PDA

View Full Version : I really don't know what category I belong in...

Shy
05-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Does anyone else feel a little uncomfortable calling themselves transgendered, or even a crossdresser? Although I love wearing women's clothes, makeup, wigs, etc - I still hesitate to label myself either a CD or TG. By searching through the various pages out there, and meeting CDs in real life, I think I'd rather call myself 'bigendered' as opposed to anything else. Either that, or 'heterosexual drag queen'. Most of the styles of clothing and makeup I own would fall into the 'drag' category, turning heads whether or not it's me or a GG wearing it.

Anyone else feel a little strange calling themselves a crossdresser? I know that techincally that's what I'm called, but I really don't seem to fit the description.

DonnaT
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I have no problem calling myself CD/TG/TV/T-girl. It's only label. Of course, bigendered does sounds better and have used the term before. I wonder why all the people a long time ago, that came up with these labels, didn't think of us as having two coinciding genders and use the term bigendered or dual gendered.

Ibuki_Warpetal
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't like saying the word "crossdresser", because it sounds bad and comes with a social stigma.
For myself I prefer transgendered or even gender-queer, weird as it sounds. n_n

Jen_TGCD
05-24-2005, 12:13 AM
... I think I'd rather call myself 'bigendered' as opposed to anything else. Either that, or 'heterosexual drag queen'...

Heterosexual Drag Queen... :D :thumbsup: I love it ! ! !

I have used, Gender Versatile or Gender Variable and Multi-Gendered in the past. Gender Ambiguous was a good one I went by for a few years. Trying to find where you fit in is a tough one but... it will change, too, as you grow in awareness and confidence.

Often, Drag Queen works for me... being that I love doing the total Glam thing. Some like the "Tarty" look... I want to be "Fabulous"!!! :D (Hey... it works for us older gals!!!)

Just remember... if you are asked at a job interview, the minister of your church is curious why you are wearing pantyhose and heels or you are in the presence of any Advocacy Group, especially with TSs around... you are Transgender... without the "...ed". Very PC... ya know!

BTW... using TG and CD really doesn't bother me... as you can tell by my name! If I was your age... I'd be using GQ (Gender Queer), which is like saying, If you don't like the way I dress... F___ Y___!!! My radical days are way in the past now... and anyway... TG is easier to type! :cool:

Holly
05-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Shy, quite simply, you belong with us. Glad to have you here. If you really stop and think about it, labels are quite transitory in nature. I was a baby, then a boy... eventually grew up to be, well, whatever I am now. I've also been a son, a soldier, a husband, a business person, a daddy, a friend, a worker, and a whole bunch of other stuff. And I imagine that I will be other things before I check out of this life. No one label defines WHO I am... nor can it define anyone else. Labels are simply for the convinience of others. If someone wants to refer to me as a crossdresser, that's fiine with me. But I know that it comes nowhere close in describing who I really am. Does that help?

CharleneCD
05-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Crossdresser, TG, TGirl, class 3 androgyn, or whatever else, I dont care what I am called as long as I can dress fem and belong with the wonderful people in this forum. Bi gendered works too. Just know that if you dress you belong. Welcome to our happy little home and enjoy your time here.

Mia lynn
05-24-2005, 03:34 AM
I just know that I love dress up and act very fem. I feel so very good when wearing a very sexy dress, sauntering around in heels, and putting on makeup.
Mia

Clare
05-24-2005, 04:04 AM
Since i first heard the term, i have never like the name 'crossdresser'. Then again, i wasn't aware of alternative titles, so i had to put up with it.

The term 'crossdresser' is a descriptive term, it indicates what people do.

But this doesn't reflect the person themselves. In this view, I think the term transgender is a more approriate title.

It inplies that I / we transfer from one gender affiliation to another and back again - hence the trans. And we are talking gender orientated activity, so Transgender seems appropriate for me.

Christine

philmaria
05-24-2005, 04:32 AM
I know what you mean about feeling a little strange,i always hated that word,but after meeting others that dress,i have gotten use to it,and i like the word now,i would only tell other dressers i dress,but i am proud to use it when i talk with them

jo_ann
05-24-2005, 04:35 AM
I don't know why we call ourselves crossdressers at all. women are crossdressers everyday, but somehow men need a label because society doesn't think we're supposed to dress that way.

Sharon
05-24-2005, 04:42 AM
I don't know why we call ourselves crossdressers at all. women are crossdressers everyday, but somehow men need a label because society doesn't think we're supposed to dress that way.

The only women who are crossdressers are those who pack a cod piece. Otherwise they are just dressing in a manner that is stylish for the day.

Wendy me
05-24-2005, 05:57 AM
ok if you let it trying out witch name /lable fits you ..it will drive you nutts ok i am a long time crossdresser...terms that out there i realy don't need ....this lable that i weare and makes me sooooooooooooo happy to be called it is happy......call me what you want stick any lable you need to on me ....but i call me happy......

KarenXDR
05-24-2005, 06:26 AM
....and the glamour look! And Wendy, as usual, doesn't give a hoot as long as she's having fun. I have to agree with both. Who cares how we have to identify our avocation - it's just plain fun - with or without sexual involvement.

Why don't we all call ourselves PRIVATE DRESSERS. We dress our "privates" in private?...................lol

Lipstick kisses

Karen

P. S. The younger people on here ought to ask themselves why they invariably hide their year of birth while the old broads (45 plus) always seem to be up front about their age, when one would expect the opposite to be true!!! That subject is more interesting than our label.

sarah
05-24-2005, 06:56 AM
The problem is simple the cure dificult ..Try this.. in our house we have no male /female my wife and i are not ruled by gender we can be either and apart from in front of the children there is never a thought about labels .Sure i could be a tv,or crossdresser ,but as long as we are happy who gives a rats what the rest of the world thinks ..Dont forget no one asked us for our opinion when they made all these silly rules about dress ...I guess i would be androgynous.... :-

Maddie Knight
05-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Do you need a lable ?
Just be yourself, its all you can be.

Kimberly
05-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Do you need a lable ?
Just be yourself, its all you can be.
Nicely said, Maddie! :)

But anyway:

I consider myself to be at an important stage in my CDing development. I have shed the sexual longing that Transvestitism brings to female apparel, and have found a more comfortable me by wearing clothes for longer periods of time. Yesterday, for more or less the first time, I wore complete female attire all day. I found it SO comfortable... the evening, when my parents came home, I felt the need to pull down my skirt and cross my legs - even though I was wearing drab jeans!!

Also, been having the urge to come out to a lot more of my friends. If they know about me, maybe I will be more comfortable being "me" in front of them... so when moan about something girly that I can empathise with, we can have a REAL conversation about it, rather than my crossdressing alarm going off, saying, "AVOID CONVERSATION AT ALL COSTS".

I also may need to come out to my parents soon, due to moving house while I'm away etc... they'll find my stash, so I'll need to pack it away or inform them about it. The second option will probably lead to more benefits in the long term.

So, yeh... I'm in between TV and CD/TG at the moment... or what I consider those 'labels' to mean, anyway.

Deanna2
05-26-2005, 11:44 PM
There should be label 'bloke (guy) who likes wearing femme gear, just for the heck of it'. I know it's a mouthful and even the acronym (bwlwfg,jfthoi) would be meaningless. For me, wearing femme gear is not a gender or sexual issue. It is just plain straight FABULOUS.

Luvya

AbbyLee
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
As is the case with so many others, labels do not matter, it is what is inside and outside and how it makes me feel. In other words female :D All kidding aside, when I am dressed I am very much a female and this forum is the best place to express whatever you feel.

Love,

AbbyLee

Jen_TGCD
05-27-2005, 01:24 AM
We really don't need labels but we all have a tendency to try to find some place where we fit in or some group we can identify with. There is so much diversity in the Transgender Community that I just find it easy to use the CD label so most people know that I'm not Gender Dysphoric or a Fetish Dresser or a Female Impersonator. Most will assume that that I'm a guy that occasionally wears women's clothing! :)

If anyone feels that TG or CD is too confining to express who they really are... then find another way to describe yourself or don't use any label and just wait until someone asks. Then you have the choice of going deeper, if you want to.

Think of a label as an adjective... not a noun!!! :thumbsup:

Topaz
05-27-2005, 01:37 AM
My preference is 2 spirit. People are born with both male and female spirits in them and one may dominate more than the other regardless of sexual organs. I'm biased but I have always felt that people who cross dress, are gay, lesbian, tg, ts, whatever diserve honor and respect. For me it's that simple.

Hugs,
Topaz

Mia lynn
05-27-2005, 07:24 AM
I know what you mean. I'm not sure where I fit in CD, Tv or Androgynous.
I just know that I love dress up and act girly.
Hugs
Mia :)