PDA

View Full Version : dressing for the season

Bridged
08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts about this. My husband says that his desire/need/ compulsion to cd comes in waves with the changes of the season. He says winter is the time he feels the most compelled to dress, whereas in summer he feels very little need. Anyone else? any insight? thanks
Bridged

Karren H
08-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Well I'm simular and the way I see it you can wear more women's colthing in the winter so pound for pound, crossdressing in the winter if more fun!! right? lol That and the fact it's easier to hide under a long winter coat than a tiny summer sundress...

And the heat of summer really sucks... imho... (LOL @ Tomara)...

Don't know how real women do that in the summer...

meg_dc_00
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
It's somewhat seasonal for me too, alot has to do with shaving, its much easier to get away being smooth during colder weather.

Also, since Halloween occurs in the fall (many crossdresser's favorite "holiday"), many of us feel an even greater need to dress up around then and maybe it carries over.

For me, I shave my body with the first sniff of fall, which happened yesterday...lol

docrobbysherry
08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Do u live somewhere that has distinct seasons? Maybe it has to do with being cooped up inside in the winters? Here in Cal, we don't have real seasons.
In any case, I don't feel any more or less, like dressing, according to the season.

lisa_vin
08-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Bridged and welcome! I see you have new member status so here's a Texas Howdy fer ya'! For me, it's not so much seasonal as it is physical. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic Epstein-Barr virus and during flareups my interest is very low to virtually non-existent. I do underdress daily with at least panties on so I don't feel completely detached from my "whole" self. I like myself better, am much happier and mellow and feel "complete" even just with panties on, even if the health is poor. I've learned over the years by my own feelings and by talking with therapists that to deny or suppress my femme side is not healthy for me and I'm not much fun to be around either.

Hope that helps some!

Hugs,
Lisa

BTW.....ironic, isn't it, to be diagnosed with conditions that are much more related to females than to males......10 to 1 ratio.

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I have all spring summer stuff. I love those fashions. During the winter, I'll probably have to stay dressed at home since it will be too cold to go out or if I ever go to a CD event,just change there and change back for the ride home.

Felicity :)

Annaliese
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
For me it is year round

heidi99
08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
It's somewhat seasonal for me too, alot has to do with shaving, its much easier to get away being smooth during colder weather.

Quite right, Meg!

I also have summer time activities that are more male-driven, so fall and winter are when Heidi comes back around. The anticipation is there during the spring and summer, though.

Angie G
08-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I love to dress for the season. All 4 of them. :hugs:
Angie

Joni T
08-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Dressing is definately a cold weather sport.

Jonianne
08-26-2008, 04:15 AM
I love the fall and winter fashions the best. I don't shave my body or legs so I don't go out dressed in the summer at all or most of the spring. My favorites are long skirts with tights so the cooler months are the best for me. So when fall comes, I start getting ready.

Also, it could be that during the summer, some of us spend a lot more time outdoors doing typical guy things in drab, but when fall and winter come, our thoughts turn to more feminine indoor activities.

Raychel
08-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Definitly a year round thing for me, Although it is ALOT more enjoyable when the summer heat is gone. :thumbsup:

LisaElizabeth
08-26-2008, 07:46 AM
For me it's just a matter of time!!! Summers are FULL!!! No time to think about dressing, let alone taking a weekend to go somewhere for a night out!!!
Yet in the cooler weather, it is a little easier to schedule the time, since it rains or snows and the outdoor stuff is on hold.
At least that is what I tell myself!! But the desire to dress just isn't there in the warmer months when I want to be out digging in the yard or working on my collector cars, or going to festivals and car shows.
I'll start the end of September, this year. That will be my first trip to Chicago for a weekend seminar and a 'Girl's Night Out'.
Any other Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin Girls want to join me and a few friends???
Sept 27th (saturday Night)
PM or e-mail me!!
Lisa E

valenstein
08-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Something just popped into my head, I don't know if this has any merit to me or anyone else but when summers are warm enough, I'm in shorts and flip flops and don't wear a shirt outside if I don't have to. I'm at the point where having male clothes against my skin makes me feel funny. Having to wear all the guy stuff to keep warm in winter would drive me nuts. The urge also goes up when I'm stressed, and maybe the whole holiday season plays a part, I'm not sure.

In most places, the days are shorter and nights are longer, it's easier to sit on my back porch in a skirt without worrying about the neighbors, though it does make me feel like a vampire sometimes.

TGMarla
08-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I dress year round, but I admit that I enjoy it more in the winter, when the heat is so much less. No one likes to perspire while wearing their pretty clothes. But I like not dressing at all a whole lot less. I wear lighter, cooler clothes in the summer, and in the winter I pull out the sweaters and such.

Sara Jessica
08-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Just a couple years ago, I'd have been right there with you in agreement. Not so much about the desire to present in girl mode but rather the pain in the neck it was to deal with the nylons, makeup and long sleeves in 90+ degree weather. I have since been keeping my legs smooth, 86'ed the nylons and long sleeves and have learned that for me, powder foundation is effective over a heavier liquid and I haven't looked back. The hot weather is a time this girl can embrace like never before. Light makeup, cami tops, capri pants, sandals...not so sure I'm looking forward much to the cooler weather!!!

Sally2005
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
It comes in unpredictable waves for me. Since winter comes with a ton of snow and cold temperatures it is more difficult to dress because as well as basic clothing you need boots, coat, hat, mits, scarf etc etc... it is easier to dress in the summer except for the hair and body fat distribution issues. Unless you are open with your CDing, summer makes it difficult because you want to have a normal guy experience too.

If you are in to dressing for certain events it can be fun. In winter you can go skiing enfem, skating. Summer biking, jogging etc. The fall is good because you have an excuse that you are getting ready for halloween so your guy life doesn't get damaged much.

I'm wondering if CDing has something to do with the stress that is caused by the demands we feel of others that we fit in to a male support role. I'm expected to fix everything, to know how, to make the plan, I pick up something pink and people make a joke, to be the perfect brother & host etc. etc... CDing is like a mini vacation.

debbeelee1
08-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Yes, I think I do more CD'ing in the colder months too, although I just started shaving my legs in the summer and that seems to make me want to do it more now!

shannonsilk
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I din't go out at all in Jan or Feb or part of March this year. But I went out maybe 10 days in June and July was busy also. There are some lighter wigs you can wear in summer. This summer has been relatively low in humidity as well.

kimmy p
08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts about this. My husband says that his desire/need/ compulsion to cd comes in waves with the changes of the season. He says winter is the time he feels the most compelled to dress, whereas in summer he feels very little need. Anyone else? any insight? thanks
Bridged

For me there is the fact that I really don't look as good as I would like in girly mode. I kook better in longer thicker clothing. In the summer I really cant get away with the lighter clothing (it doesn't hide the padding so well :o) Not to mention that wigs get very warm in the summer. So I can understand where he's coming from when he says that. I always look forward to fall and winter since I can start getting my sweaters out. :heehee:

Susan Watersfield
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I used to find dressing in the summer more difficult than in the winter. It's easier to conceal yourself under heavier winter clothes, and shut windows/drawn curtains.

However, this year I decided to make effort and made sure I hads plenty of summer outfits. That, coupled with a little caution with the curtains and windows has meant that my CD activities have not deminished this summer as they have in previous years.

As for a drop in the desire to dress, well, I haven't noticed any difference. :)

Veronica 1
08-26-2008, 11:05 AM
I dress year round but I do like winter best because then I can wear my B cup forms under my parka when I go out.

DonnaT
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
I dress year round also. As for the heat of summer, cami's and shorter skirts take care of that. ;)

CD Susan
08-26-2008, 05:04 PM
The urge to cd remains constant year round for me.I prefer the summer months when I can go out wearing my shorts and short skirts. I like Sept. and Oct. the most when the humidity is lower. Winter depresses me because I have to wear too many clothes to stay warm. I dress every day so I am kept indoors most of the time during the winter months. This is not as much fun as being outside in warm weather but having lived in the northern part of the U.S. all of my life I have learned to deal with this.

Deanna2
08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
The only thing that changes with the seasons is the type of clothes I wear.

Melinda G
08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
For me, I shave my body with the first sniff of fall, which happened yesterday...lol
That's cheating. It's not fall yet.:D

I have really enjoyed this summer, dressing as scantily as possible. I ordered several sleeveless rompers, from the Carol Wright mail order catalog, in terry, and rayon, in several colors. I also discovered a fondness for womens sandals, which I had always avoided previously. But with a little footcare, and toenail polish, my feet look better than I could have imagined.
So I go out on some remote two tracks in the state forest, and go for long walks in just a romper and sandals. No underwear. Feels really great, with the breeze blowing all over me. Sometimes, I just wear a tiny chemise and sandals. And often, I just take off the romper or chemise, and hang it on a tree, and continue, wearing only the sandals. I know several remote two tracks in the woods, blocked by fallen trees at both ends, where nobody goes all summer. I always check for tire tracks or footprints, but never see any. I shaved myself, right up until mid June, but let it grow out for some social events coming up, along with a doctor visit. This week, it all comes off again, and back out in the woods we go. You can still enjoy the summer, with a little imagination.:heehee:

Believe me, these things feel really good, light and airy. They are made of rayon, I believe, and feel really smooth and slitthery, especially if you're shaved. They have elastic at the waist, and the top, and fit a range of sizes.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/popeye9941/romp.gif

http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/cwg_v2/cwg_layout_base2.cfm?mid_sec_page=cwg_prod_detail&seq_no=7&min_seq_no=106&SingleItem=64402