PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried hypnosis to stop dressing

Jae
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
The way I feel at present I would give anything to stop my desire to dress. Is there anyone out there who knows of anyone who has tried hypnosis and what was the result.

Sandra Dunn
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I do not know of anyone who has ever tried that. Personally, sorry sister you arewho you are. Everytime I tried to purge and fight this, I only ended up in a worse state of mind and physical being.
Don't you think we'd be hearing about a super cure for our "condition"? I've not heard of one yet and at this point I'd be leary of one.
HUGS Sandra

Nicki B
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
:hugs: .

wishonastar
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
No luck with that either. I can not get into a trance. Have not had a professional try though just self hypnosis.

Maria2222
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry you feel this way Jae. In my experience, your cross dressing urges always come back. I believe it's inborn into you at birth.

Jonianne
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Jae,

My heart goes out to you because of your struggle. I took the time to read some of your other posts and saw that you have had this inner desire for probably 50 years. I can't imagine a hypnosis "quick fix" eliminating that. I could be wrong.

You could by sheer will power stop, I'm sure, but it's not likely the desire will go away. The struggle will always be there.

For me, choosing to accept and be OK with myself as a crossdresser wasn't easy, but it was better than living with that struggle which kept me so depressed for so long.

Accepting it doesn't mean you have to lose yourself in your desires. We all have certain restrictions and limitations that we choose to live by. My wife accepts me as a crossdresser, but we have worked out boundries that we both can agree on and the struggle to keep those boundries is nothing compared to the struggle I had in not accepting my self.

I hope you can see where I am comming from. I hope you are not offended by my post.

Maybe someone here knows about hypnosis and can directly answer your question.

suzy cool
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Hypnosis won't change any aspect of your thinking that your own thinking won't do.

PamelaTX
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Jae:

It's taken me almost 50 years to accept myself for what I am. I'm not going to try and speak for you, but as for myself, I always felt that I was pretty messed up inside. By accepting crossdressing as something good, I was finally able to untie a lot of the knots in my personality. I finally realized that the urge to dress and present myself as a woman would never go away, and suppressing the urge was messing me up in a lot of other ways.

Once I finally accepted this as "normal for me" I started waking up in the middle of the night crying -- because I was so happy.

I wish you all the love and happiness in the world.

Your friend,
Pam

celeste26
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Self hypnosis starts with controlled breathing and quieting mind down to become sensitive to pulses. It is impossible with a mind that is constantly busy.

But I believe that everyone can attain at least a beginning level of hypnosis. I am a heavy user of some of these techniques and I use it to improve my CDing not eliminate it.

It is not some magic formula though that will instantly transform our lives.

MattiQ
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a hard time believing that hypnosis can cover up your natural feelings, but I wish you luck.

Jolene
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope you can find your way through your struggle. Not sure if hypnosis would help but you could try it if you feel so strongly about your situation.
I agree with others here that crossdressing is something we must be born with and have inside us always. We all live in different situations but I know I could never put mine back into a bottle and do not think I would ever want to. I have accepted it as a part of me and it is not always easy being a male and feeling so female inside one body but to me that is how it seems. All of my life there has always been a strong female side to me and after so many years I have finally embraced it. The emotions and feelings comes so naturally now and there are ups and downs in my life as with all of us but I do feel more complete these days.
I thank all of you for being here to support me. This is the only place I can really let my hair down about all of this.
Jolene :)

Sorry to ramble on here but I hope it somehow helps someone else out with their feelings.

sterling12
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I have talked to a few people who do hypnosis. On the stage and those who do it therapeutically. They have always emphasized that Hypnosis CANNOT make you do anything which your mind does not desire, or at least has no reservations about.

This is why you see such spotty results when it comes to extinguishing habits and phobias. Your mind either consciously or sub-consciously, just doesn't want to do it; not if it feels good or has psychic rewards.

So really think it through. You say that you would give anything to stop doing it, but if your mind fixates on CD, even when you temporarily stop; then obviously your mind thinks it's OK, and the results you currently desire are not likely. The Hypnotherapist would treat your CD like a habit. You will have to reason out if your mind just sees it as a nasty habit worthy of being extinguished, or something that gives pleasure and is desirable?

Hmmm, that kind of makes the problem more difficult, doesn't it? Maybe some of the strong storage areas of your brain, don't care what your short term frontal lobes are desiring. Maybe they trump the thoughts of today!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shelly Preston
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
I think the best comparrison I can make is smoking

I know a few people who tried hypnosis to stop, and while they said it did not make them want to stop they learned a few techniques to help them

Melinda G
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
It's a lifelong thing. Quit agonizing over it, and just enjoy it. And thank God you're not some Joe Sixpack sitting in a smokey bar, trying to pick up some tramp, to get off.

Angie G
08-27-2008, 12:09 AM
I just don't know why anyone would want to stop dressing It's so much fun. :hugs:
Angie

FlygrlChristy
08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Jae:

Look through some of these threads, your going to find that a lot of us have thought we had that same desire to control this and make it stop. Look at how many of us and how many times we have had the urge to purge, thinking that if we just get rid of this stuff, this insidious desire will go away.

The truth of the matter is, that it just doesn't go away and you can't will it away. That urge just comes back stronger and more pervasive than before.
I've been told by a therapist that for a while electro shock therapy was used to try to suppress the urges, and they found that it had no effect whatsoever. Accepting that this is part of you, and the support you can get from the girls on this forum is a lot less stressful, than trying to deny that this is part of who you are.

Good Luck:hugs:

Christy

Nicki B
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I just don't know why anyone would want to stop dressing It's so much fun. :hugs:
Angie

Perhaps Jae thinks her marriage is more important for her long-term happiness?

ashlee chiffon
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Hypnosis only helps you do things you want to and are predisposed to do in your subconscious/ You would Really have to want to quit for it to possibly be of any benefit, and if you Reallly wanted to quit, you would. Likewise, hypnosis can't make you do things your nature feels is wrong...just won't happen.
Accept it...struggle to contain the urges...seek a support group to help if need be...and don't let it interfere with your life as best as possible...
just my humble opinion..
:bonk:

cdmindymi
08-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Jae I hear what you are asking. I spent most of last winter looking and researching for a cure. In fact it was how I found this site. I though what you were thinking and came up with the same thing as other have said. Crossdressing is not a habit like smoking, it has something to do with the way we are wired. I know that don’t help, I didn’t like when I got that kind of answers. It felt like I didn’t have any choose, I was doom to have to dress. I hated that idea. So I continue to searching the web. Believe me when I say I have put a lot of time into this hunt as if my life depended on it. I also put a lot of time in me own head asking, why am I like this? When and what got me started? Why did I always fail when I did quit? The last one was simple to answer; I would fail when my will power got low. Then I would look at what cause my will power to fail, and say ok if I can fix that what else would I have to over come? Desire ? No I don’t desire to dress, I want to stop. What was it? Feminine! It is my feminine side. And now we are back to how we are wired or born whatever way you like to say it. The problem really dear isn’t how we were born, it is how the out side world look at us. Here in Michigan we have some doe’s with horns; that is why the legal name for a deer doe permit is antler less deer permit. I know a guy who shot one while it was trying to mount another doe. I might be over the top here, but to me it shows us that we are part of nature and our problem is with how society portrays us. So for me I decided to learn to accept myself as I was born, and not how other tell me I should be. I wish you the best in your search, and I am sorry I couldn’t help or make it any easier for you.

Jae
08-28-2008, 06:27 AM
As usual Nicki has extraordinary perception, although in this case she has the advantage of actually having met me and my SO and is a very dear and most helpful friend.

I really do appreciate all your replies, thank you so much.

Karren H
08-28-2008, 06:55 AM
My MIL did that for smoking and she hasn't smoked in 20 years.... I'd say give it a shot...

Tina B.
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
What could it hurt to try? If it works, problem solved, if it doesn't what have you lost but a few dollars, or pounds, Euro's what ever you folks spend this days.
But I know in my case, trying to quit with out a cure, was worst on my marriage than the dressing was, as I became sullen, depressed, filled with hostility, and resentment, and my wife thought it was her fault, lucky for me she excepted me as I am, and I turned out to be a very happy person that is fun to be around.
I know how hard it can be to live with this for so many people, and not everyone can be lucky enough to have a partner that can learn to except us as we are, so I hope you find the answer that works for you, neither you or your wife should have to settle for less than a happy life.
Tina B.

Anna the Dub
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Have I tried hypnosis to stop dressing?

No, would never ever consider it. Why should I give up something that makes me so happy and content? I love wearing pretty clothes, and will continue to do so for as long as I live.

Melinda G
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Would hypnosis help me get into a smaller size?:D

Joanne f
08-28-2008, 01:10 PM
One the one hand i would say , there is no way i would consider hypnosis to stop dressing in the way a like because i believe that i am doing no wrong, yet on the other hand if someone asked me if they should have hypnosis to control a desire that was making a part of their life very difficult then i might say try it if you think it would help ( OK smells a bit of don`t do as i do, do what you want ):heehee:

joanne :fairy2:

susan fuller
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't know if it would help but it probally wouldn't hurt. For me I love the feel of being dressed up as a girl too much to consider it. Now if it would help me co-ordinate my outfits more I might try it.

kathtx
08-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Jae, could it be more productive to use hypnosis and therapy to help you understand why you're so conflicted about dressing, and maybe point the way to some balance?

I wish you the best of luck... I spent my teens and early 20s trying to deny who I was, and know the inner pain and conflict. Somehow -- I'm not entirely sure how -- I came to accept myself, and now would never turn off my transgendered nature. I hope you can find a way to strike a balance between your CD desires and the rest of your life.

marny
09-06-2008, 01:55 AM
sorry to her you feel the way you do. You should enjoy who and what you are! marny

Billie Jean
09-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I have a hard time believing that hypnosis can cover up your natural feelings, but I wish you luck.Well said. Jane sex columnist for Leg Show magazine states that hynosis is ineffective when trying to change our inner feeling but can be effective when changing habits. Billie Jean

trannie T
09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I have reservations about the effectiveness of hypnotism. If you find your desires to dress are upsetting to you see a good counselor or therapist, they may be able to give you some help.

In my limited experience most of us have an inborn desire to dress and are pretty much untreatable. I hope you are able to get the treatment you desire or are able to gain some self acceptance.

susiej
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Many of us have commented, and I agree, that hypnosis can't make you do anything you don't wish to do -- and yet, the literature is full of examples of it being effective in smoking cessation and such.

How many hypnotists does it take to change a light bulb? Only one, but the light bulb really has to want to change :).

Jae, if you truly see crossdressing as an unpleasant compulsive habit that you stumbled into one day, and would be much happier if you could quit -- like smoking -- then I'm sure a hypnotherapist can help you achieve that goal. But, I'll bet if you go visit one, he/she will first take the approach that Kathtx suggested, that you should explore your relationship with your feminine side, and make sure this is something you really want to get rid of.

Oh, and don't be too put off by all of us girlies telling you crossdressing is "incurable". For us, it is -- we're girlies, and most of us have come to enjoy it! But your mileage may vary.

I use self-hypnosis to reinforce, not decrease, my femininity, and I can tell you (as an experimental sample-set of 1) that it does really work, and it really does help. Feeling feminine is what I want to happen, and consequently, hypnosis helps me focus on achieving it. If giving up crossdressing (or eliminating your wicked golf hook) is something you really want to do, there is plenty of documented evidence that hypnosis is a good tool to help you achieve your inner goals.

Hugs,
Susie

marny
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
:)so sad for you. I love to dress!

Cathy J
09-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Who would want to stop dressing. I love dressing and it's the most fun I can have with my clothes on.

Love and hugs

Jae
09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I do appreciate all your replies particularly those of you who offered sympathy for my pain. For those of you who could not understand why I would want to stop, the message below which I sent to some of you who replied to my thread earlier explains why I would dearly like my desire to dress to go away. Having said that I feel an utter fraud, as I have now made an appontment with a dressing service, only the second time in my life that I will be dressed. I am so blessed with a wife who despite wishing I was normal is not attempting to stop me.

"Thank you all very much for your replies.

If I was single, I would not be having a problem. It is because my problem obviously affects my darling wife that I wish it would go away. She has been so good about me wanting to dress since I told her about my wish back in May.

She has seen the photographs from my one and only time I have ever dressed, but I know I could not face her en femme(is that the right term?). We have always done things together, but this is something I am too embarrassed about to include her. Until the other day I could not even look at her when we spoke about the problem.

Jonianne, Many thanks for the lead to the thread about Accepting oneself. No way was I offended. Maybe if I did fully accept who I am I would not be so terrified of my wife seeing me dressed.

All of you, your kind words mean such a lot.

Jae"

Willa
09-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I have used hypnosis for many things and have gain an inner peace and calm from using hypnosis in a positive manner. It was amazingly effective in helping me quit smoking (10yrs and I'll never go back) but most of all it has helped get rid of all of the anxiety I had previous to being hypnotized.

if you know what you are looking to get out of it, it could be very beneficial to you in the end, so give it a shot it couldn't hurt....

Best wishes to you...

Claire3
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Good luck to you if its what you really want.I have an odd moment from time to time when i wish i didnt cd.It soon passes:)

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Jae,
How does your wife feel about you getting dressed? Does she want to see you dressed femme? If she is ok with it,then I say go for it and dress up. Myself I dressed up a little when I was 16,but back in 1981 and being in 10th grade,that wasn't cool.I stopped and surpressed my urge to dress for 26 years till one night early this year when I got dressed in front of my wife as a joke, my femme side was out and there was no way it was going back.I then bought myself a few more wigs,makeup and a nice little wardrobe and dress at home every chance I get.Even if its for a few hours.When I explained it to my wife what happen in 1981 and how I always had the urge but surpressed it,she was fine. She is totally cool about it. We have been married 16 years and had I known she be ok with it, I would've started dressing femme alot sooner. Unless your wife has any issues with it,don't deny who you are. Take care and good luck.

Felicity :)

chrissietoo
09-10-2008, 02:42 PM
A friend and I took a hypnosis class together given at my (communal) house, and we used to play around giving each other guided "meditations", nice little journeys that made us feel good. We'd ask each other what we wanted to imagine before we started. Well.......

....I said, "How about I'm a pretty woman today?" Well, I'd never felt so thoroughly femme before in all my life, it was awesome! We decided to go out to some clubs...I wasn't dressed, but it didn't matter at all!

Our relationship took a different turn after that, too! :heehee:

:o Chrissie

btw, I gave up hypnosis for meditation...much better!