PDA

View Full Version : Favorite movie dresses/gowns

PrettySatinNightgown
05-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Has anyone ever fallen in love with a beautiful gown or dress worn in a movie? Theres a movie called "Rollover" from 1981 with Jane Fonda, theres a scene in it where she walks down a staircase in the most gorgous ever evening gown ever worn. Its all white, very flowing and sooooo long, I wish I were her in that scene.
Another one is Brabara Bachs evening gown in "Spy who loved me", the long blue gown in which she wears in the desert.
"The next best thing" with Madonna is a stinker movie, but theres a breif scene when she takes one of Rupert Everitts Gowns off a rack and trys it on. Its so beautiful, if anyone has a fave gown from a movie, recomend it and I'll take a look. Ginger Rogers wore some gorgous ballgowns too.

lostvegas
05-23-2005, 08:56 AM
have you seen the dress jane seymour wears in the scend in "Somewhere in Time" in which she's in a play? it is so gorgeous and so ultra-feminine. i cannot do it justice with my words.

Natasha Anne
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
The outfit Keira Knightly wears to battle in King Arthur

Nicole Kidman's outfits in the Chanel No 5 advert

Cheerleaders outfits always work. Give me a C, give me a D, what have you got?!!!

Kate Winslett's dress in Titanic, when she was "flying"

Tiffy
05-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Not one dress but many. The North and South based on the John Jakes trilogy. There are so many wonderful and sexy gowns and dresses that it just drives me wild.

Kisses, April

Bernadina
05-23-2005, 07:46 PM
The only redeeming feature of the recent remake of the "Stepford Wives" are the wonderful dresses and gowns.

MarieTS
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
:) OOHHH There are SO many. One that seems to stick out in my mind is the midnight blue evening gown Catherine Zeta Jones wore when she was up on the Kula Lumpur Towers with Sean Conreay in "Entrapment." Her gown was understated yet classy. I adore the lattice shoulder straps. I love that gown! Does anyone know where I can find one in a size 12? :D

Mia lynn
05-24-2005, 03:48 AM
That one is easy for me, its Gone with the wind. Vivien Leigh and the rest of the ladies look as lovely in those Civil period Gowns.
Hugs
Mia Lynn :)

gretafemme
05-24-2005, 07:20 AM
I loved a few of Liz's dresses in Raintree County too. I just have to try a voluminous ballgown one day.

Robertacd
05-24-2005, 08:18 AM
All the dresses in Elizabeth, specially the one the son of the queen of France was wearing when Elizabeth cought him.

Katie Ashe
05-24-2005, 11:56 AM
The Princess Bride... Princess Buttercup in the sky blue gown half way throught he movie. When she was writing the 4 letters to Wesely. Oh so to die for :D

Katie

gender_blender
05-24-2005, 04:23 PM
The recently released "Phantom of the Opera".

Charlie

BecomingBrooke
05-26-2005, 01:56 AM
i also like the phantom of the opera gowns although my most favorite of all time has to be the dress buttercup wears when she is getting rescued in princess bride i love that blue dress...

jamiepabicd
05-26-2005, 03:29 AM
the movie "my cousin vinny".
joe pesci's girlfriend, i can't recall her name, the mini skirt she is wearing in the opening scenes. whoa!!!
jamie

sarah
05-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Its all been said Stepford wives ,somewhere in time, and of course my favourite gone with the wind...