PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Yourself

RobynGirl
08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
:eek:Hi,
Does anyone else out there really finally admit to themselves that they are not really a crossdresser? I was watching Showtime tonight After hours tonight and really identified with the woman in the show.:battingeyelashes:She was having great sex with a man and I felt so jealous,:battingeyelashes:

Robyn

crusadergirl
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM
I accept who i am but i never thought of myself as a crossdresser more like girl prodigy. which just means i'm just me with a difference look and attitude.

sandra-leigh
08-24-2008, 02:49 AM
I was watching Showtime tonight After hours tonight and really identified with the woman in the show. She was having great sex with a man and I felt so jealous

Now perhaps I am part of the "unawakened proletariat" that has been "co-opted" and am "supporting centuries of sexual oppression"... but, in a word, "NO".

When I see something like what you describe, I don't "identify with" either the women or the men, but it is the women that I'm looking at and thinking about interacting with.

But that's me, not you, and what works for me isn't what works for most of the forum members. I am not "mentally female" when I dress, I am something else, something there is perhaps no word for, but is approximated by "transgendered".

Emma England
08-24-2008, 04:54 AM
It is strange.

To other people, I would be referred to as a crossdresser.

I find that the actual term "crossdresser" does not exist in my mind, as clothing is NOT gender specific (well, there are exceptions such as a bra).

I just beleive that I have a modern approach to fashion and am open-minded.

It is the close-minded humans that are out of date.

Tracy_Victoria
08-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Does anyone else out there really finally admit to themselves that they are not really a crossdresser? I was watching Showtime tonight After hours tonight and really identified with the woman in the show.:battingeyelashes:She was having great sex with a man and I felt so jealous,:battingeyelashes:

Robyn

Robyn

Not sure what your question is refering to but I'll answer what I believe is my answer to your question.

Firstly I am a Crossdresser, and very happy to admit that. I accepted I was a guy who likes to dress as a girl at a very early age. as far as I'm aware I've purged my clothes on two occation, both times were due to need moving in with others (house shares), not acceptance. I'm as happy in my male role, as when dressed as Tracy, I love being able to (play) dressup, but I'm so happy as well to have a family I love, a life I enjoy, and the girl of my Dreams who means everything to me. (i'm a very lucky guy, and Girl?)

I also have know Other TV's that have been as Luck and as Happy as Me, but I can aslo tell a tall of woe as well (and Sadly it True) I've known (not known off) a older CD who was so convinced they were a Girl inside, they lied there way through the transistion period, failed to admit to themselves that there dressing was just a desire, and completed the a SRS program. You can not believe how that messed them up. (I really do not know how they were allowed to go through this, other than lieing through there teeth) but in the end they lived in neither world (male or Female) Until it all got to much!

So please remember what we do, is not just about sex, nor is being a girl. it's very easy to cloud our judgements, and make calls from the loins and not from the head. Me I'm a Transvestite, and happy to be one, it part of my life, but not all of it. in fact it's only a very tiny part of me.

It's so important to know what you are, not wish for what you think you are?

Joanne f
08-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Not quite sure of your question as you seam to be relating your desire to cross dress with the desire to have a relationship with a man and the two doe`s not necessary correlate, although i can see where one might help the other in a mood creating sense, you can be both or just one or the other.
As far as my cross dressing go`s i cant really say that i think of it in those terms yet i realise that society seams to like to label me as that, yet if i make a skirt or dress specifically fore me how can i be cross dressing, same as if a woman wears my shirt and trousers why is she not cross dressing, so in the end i feel like it is not my cross dressing i have to accept but society's view on it .

:fairy2:

joanne

Petra Harper
08-24-2008, 07:03 AM
I don't think, or don't like to think, of myself as a crossdresser, transvestite or, worst of all, a tranny.

I'm a part time dual persona. I'm either Petra or I'm my male-mode. The transition is clear and distinct to me - two completely different personae.

In my male-mode, I am male, behave like a male, albeit more softened by feminine influences, and I never wear female clothes or makeup and I do not crossdress.

As Petra, I am female and act accordingly, I wear clothes, makeup and wig compatible with my femininity. I do not cross dress. To say I did would imply I was masculine just a man in a dress, but this is not so, except for the relitively unimportant male body features. I would be diminished.

It is the transition to the feminine persona, the character that is important. It is essential I behave feminine as Petra, the clothes are secondary issue.

So no, in these terms, I am not crossdresser.

Sarah...
08-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Does anyone else out there really finally admit to themselves that they are not really a crossdresser?
Robyn

Yes. Me! :battingeyelashes:

That admission is what has made the biggest difference in my life to date. I don't even present as female 24/7, nowhere even near it in fact. However I've known I was female since an early age but spent years denying it to no avail. I've always identified with the female in media images over the years. I've no idea what we (my SO and I) do with this knowledge now, but there you are - we'll figure it out.

In the meantime life is mostly a bed of roses so I'm just getting on with enjoying it!

Good question RobynGirl!

Sarah...

Amy Hepker
08-24-2008, 07:32 AM
I believe what Robyn is saying is that she feels more like a girl than a crossdresser. She feels at home dressed as a female. I understand the feeling as I do feel much better as a female than a male. Yes, I have the male apparatus, but I am female and it is high time I came out to be who I really am. I am Amy and that is who I should have been all along. I feel so good about myself anymore, it is just unbelievable. I am finally being myself.

Angie G
08-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I just feel jealous the i'm not having great sex. :hugs:
Angie

PamelaTX
08-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean either. I think the word "crossdresser" is a silly word, but I have nothing better to offer. It's a word that makes the whole thing seem trivial when it isn't. For me, crossdressing is part of a struggle to understand who I am, and how I relate to the whole Masculine/Feminine thing.

There are many different answers this question, and if yours is different from another person's, well, that's great! As long as it's the right answer for you.

Sarah...
08-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I believe what Robyn is saying is that she feels more like a girl than a crossdresser. .

That's how I read it - but then I'm there too so I would read it that way! Is that what you meant Robyn?

Sarah...

RobynGirl
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I guess what I mean is that I feel I am living a lie. Deep down inside of me I really feel that I am more of a transsexual than a crossdresser. I keep finding myself dreaming about having sex with a man but as a woman would:heehee:

Robyn

Sherry-Stephanie
08-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what your saying here....but I think it is for me, a case of having two persons/genders inside of me....one male and one female....when I dress male I'm the guy of course and when I dress female I'm the girl....two seperate enities...so the terms that are floated out there CD TV etc are simply lables others put (or like to put on me ((or others)) simply to classify or identify what I am) . But for me the term I would would apply is either "bi or duel gender" and that works for me if there is a need to lable....I see no reason to try and fit myself into any existing lables or classifications. I am simply a bi gender person or a person who has two genders within....male and female. I also believe that each and every one of us also have this duel gender witin us. Some have no awareness of this duality on one end of the spectrum to the other end that there are some of us that are totally aware of this duality and accept it, embrace it and validate it...thus this male/female duality comes out and is personified.

I simply believe that for me and me alone I have both female and male in me. When one comes forth then it's that one and visa versa. I neither want to be totally one or the other 24/7. The fact that I am bi-sexual also allows me to experience both the male aspect as well as the female aspect of having sexual activity. Now I am not advocating this for anyone else?...No!!!!...simply this is what works for me and me alone...since I am only me and no one else....Am I unique??? Hell yeah and do not expect everyone is going to be accepting and embracing of me for my views???? Not at all, because for someone to get to this level awareness requires a great deal of effort, insight end I think a sense of "enlightment" that most are not capable of because if they were, then it would be "normal" and trust me this isn't what society in general is going to classify as "normal"....

Am I confortable with what I am and where I'm at???? Absolutey within my own "skin"....and to me that's all that is needed or required at this point in my life....that's me and that's who I am. I don't nned to be out and open and let everyone know this..only those who I want to know then I can can say this is who I am and this is what I am....if they are ok with this that's fine and if not then they're not and they (or I) move on. Simply as that. I am true to me and to others I am what I am and I know I'll never, regarless of what I am, all things to all people. It's jsut a matter of being true to one's own self first and foremost I guess.

jeanlove
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
My mind and emotion has always been more of a mix of boy and girl. Say 40/60. But appearance wise, I've never enjoy looking like a boy. Visually, I love girl figure and fashion. I love appear as a girl and being with one. If i was born as a girl, I would definitely not fit in the norm of society because I would be a lesbian. I guess I am not really a crossdresser nor transexual. Just a lesbian (tomboy) trap in a boys body?!

I myself have not come to term with myself. Mostly because I overly concerned with what the society/people judges someone like me. The negativities and strange look really bothers me.

In drab, I often get mistaken for a girl but not in flaming kind of way. I was just being me, in my normal/non-work dress code - t-shirts, a&f boy hoodies and af boy jeans.
I guess the only way is to be able to pass as a girl and be accepted by my regular friends/families then perhaps I will accept myself. We won't know until i try someday. :daydreaming:

Babette
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Does anyone else out there really finally admit to themselves that they are not really a crossdresser?

Robyn

Robyn, since you asked, I guess I fall under or out of many labels. If I really had to pick one, then I am nothing more than uniquely me.

Babette

docrobbysherry
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Not sure I got your point, but: When I've done a good job of dressing and look in the mirror, I often think, " What a hot babe! I wonder if she'd sleep with me?"

I DO have sexual fantasies of what it would feel like being a woman having orgasms. But, there's never a man in my fantasies, unless it's me! :eek:

Alis McShane
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
It is strange.

To other people, I would be referred to as a crossdresser.

I find that the actual term "crossdresser" does not exist in my mind, as clothing is NOT gender specific (well, there are exceptions such as a bra).

I just beleive that I have a modern approach to fashion and am open-minded.

It is the close-minded humans that are out of date.

I agree with everything you just said.