PDA

View Full Version : For anyone: Your first meeting

valenstein
08-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Do you remember the first tg person you saw? The first you met, online and/or in person?

I had passed by people before I'm sure, but never really met someone until I had a neighbor in my building move in a few doors down. We talked a few times, she never knew I CD'ed, I could have learned so much from her!

When I first started really CDing with all the makeup and outifts, I IM'ed a gal online to say Hi. I'm sure I looked like crap then, but she wrote me back. I think it was the only conversation we ever had, but I was elated that she talked to me. I still know where to find her, and it's been almost five years now, I think I will IM her to tell her what it meant.

The first CD I ever met was a member of Tri-Ess in my city, we had chatted a bit...I was SOOO nervous, though we were both in drab the first time we met. We never really clicked, but she pointed me to Tri-Ess, and meeting a group when I felt I was the only one who did this was like magic.

Joy Carter
08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
The first TG person I saw ? That was on the Board Walk in Atlantic city. I think he may have lost a bet, as he didn't try very hard to fit in. That was in 67'. My then girl friend got quite a laugh out of it.

The first TG person I met was through here. That would be Teresa Amina. We have gone out several time together. We still keep in contact. She btw is living full time. Lucky girl ! :D

Racey_Rachel
08-25-2008, 09:16 AM
My first TG person was my cousins boyfriend while they were going to high school... relationship did'nt last lol, I still see him from time to time.

CandyDarling
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Not till I was almost 35 years old and had ben dressing in shame and secracy. I saw a pretty t-girl ( not quite passing) having dinner alone. I so wanted to speak to her, to say, "hey I'm like you are" - but I was with friends and I am soooooo closeted. Also I did not want to blow her illusion that she was passing. I did walk by her table about 6 times !!

steftoday
08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I do, very clearly...
I was doing an art show a number of years ago, and an older gentleman came to my table display and started asking about some of my work. he was wearing a gray wig and had a bra on under his man clothes. some of the other display artists were making fun of him, but I answered all his questions and was very polite to him. I thought to myself "that could be me in 40 years..." I would have hoped people would have been kinder to me.

he obviously didn't care about "passing"... I hope that I could do better...but that was the first and only so far. unfortunately, he didn't make a purchase... :(

as far as the first CD I've chatted with, I remember that very well too...

pamisme
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
My first was last new year, she was out side for a bit to get up her nerve to come in for a show that was going on, did not say any thing to her but hi and sell badge to get in to show. My so made big deal out of it after she left.
This was first place that I found other cders, only hear can I be me .

Pam:D

marny
09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Used to cry every night with laura online. She was mean to me and then she was nice to me! Hard time!

CD Susan
09-10-2008, 03:47 AM
I think it is strange how long it takes for things like this to happen. I am 60 and have been a cd since I was 5 years old. I lived my entire life in the closet until just a few months ago. I recently met with another cd that I had been coressponding with for some time. It was an experience for me that I will always remember. We talked for hours while dressed about our cd experiences and we both felt comfortable doing this. Nothing sexual happened as that was agreed to prior to us meeting. It was fun to just sit and talk about being a cd with someone else for the first time. It was like a lifetime of inhibitions just melted away in a matter of minutes. It was a wonderful experiencce for me and one I will always remember.

Genifer Teal
09-10-2008, 04:38 AM
I remember the first person I chatted with on line. Of all things, she lived about 1 mile from my house - maybe less. When you think how huge the internet is, that is quite a coincidence. I thought for sure we'd meet, and she'd help point me in some direction with a purpose.

Alas, it was not in the cards. She was/is married and still hiding it. Now that I see where this has taken me, I see how different it is for her. We have both long since moved. Ocassionally we exchange an email, just to admit we are still out here.

Gen

gagirl1
09-10-2008, 04:44 AM
this was my first time meeting. it definitely got the ball rolling. girl on my left was grabbing my butt. and i didn't mind one bit.

Angie G
09-10-2008, 04:45 AM
The only person I ever seen out in person was at wall mart last year. He was wearing a housedress and no makeup or anything didn't look to good.:hugs:
Angie

ggtracy
09-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I met my first TG's when I was only 18 and hanging out at an club. I was instantly drawn to one, we saw each other outside of the club only once. things did not progress because he later admitted he was gay.

no other real life experiences until I was 40. then I met my current SO, again was drawn to him because of his CDing and pictures. this time, it has worked out well and we are planning a future together.

allisonrn06
09-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I have never met another CD face to face - had the opportunity once, but passed on it. The situation just wasn't right. Still I would like to meet other CD's under the right circumstances - for friendship only. That's part of the reason I joined the forum - to make friends online and (hopefully) some day in person. :)

MJ
09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
the first person i ever saw was a super model her name was tula she was outed by news reporters i could not believe my eyes she was and still is gorgeous..
she wrote a book tula i am a woman and her story could have been mine. thats when i knew i am not alone and if " he " can do it so can i that was it for me.

Caroline "Tula" Cossey (born August 31, 1954, in Brooke, Norfolk), is an English model. Born Barry Kenneth Cossey, she is one of the world's most well known transsexual people, having appeared in a James Bond film and being the first to ever pose for Playboy. Since being "outed" by British tabloid News of the World, Cossey has fought for her right to legally marry a man and to be recognized by the law as a woman.

i want to be just like her .. including playboy :D

Desiree2bababe
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
The first to befriend me was a female impersonator that took me backstage to get a coat hanger so I could unlock my truck. I was in awe of all the clothes backstage.

tommi
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I can not confirm ever seeing anyone in public even though the Lake Erie Gala
used to have a fine dining night 2 blocks away from my house.
Being a small town and staying deep in my closet to avoid being outed.
You folks here are the first and only communications I've had and it's great just knowing I'm not alone.

KarenSusan
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM
First TG person I ever met was Michelle. I was going to a support group meeting for the first time. It was also the first time I drove anywhere completely dressed. The meeting was held in a church and once I got to the church parking lot, I froze. Michelle saw me and came out in the parking lot to reassure me and talk me into the meeting. Bless her.

darla_g
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
i assume you mean beside oneself.

In college my GF had a cousin who was a transsexual (MtF). I was in college taking a psychology course needing to do a paper. So i interviewed her cousin, and two of her friends (MtF & FtM).

This was a fascinating experience to say the least. I had compiled a bunch of research at the time and it was rare, much rarer than today.

Jenny J
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
The first TG person I met in person was at my first Delaware Renaissance meeting I attended in drab. I was mingling a bit and asked her if she was a college student at a local school. She said no but her daughter was starting as a freshman that year.

Now we joke about how I ‘hit’ on her and was trolling for a date that night. We’ve become pretty good friends and she’s been helpful in my CD journey.

Now when we see each other at the meetings we affirm that this is just a ‘date’ and we aren’t going ‘steady’.

Jen

Butterfly Bill
09-10-2008, 09:08 AM
The first ones I saw were on stage. I was in the Navy on my way to Japan in 1967, and I was flown up to San Francisco from San Diego on a Monday morning, and I didn't have to report to Travis AFB for the second part of my flight until Friday, so I had a week for sightseeing. One place I went to was Haight St. (this was the Summer of Love). I also went to Finocchio's, which had a drag show whose fame had spread as far as my hometown of Albuquerque.

The first tg person I met and was able to talk to was at the Rainbow Gathering in Texas in 1988. That was where I came out for the first time and he approached me and congratulated me. He was flamingly swish and was unabashedly brazen about it.

Amanda_in_MA
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
20 years ago I used to work the night shift in a Denny's outside Philly. The third Sat of every month the "that a girl" club used to have a social then come in for coffee afterwords.

I remember it well, I was soo proud of them for not only going out in public, but coming into Denny's during high school hour. After a few months of the girls coming in I encouraged the teenagers to talk with the ladies... it was nice that there all these teenage boys where enjoing the company of the ladies instead of laughing! Gee i wished I was one of them.

A few days later my boss recieved a letter for the club saying thank you for how nice I treated the girls, and saying I should join them some time.

Sarah Doepner
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
My first contacts were thru early chat rooms on the internet. Just a quick message here or there mixed in with all the other comments going on at the same time. It was amazing to see so many people participating in something that I believed was limited to myself and three other people over the last 100 years. I was much happier after that.
The first CD I met was in Las Vegas where I had stopped in to a CD Shop that has since closed. I was getting a wig worked on and the woman doing the work suggested I chat with Geri who was there helping with something. I chated with Geri and was invited to join her and several others at Hamburger Mary's later that evening. I froze in the parking lot and couldn't go in. Went back to my room, overdressed en drab and returned to visit the group. Later Geri went with me to my room so I could change and join the group dressed appropriately. It was my first time out with others and I loved every minute of it.
Geri, if you are out there, Thank You!

meg_dc_00
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
The first time I ever saw another tgirl was when I was12 and my mom took me and a friend to NYC (oddly, I remember it was December 11th, 1987).

At the Strand bookstore, we saw a tgirl, dressed in a blue polka-dot 1950's housewife dress. She was in her mid-thirties, brunette, by herself, just browsing on a Friday afternoon.

My mom talked about it after, (looking back on it now) gossipy, but almost proud that she saw her.

She died less than 10 years later, but I think she'd be cool with it all. I wish I told her about me, but I never did.

Susan.
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
The first ones I ever saw were the "bennie boys" in the Philipines and some similar transgendered women in Singapore. The girls in Singapore were fairly famous but for the life of me I can't remember what they went by. I did read about them in some now defunct men's magazine about the same time. That was back in 1974-75.

Farrah
09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
The firt time I saw a Tg person was when I was about 18 @ a club on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I was in aw. Of course, I couldn't talk to her, b/c I was with my friends. All I could do was stare and think about going back the next week alone. I never did though.

I've never met a TG personally. I would really love to, however.

JennaKnots
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I was born in 1967 in Greenwich Village. Growing up there at that time I saw all sorts of trans-folk on a regular basis. Didn't realize I was one of them til teen years though and didn't accept it till about 10 years ago.

First get together was with one who hit on me all night. Flattering, but not what I had wanted. Oh well.

DeeDeeB
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Saw His Majesty, the Queen, Frank Marino in Vegas 10 or so years ago. Great show. Many lovely girls in the cast. We bought his book and he signed it after the show. He wasn't especially talkative with us common folk, however. First communication has been here, with all you wonderful girls. First meeting I suspect will be at SCC Atlanta. I hear there may be a few CDs there. :D

Dee :fairy1:

susan fuller
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
The first cd'er I talked to was this year when I contacted Tri-Ess here in Houston. I have met several real nice girls since and even had a party at my house. It felt great to be able to go out wiith other girls and be my self.

Nicole Erin
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
That I knew for fact was DQ/CD -
First time I had ever seen one real life I was 20 hanging out in a club. There were a couple drag queens and a CD or two on the dance floor. One had this short skirt and real nice legs. At the time I struggled with the fact that I enjoyed the sight of her legs in a mini and heels...

Besides, at the time, I was still kind of freaked out about men dressing like women...

First time I ever talked to a CD was at the same club but she was a "bad girl". She needed a ride home, but I didn't help. I think it was cause of how she offered to return the favor.

First TS i ever met and talked to was from a group here in Indy. She is the leader of the group and is quite civilized and explained about being CD/TS in a lot of detail. We had met at a restaurant, it was planned.
So it was at that point I truely understood we are really no different than anyone else.

Yeah back then I never thought I would see the day when I actually would befriend CD/TS/ and OK, one DQ I work with. :heehee: Only now I am jealous when they look better than I do....

charlie
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Its funny, but the first TG people I met were in a "Trasvesti" bar in Tijuana, Mexico. I was going there in the early 1980's on business and stopped in out of curiosity. I would have a few drinks at the bar and talk to the dancers between sets. Many of them looked perfect. Some would have troubles with their tucks when dancing! Their stories were similar to ones we read here on the forum. Mainly, just born in the wrong bodies and wanted to be the fairer sex. Very few CD in the crowd.

Sharon
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
During my last year of high school, I attended classes near what was then the red district of Philadelphia, complete with at least two bars that catered to CDs and those who loved them. I must have seen a few dozen different women, ranging from everyday crossdressers to hookers and the simply gorgeous to those who..., well, let's just say, imagine Dick Butkus in a vinyl mini, mini skirt and F-me heels. It was a true education and scary as hell at the same time.

Deborah Jane
09-11-2008, 03:45 PM
My first meeting with another c/der while dressed was earlier this year.
She picked me up in her car to go clubbing and on the way she pulled over and tried groping me :eek: ....I got out of there quick!!
Theres not been a second meeting, as i,m now kind of weary of meeting anyone else!! :sad:

I,ve been clubbing since, but only in a group, never with just one person alone!!

Cathytg
09-11-2008, 04:06 PM
How hard it is for me to identify a CD in a crowd. I would not think that it would be challenge at all, but is.

My first encounter was a dinner date I had with a well-known CD. She was gracious and we had a two-hour dinner and talk in a very expensive restaurant in Phoenix. That was where I learned that you get treated better at classier places. It was a magical evening that I will always remember. Oh, she was dressed and I was not. I would dress if we did it today but it was too soon back then.