whole trash bag full of stuff I either don't wear or don't fit in anymore. My wife is a different size than me so she couldn't wear anything.

Jolene
08-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Always a good thing to recycle clothes. Most of my fem things are from the Thrift stores and I have found many nice clothes there at good prices. I have sorted clothes that I never wear anymore and have taken them in for others. There are some people that I know that would never be seen in a Thrift store and that leaves more good things there for me.
Jolene :)

Caitlintgsd
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I am going to be in SD tomorrow---anything left over?????

Not here there isn't. I have some wigs in storage that I'll probably never wear (I had 13 wigs once, I only wear a couple now). I was going to look and see if there was a place to donate them for cancer patients. I think that Maria (the one with the wig shop on University & Utah) told me about an organization, or that she takes them in for an organization. Clothes wise, what was left (that I don't wear anymore) went to Goodwill and Amvets already.

CD Susan
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
I buy from and donate to the second hand stores all the time. If I get tired of something I have a hard time throwing it in the trash. I just love seeing my old things for sale on the racks. I once bought a dress back that I donated after they repaired the hem. It was cheaper than having a shop do the repair. I have found that the Salvation Army stores are the best of the second hand shops. Most items there cost between 1 and 2 dollars. I have found hundreds of great bargains over the years. If you are lucky you will be there when they are having a 'bag sale' and you can get a ton of stuff for almost nothing.

Angie G
08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Don;t scare me like that hun using the "P'' word like that.:hugs:
Angie

Phyliss
08-24-2008, 01:29 PM
About a month ago the local Maurice store had a clothing drive for the local "women's SAFE PLACE " realizing that when "she" has to escape at 2 a.m. she usually doesn't take the time to pack anything. They also need clothes. Quite a few things of mine wouldn't fit me any more, (weight loss on my part ) so, rather than toss 'em I gave them to the drive.
I can do no wrong at that store now.

Tina Dixon
08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
:doh:Just a false alarm, thought we lost a gal there for a minuet.

gennee
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
My wife and I share skirts, blouses, and pullovers. I lether use my jewelry since I have much more than she does :D.

Gennee

Cristi
08-24-2008, 08:33 PM
So it looks like you had the GOOD kind of purge...just getting rid of old, out of fashion clothes or things that don't fit anymore to make more room for... shopping!

It was a real eye-opener the first time I had a 'purge' like this. I had plenty of old clothes that brought back memories, but honestly I would never really wear again (I bought a lot early on because I COULD, not because they looked good on me!)

Now, I try to take a more honest look at my wardrobe. If something isn't 'me' and I can't really see myself wearing it anymore, off to goodwill it goes.

Also, being at the point that I actually go out in public now has made a huge difference. Suddenly, things that were FINE for 'around the house' just don't work anymore. My new yardstick is that if I can't make an outfit out of it that I'd wear in public, then why am I hanging on to it?

Caitlintgsd
08-25-2008, 01:29 AM
That was kind of how I looked at it. There were a lot of things that I liked when I bought them, but I wouldn't wear them while out at this point of time. Now I usually wear skirts that are at the knees or longer. So I haven't been wearing anything shorter for a couple of years. Cute stuff but perhaps not the right image. I look silly in a mini.