PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Boosters

Cristi
08-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Lets focus on the POSITIVE for a while. I'm sure that most of us who have ever gone out have had good things happen. The kind of things that lift you up for the rest of the day and make you think "Maybe I CAN do this without making a fool out of myself!"

So share your confidence boosting moments. For me, I'd say:

1) The first time I was called "Ma'm" (By a security guard at a courthouse entrance no less, when he needed me to stop so he could check me with the metal-detector wand. He also had to take a look through my purse!)

2) The time an elderly woman commented "You have lovely hair, dear" as I walked past her to enter a store

3) Last halloween I was dressed and visiting an office where I know some people (former clients). The two people downstairs knew who I was right away, since they had expected me. But as I was standing there talking to them, a third person came into the room. The office manager thought quick on her feet and said "Frank" (not his real name). "This is Helen, a new client. Why don't you show her around?" Well, 'Frank' smiled at me, offered his hand which I shook and asked me where I was from. As soon as I spoke to answer, he did a double take not quite sure about something, looked at me very closely THEN started laughing. I considered this a HUGE confidence boost, since not only did I PASS for a bit with him while he was looking right at me (until I spoke), but he KNEW me as a guy and never suspected that it was me until I told him my real name (even when he found out I was a man, I still had to tell him who I was).

So what 'confidence boosting' memories do YOU have?

Marissa Mae
08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
On Halloween last year with my gf, being in a club that was sort of empty (and most people weren't dressed up), and a guy telling me "you are the cutest woman in here tonight"... not that I like compliments from guys, I was just taken aback by a nice comment, thinking that most people out there would be jerks about a guy in drag :heehee:

That same night a guy talked to me for like 10 minutes before I told him I was a guy. He was shocked, a little embarrassed. It was dark in there though, so I am sure it wouldn't have happened in broad daylight, but still :)

JaytoJillian
08-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I'd say being hit on by someone I worked with who still has no idea to this day who he had propositioned ranks pretty high for me. A confidence booster, but totally scary! Being persued by a totally hot lesbian who wanted to "broaden her experiences," is probably number two.

vivianann
08-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Being call ma'am, asked out by GG's, compliments, and most of all being told welcome to womanhood by GG's. and being accepted as one of the girls.

Katheryn
08-26-2008, 06:03 AM
So share your confidence boosting moments.

The first time my sister, wife and I had a girls night out and went to a restaurant. I was very nervous getting ready, first time to a mainstream restaurant en femme. When the server said "Can I get you ladies something to drink?" I relaxed.

Kate

LisaElizabeth
08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
When I went out for the first time and realized that not many people really cared how I was dressed.
The 'ladies and Ma'ams' are all nice but the confidence came when I noticed that the majority of people are more concerned with their own life happenings and not what you are wearing or ordering for dinner.
That and the fact that there wasn't an angry mob of farmers carrying sharp tools to poke me whien I stepped out the door for the first time!!! A lot of fears disappeared very quickly for me.
I still get a few jitters befroe I walk out the door, but it's more like..... Is my makeup 'good enough' not 'GOD!!! What am I doing?????'
I hope this makes sense to a few people....
Lisa ELizabeth