PDA

View Full Version : CD.com convention in 2009!

docrobbysherry
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
This is inspired by the "culture shock" thread, and deja's post.

Has there ever been talk of organising a low key get together of the CD.com members? Maybe in Middle America? In a more or less CD friendly city? Just curious if that had ever been discussed here?

Mods? Ever any talk of such a thing? Dam! I'd love to meet some of u, live! Actually, a LOT OF U! :daydreaming:

Any ideas on this, anyone?

PS: I'm NOT an organizer, obviously! Duh!

Wendy me
08-24-2008, 06:33 PM
have to be a place with a lot of closets...............

TommiTN
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Great idea! I hear St. Louis is pretty friendly (can't say for sure, never been there en femme) and you can't get much more in the middle of the country.

Karren H
08-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Doesn't matter where you have it since majority of the girls and guys will have to travel great distances.... I know URNA has some regional meetings sponsered buy local groups... And were trying to do the first ever MUT get-together but it's in San Fransico and limited to a small group..... So good luck.....

ashleyinwpb
08-24-2008, 06:41 PM
What about a city that all flights have to fly into first. Some major airlines hub....might be able to score 'em as sponsor as well.

Stephanie Kay
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The midwest regional CD conventiion called Fall Harvest is meeting in Kansas City this fall, September 4-9, 2008. See www.fallharvest.org. This is usually a very nice time!! It will be in another midwest city in 2009. Also, Be All is a huge CD convention held in the northern suburbs of Chicago in earlt June each year. See www.be-all.org. Come to the midwest and have a great time. Many CD.com girls meet at Be All!!

Love,
Stephanie

Shelly Preston
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Great idea but it would be fun if we could all attend

So that just an 8000 mile round trip for me

Can I borrow a boat ?

Raychel
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
If I could come up with teh money and convince my wife to come along. I would love to join in on the party

gennee
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
The midwest regional CD conventiion called Fall Harvest is meeting in Kansas City this fall, September 4-9, 2008. See www.fallharvest.org. This is usually a very nice time!! It will be in another midwest city in 2009. Also, Be All is a huge CD convention held in the northern suburbs of Chicago in earlt June each year. See www.be-all.org. Come to the midwest and have a great time. Many CD.com girls meet at Be All!!

Love,
Stephanie

My niece is moving to Chicago next year. Hey, now I have two reasons to go. :D

Gennee

carolinoakland
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd suggest an informal meet up at one of the TG convention's like California Dreaming here on the West Coast, Southern Comfort in Atlanta would be another that sadly I wouldn't be able to make this year myself. I think there's a harvest TG event in Kansas City in the fall I think. Just putting the idea out there. Carol.

deja true
08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh we'll be doing the informal meet up thing like we did in Chicago...There were about 15 of us. The SCC list already has about 16 names on it...

And I think we 'll prolly put something up on the SCC bulletin board looking for more...

MJ
08-24-2008, 07:02 PM
as someone from a convention background and in my humble opion it would be simple as getting the ok from the big boss here then find a location after that negociate a room block " it is better to herd us all together. that way we won't offend other hotel guest as we would have the floor or floors to ourselves . then should we need the the hotel hall or convention rooms we can pay that out of the room block and then we just sort out what we want to do like workshops , trips , coffee rooms for us to meet and sit down to chat and the like , it's not hard to do you just need dedication

sandra-leigh
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
We've been considering organizing a conference in Winnipeg (Manitoba, the geographic centre of north america). Though we might not be ready for a big conference yet!

Farrah
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
How about Memphis Tn. I agree with MJ. Why don't some of you put your heads together and lets get something etched in stone, so we can begin planning. I would help plan, but I'm not out to my wife, its already hard hiding the few things that I have, but hiding plans of this magnitude would be impossible. I would love to meet each and every one of you.

sandra-leigh
08-25-2008, 12:41 AM
in my humble opion it would be simple as getting the ok from the big boss here then find a location

If such a get-together were to be held, then since the majority of the people appear to be from the USA, attendance would likely be highest if the location were to be in the USA.

But, speaking for myself: if it were in the USA, then the probability of my attending is much reduced. My reasons involve politics and law and so are not appropriate to explicate in this forum.

My modest suggestion:

There is a spot on the Manitoba (Canada) / North Dakota (USA) border called the International Peace Gardens. Citizens from either country can enter and visit the Gardens and facilities without a passport, as long as they exit back to the same country they came from. The area between the north and south gates is shared grounds between the two countries, dedicated to peace.

True, the spot is not without logistic difficulties: there are no major airports within a few hours drive. But it's symbolically a great location! (And it's a nice place to visit -- and the camping and cross-country skiing in the area are very nice!)

Jocelyn Quivers
08-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Count me in, it would be enough incentive for me to actually step out of my closet and go out into the real world en-femme.

Sarah...
08-25-2008, 03:29 AM
I take it no-one fancies Inverness, UK then!!!!

Las Vegas?

Sydney?

Cape Town?

Only 'cause I'd like to go to those places!!

Sarah...

Sarah's lover
08-25-2008, 03:42 AM
Well I was going to suggest that you might like a trip to bonny Scotland, but my lovely Sarah beat me to it!!!!!

Shelly, we'll share the boat with you.

Bev06 GG
08-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Well I was going to suggest that you might like a trip to bonny Scotland, but my lovely Sarah beat me to it!!!!!

Shelly, we'll share the boat with you.

Me too. Funny cause I was only thinking the other day how nice it would be to meet some of you in the flesh. Thing is being in the Uk and the vast majority of members on her being from the US It would be a long old journey for us.
Bev

Amy Hepker
08-25-2008, 04:02 AM
How about Tampa???

gagirl1
08-25-2008, 04:28 AM
i vote vegas. or amsterdam. not for the obvious reasons, but b/c both places would put up with our nonsense and not even bat an eyelid. plus both would be extremely fun. miami would be another good one.

Mary Morgan
08-25-2008, 04:39 AM

Love,
Stephanie

This is actually November 4 through 9

Tina Dixon
08-25-2008, 06:49 AM
have to be a place with a lot of closets...............
Would need one garage door:D

sandra-leigh
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Thing is being in the Uk and the vast majority of members on her being from the US It would be a long old journey for us.

Personally, I'd be happy to visit Europe again; I've been looking for an excuse to go back. For example I haven't been to Ireland yet but I hear that parts of it are really lovely. (Odd -- I can't think of a single active poster from Ireland at the moment!) Scandinavia perhaps? I was in Stockholm for a while and based upon my experiences there I think we would be made welcome there.

I'd be willing to go pretty much anywhere in Europe that I could get passable vegetarian food (unfortunately Edinburgh vegetarian food was quite disappointing after the very nice meals we had anywhere we went in England.)

Joy Carter
08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
As long as there is a dog park, I'm in. :D

Ásfríðr
08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
votes amsterdam

AnnaMaria
08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I believe that the time frame would have to kind of dictate where in the mid-west it should be held. If that is were it was going to be. Let's face it the winter in the northern mid-west really sucks. Not much fun wearing a micro-mini when it is 10 degrees and the wind is blowing.

If we looked at somewhere like St. Louis in the spring or early fall we would probably have a better chance of finding reasonable rates at a hotel. Something like just before tourist season starts or right after it is over.

I don't know much about the area but I do know that with the size I am sure that it would be easier than any other area besides Chicago.

I am sure that if I really look I could find plenty of outside activities to occupy all of us.

Just let me know if you want me to start looking and what kind of time frame to look into.

Anna